Disney Dream January 3, 2012

Sheryl, I feel your pain! I'm working on FE gifts now.... wondering how I'm going to get everything done before Christmas! Presents, baking, packing, Christmas cards, FE gifts .... so much left to do! But we are soooooo excited!

Hello my fellow sailing mates :dance3:,

We are very excited about this trip :yay:. Like so many others, there is a lot our family is celebrating :cheer2:. Me and DW are celebrating 9 years of marriage :love:. Our big DS is turning 8 and our little DD is turning 5.
We have heard about a "Fish Extender Club" where you register (somewhere :confused3) and participate in giving and receiving little Fish Extender treats. Does anyone out there know where to register for this fun and excitement :banana:??

Looking forward to meeting so many of you fellow travelors :worship:.

Big T :cool1:

Hello my fellow sailing mates :dance3:,

We are very excited about this trip :yay:. Like so many others, there is a lot our family is celebrating :cheer2:. Me and DW are celebrating 9 years of marriage :love:. Our big DS is turning 8 and our little DD is turning 5.
We have heard about a "Fish Extender Club" where you register (somewhere :confused3) and participate in giving and receiving little Fish Extender treats. Does anyone out there know where to register for this fun and excitement :banana:??

Looking forward to meeting so many of you fellow travelors :worship:.

I believe they have already closed the date on the Fish Enders. You have to do this because some people order things and they need the exact number. Since I am not partaking in this I am not sure who has the list. Go back a few pages and you should be able to find it but like I said I think they closed the list.

I think having all these things to do with Christmas is making our trip come fast, which is a good thing. :goodvibes I won't be packing until the week after Christmas even though most of the stuff we are not wearing now due to cold weather. That being said I have a running list in my head.

I just need to get though Christmas first and like someone said so much to due and only 2 weeks left to do it.

Just remember to only edit your personal details and be careful with the document. This saves me having to update if you cabin number changes or you want to add/remove names etc... If you do edit the document make sure you SAVE it and it will automatically update to this link.

I am still very willing to update or add to it if you prefer it that way just post a reply or PM me.

Thanks,
Misty[/QUOTE]

Hello,
I am sending this because I followed the link above and it took me to a spread sheet. I added my families names as guess #19 in room 9088 :thumbsup2. I hope that it is not too late and we will be able to participate in the FE club. I just wanted you to know since you are basically the one who originated the list. Please let me know if I am able to be a part of the festivities of FE.

The cutoff for the FE stuff was Thanksgiving. On my last cruise there was a last minute cabin and the way they handled it was with the understanding that if people had extra stuff they would drop it off but since you came to the list very late you would probably not get something from everyone. If everyone else is ok with this then you can leave your entry at #19 but I would add a line before your name as added after cutoff...

We've done it this way before, too.

Our last group was VERY friendly (we're all STILL talking on our FB page!) and people would tell the latecomers if they could or couldn't do the FE with them, so as to not have the latecomer buy things for people who wouldn't be reciprocating.

As I remember, we had a group of 24 cabins and I think only 2-3 people couldn't do it as they'd made personalized gifts ahead of time. It can work!

We've done it this way before, too.

Our last group was VERY friendly (we're all STILL talking on our FB page!) and people would tell the latecomers if they could or couldn't do the FE with them, so as to not have the latecomer buy things for people who wouldn't be reciprocating.

As I remember, we had a group of 24 cabins and I think only 2-3 people couldn't do it as they'd made personalized gifts ahead of time. It can work!

That's a great idea! I hope nobody minds -- I went ahead and added a column to the spreadsheet so that everyone could annotate if they could FE with the latecomers to the list.

pirate:

I just wanted to let everyone know that my grandfather who was in cabin 5552 will not be cruising. He has been very ill over the past month and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. We decided it would not be safe for him to travel. I will remove him from the FE list. So sorry for the late information but it was a tough decision. I also want to apologize for my lack of attention to the FE list. I have had a lot going on but the FE spreadsheet seems to have run itself well.

See you in a few weeks.

If anyone had made him personalized FE gifts that can't be regifted just add them to my FE (Cabin 5520). I am sure he would be grateful. Prayers are fine, too!

Misty

So sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope that he recovers and wil be able to cruise with you sometime in the future.

Hello

Misty, I echo the sentiments of Homeschool Momma and we pray that the health of your grandfather will improve.
I just wanted to put the synergy (or mojo :rotfl2:) out there that we plan on full participation in the fish extenders. We are diligently working on what we will be delivering to everyone on the list. As the last comers, we fully understand that people may have ordered personalized items and it would be to late to include us in that. No prob Bob :cool2: It is all good. We are just sorry that we did not learn about this earlier so that we could be assured of full participation. We know that it is not all about us either, that is why we will be passing out our little "treats". If nothing else everyone should at least make it up to deck 9 room #9088 to at least look at our FE and door. I think it will be encouraging to everyone and that will be "treat" enough for us.
I look forward to talking to and meeting many of you. We are truly social butterflies.

Family of 5
Dad
Mom
Daughters 10, 7

and a very upset 17-year-old who turns 18 on Jan. 3.

We were just told today, that the "still in h.s." policy has recently changed and he will not be allowed in the teen room. Happy B-Day, from Disney...???:confused3

Just moved to IL from CA.

Naperville.

That was me!

He will probably be in the teen club with Keighley (she turns 18 on 12/14) but as she's still in HS, is eligible for the teen club until she graduates.

Birthdays are such fun! Make sure DCL knows as I think they have a special button they give to celebrants.

I think I PM'd you, the Vibe Teen Club policy on high school senior has changed.

18 year olds are no longer allowed in the club. Strict enforcement.

Several people have checked this out and confirmed the policy just went into place this week.

here is the thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2846750

Some people who are further out are canceling their vacations. I guess we're outta luck.

Hi, my family of 4 has a private tour booked in Nassau and was wondering any 2 other people might want to share with us? Myself, Hubby, DS 21 and DD 19 just did not find the right tour for us via Disney Cruise and decide to go on our own with another tour company. Total price for the 2.5 hr tour is $180 and can accomadate 6 people...in which case we have only 4 going and hoping to add another 2 interested folks to help with the cost. Making it $30 pp.

We plan on seeing both Forts, Atlantis resort and the major important buildings in Nassau along with some of the higher rent district home areas...and maybe pirate musuem if time allows. Payment is due at time we meet up with tour guide to the tour guide. They will pick us up at the dock and bring us back to the dock. Mid morning departure for tour. Admission if any to these sites is on your own.

My hubby and i just visited Nassau this past October so we were able to check out Nassau before hand and decided what we wanted our college age kids to see when we vacation this time with them on the Dream.

Just PM me if you are interested or have any questions.

Saw some great looking Christmas decor in posted pics.

Will Christmas decor still be up for our cruise?

Christmas technically ends on Jan 6.:santa:

Saw some great looking Christmas decor in posted pics.

Will Christmas decor still be up for our cruise?

Christmas technically ends on Jan 6.:santa:

I believe we just miss them by a week. They come down right after the New Years cruise. At least that is what I read somewhere.

I saw all the decorations too on a trip report. Kevin takes great picture is anyone wants to check them out on the trip report forum.

I believe we just miss them by a week. They come down right after the New Years cruise. At least that is what I read somewhere.

I saw all the decorations too on a trip report. Kevin takes great picture is anyone wants to check them out on the trip report forum.

Too Bad.

At least they'll still be up at GF... for 1 night at least.

I'm told that they will start taking them down the evening of January 2 and finish up while in port before you all will be boarding. As we're doing the B2B, we'll be there, trying to get shots of this happening.

What happened to the thread you started on the Vibe policy change? It's gone missing!

What happened to the thread you started on the Vibe policy change? It's gone missing!

My email's on my member page. That's all I can say.

You guys are going to have a great New Years! Are you taking the Dream from NYC to FL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter