Disney Dream has switched to pump bottles for H2O pruducts

@ Lilsia - You missed my point entirely. I am well aware of how norovirus occurs on a cruise ship given the multitudes of people and close proximity, but thanks for the education. All of the points you listed support what I was saying. You are more inclined to get sick from all of the public areas on the ship. But I'm happy you were able to get the soap concern addressed in your own cabin.

I guess I did miss your point. I thought you were just bashing those who take sanitation seriously. I would like to feel good about the shared pumps in the rooms but it just does not sit well. The issue is that you really don't know how they are up keeping them and how long they are just topping them off without cleaning out the containers. We didn't use ours so I doubt that they even touched them after we got off and just left them for the next cruisers. Chances are that most people are good and will not tamper with them. But I don't put it past some teenage boy thinking it is funny to squirt some Nair in there. There are those out there with bad judgment. There is a reason why they have seals on everything now. It comes down to that I don't think that it is unreasonable to have personal bottles, especially at the prices that they charge. This is not the YMCA after all.

I sailed the Dream last week. Our stateroom, 2554, did not have the refillable bottles. We were given individual bottles of everything but body wash. We got bar soap in the tub area. We asked both our stateroom attendant and Guest Services about getting body wash, and were told by both that none was available. It was annoying, but not the end of the world.

I sailed the Dream last week. Our stateroom, 2554, did not have the refillable bottles. We were given individual bottles of everything but body wash. We got bar soap in the tub area. We asked both our stateroom attendant and Guest Services about getting body wash, and were told by both that none was available. It was annoying, but not the end of the world.

Only Concierge got the body wash prior to the bottles. Us “commoners” only got bar soap.
And since Concierge switched to (nasty) Elemis products, there would be no individual bottles of H2O+ body wash left.

Only Concierge got the body wash prior to the bottles. Us “commoners” only got bar soap.
And since Concierge switched to (nasty) Elemis products, there would be no individual bottles of H2O+ body wash left.
Thanks for the clarification. I’ve obviously blocked that from my memory!

I have loads of the small ones I have brought home from cruises and .parks.
I use them on short trips, like the 2 night one I am on now.
I never use bar soap unless it is just for me. On trips I get the dollar pumps and then just toss them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter