Disney Dream January 3, 2012

Still early days yet. But I am thinking about this cruise!

I know the balance needs to be paid this month and then we can start booking up either at the end of this month/early next month (I have to look these things up -- anyone have the dates?). We're doing a B2B with the NYE cruise just prior so we'll definitely be on the boat waiting for everyone!

Yes, still here.. If no one wants to create the FE list, I will do it... If everyone can PM me your info, I will work on creating it.

Hi Everyone! We're excited about our first Disney Cruise in January! One of my co-workers told me about DisBoards and i'm looking forward to meeting new friends before the cruise! My husband I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary on Jan 5th and we'll be sailing with a 4 yr old and 7 year old.

Hi Everyone! We're excited about our first Disney Cruise in January! One of my co-workers told me about DisBoards and i'm looking forward to meeting new friends before the cruise! My husband I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary on Jan 5th and we'll be sailing with a 4 yr old and 7 year old.

:welcome:

I see this is your first post welcome to the boards. Don't forget to check out the Cruise forum . Lots of information there. But beware the boards are very addicting. :lmao:

We are a quiet group but hope closer to the time people will chat more. People are still getting over summer and getting kids back to school I guess. Then of course there is Thanksgiving and Christmas to get to but by the we will be so close to sailing then, can't wait.

hey everyone

We are cruising back to backs as well. Looking forward to first cruise on the Dream. Question tho how does it work for a back to back cruise as far as getting off and than back on for the 2nd cruise. Do you have to take your luggage off as well?

hey everyone

We are cruising back to backs as well. Looking forward to first cruise on the Dream. Question tho how does it work for a back to back cruise as far as getting off and than back on for the 2nd cruise. Do you have to take your luggage off as well?

I found this ......

Guests who have booked back to back Disney cruises will be required to disembark by 9:00am at the Port Canaveral terminal after their first cruise. Re-boarding will be permitted at 10:30am after re-checking in at the terminal. Ship Services may not be fully available until 1:00pm. Guests may encounter heavy cleaning/maintenance during the transition.

If the stateroom remains the same, luggage may be left inside the room. If there's a room change, guests are advised to check with guest services regarding luggage storage.

I think I have read a trip report were they are back on the ship even before the terminal is open to the next bunch. You will be back on way before the general public goes on at 12:00 . I did hear that they had to re check in at the terminal again.

Hello everyone! It has been quiet here...good to see some chatter!! My girls and I are still very excited and have been checking the boards often--DH still thinks we're crazy for getting so excited so far in advance:earboy2:

We definitely want to participate in the FE (started making things months ago, but it kinda of fell by the wayside all summer, and now I want to do something different...) What info do we need to provide?

Can't wait to see everyone:dance3:

I just bought the cutest pirate PJs for my two little pirates! They are on sale for $10.99 at Gymboree.com -- I can't post the link because I haven't posted enough yet, if if you search the site for "pirate" you'll find 'em!

pirate:

Hi All,
Getting excited about thie cruise yet? My DH, DS (21) and DD(10) will be travelling with my sister and brother-in-law for this cruise and we can't wait.
We did the Western Caribbean on the Magic in April and are looking forward to exploring the Dream and visiting CC again (it was my favorite part of the trip). My sis cruises with DCL alot (she's Platinum status and recently came back from the Alaska cruise on the Wonder) and she was on the first Dream cruise last January. She says it really is a Dream :laughing:
Anyone know what the dining rotation will be?

Hi All,
Getting excited about thie cruise yet? My DH, DS (21) and DD(10) will be travelling with my sister and brother-in-law for this cruise and we can't wait.
We did the Western Caribbean on the Magic in April and are looking forward to exploring the Dream and visiting CC again (it was my favorite part of the trip). My sis cruises with DCL alot (she's Platinum status and recently came back from the Alaska cruise on the Wonder) and she was on the first Dream cruise last January. She says it really is a Dream :laughing:
Anyone know what the dining rotation will be?

I usually don't know my rotation unitl I get on. I know some request a certain order. Not sure if they have a formal night on the 5 day. My sister was on the Dream , thrid week out I think and they never had a set day for formal night.

Not going to do Pablo or Remey. We don't mind just using the dining rooms and they well all be new us. So excited to see them all.

hey everyone

great! what cruises are you doing? we are doing the jan 3 and jan 8! :)

We are doing 12/29 and 1/3.

No, you don't take your luggage off. If you have the same stateroom for both cruises you just keep it there. If not, then you arrange to have it temporarily put into storage until the next stateroom is ready.

Between cruises, however, you need to debark the ship, go through customs, and then turn and go up the escalator and check in for your second cruise.

From what I gather, however, they don't make you wait -- you can go right back on board at that point. nab has it pretty much accurate from what I've heard as well.

Booked up some dining ressies last night. Got Palo dinner and tea, but brunch was all gone. Got Remy! I'm surprised it was so easy -- I booked it for our NYE cruise, too, actually on NYE. Got parasailing for my husband, yay!

I don't know why I booked a cabana (think it was just the thrill of the moment :lmao:) but I will be letting that go -- if anyone here decides they want one and they're all gone, LMK and we can coordinate my releasing it and your taking it.

I'm still tired from staying up to book these ressies, lol.

We forgot until 1am that we could book the activities so we only got Remy and Palo diner. I really wanted a palo brunch so I am disappointed, but we'll try to get one once we get onboard, and we do have a second cruise after to get it too...

hope everyone got what they wanted! :)

Anne-Karine

There were no brunch ressies available this cruise or the one prior (we're B2B) but I'm hoping we can get in when we arrive.

When are you at Palo and Remy for dinner? If I can remember, being so sleep-deprived:rotfl:, I think we're Palo on Day 2 and Remy on Day 3.

we took Remy on day 2 and Palo on day 4. I will probably cancel Palo though and book it on my second cruise. Depends if I actually get a brunch or not.

I am really excited for Remy... can't wait to try it! a bit expensive but it sounds awesome.

cmclaura, I would love to take your cabana ressie if noone else has asked. I want to surprise the family with one (its my girls Christmas present and have many surprises for them already haha). I was going to look everyday hoping to catch one, and now im having trouble even checking the website. Let me know, I would be extremely grateful!

cmclaura, I would love to take your cabana ressie if noone else has asked. I want to surprise the family with one (its my girls Christmas present and have many surprises for them already haha). I was going to look everyday hoping to catch one, and now im having trouble even checking the website. Let me know, I would be extremely grateful!

Cindy, for some reason I'm not able to private message you. Could you email me at CMCLaura@aol.com and we'll figure out how to do this -- I just checked the website and all the cabanas are sold out. We may have to call DCL together and see if they can transfer it.

Where in PA are you? We're in Chester County near Valley Forge.

Hi Laura, we live in the north east. Its a small little area called Drums. We're about 30 minutes south of Scranton. We've never actually been to Valley Forge, but its on our list of places to visit.

I forgot to ask you if the cabana is on the family beach or the adults only beach? We need one on the family beach. haha I don't want to waste your time if we can't use it. I did see there was one adult cabana open when our time frame opened, but it went pretty fast. Hopefully we can figure out how to switch if I can use the cabana. Thank you again for the offer. I am so afraid I won't be able to get a cabana. This would be the best surprise for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter