Disney Dream Family verandah staterooms/larger balconies

There is vibration in the aft balconies (at least the staterooms that we have been in: 7194 on the Dream and 6192 on the Fantasy) - can't argue with that. But I can't say that it has ever bothered us as it has, unfortunately for others. The vibration was only noticeable once when we were backing into Castaway Cay due to the currents - it seemed to take forever for them to back in. The other time was when we were returning to PC very early in the morning - it was still dark out - that woke us up but we quickly fell back asleep. Sometimes the wooden hangars in the closet would rattle together. We just took down that ones that didn't have clothes on them and that fixed that. All this is to say, it is an issue that you need to be aware of, however, none of it has ever been bad enough that it would dissuade us from booking another aft extended verandah stateroom. We just love having our reclining loungers out there with a glass of wine in hand.

Look up 5052. It's forward/port side and it has a massive balcony. I have it booked for my next cruise but haven't sailed on it yet.
We stayed in this room and the balcony is massive!!! We booked GTY and major pixie dust. Not too loud in the hall, convenient location. We loved it!! Picture doesn’t do it justice

Attachments

• 27B02328-6AC1-4D7B-BCE0-AE2630E4B08A.jpeg
    27B02328-6AC1-4D7B-BCE0-AE2630E4B08A.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 28
So category 4c, the rooms are a little bigger, but the balcony is smaller? What’s the difference in the stateroom? Thank you! This first time cruiser appreciates all your help!

So category 4c, the rooms are a little bigger, but the balcony is smaller? What’s the difference in the stateroom? Thank you! This first time cruiser appreciates all your help!
Some rooms sleep 5 and will have an extra murphy bed between the sofa and the verandah. Others will have a chair in that space. So the extra size of the room is roughly equivalent to the width of a twin bed. The balcony is regular size instead of oversized.

So category 4c, the rooms are a little bigger, but the balcony is smaller? What’s the difference in the stateroom?
You also get the round bathtub with rainfall shower instead of the rectangular bathtub with regular shower head. Some people like that. And the stateroom does feel more spacious and have an extra pull-down bed or two. That's the difference on the Dream class ships between a deluxe stateroom and a deluxe family stateroom. The latter is a slightly bigger stateroom with the round tub & rainfall shower. The only exception is the 4Es which don't have those features. They have the larger balconies, instead.

We have stayed in 6192 and 7194, both of which have extended verandahs. We are staying in 7194 again (our favourite), next year on the Fantasy just for that extended verandah. But as mentioned above, selected Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah, select Aft location and then look for Extended Verandah. It isn't just on deck 5 though - as I mentioned we've been on deck 6 and 7 which in this category.
We're staying in 7194 this September and looking forward to it! Thanks for sharing that it's you're favorite! We had originally booked 10160 to get something bigger at the back of the ship but found 7194 open a few weeks ago and switched.

We're staying in 7194 this September and looking forward to it! Thanks for sharing that it's you're favorite! We had originally booked 10160 to get something bigger at the back of the ship but found 7194 open a few weeks ago and switched.
I hope you enjoy it like we do! I know some don't like the aft cabins due to vibration but to be honest, it's never really bothered us. Sometimes we could hear the hangars banging in the closet, but we just took the ones down that we weren't using so that fixed that problem. The extended verandah is soooo nice to relax on and the views when in port, especially Castaway Cay, are beautiful!

Attachments

• DSC_0046.jpeg
    DSC_0046.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter