Disney Dream Mattress

@AVeliz we're coming up on 1 year with our and still love it. After years with our SleepNumber I was unsure of going back to a "standard mattress" but I really do sleep much better on it. Have zero regrets getting ours.

We got ours delivered today. Was very fast. Only waited a couple weeks. I was surprised that the trucking company appeared to be an independent company and not XPO. I was going to tip them but they left quickly and I felt weird chasing them down to tip. If anyone is comfortable answering this, did you tip your delivery people? Tipping is really awkward to me and I always question whether to do it or not.

@Disco Lemonade - Which model did you order? We ordered the pillow top last week and were told 6-10 weeks. We're hoping we may luck out and get it sooner!

I think it was called moderate plush. It was the one they matched to the Caribbean Beach resort. I think we considered the pillow top, but the one we got was the version we had most recently experienced. We have really liked it so far, but we were also wanting a firmer mattress.

We also still love ours too! We got the Deluxe Plush king with the low profile box spring.

We ordered the pillowtop on March 13th and was also told 6 to 10 weeks. I received a phone call this morning with a delivery date of Tuesday March 30th. That was sooner than I was anticipating!

I would be interested in a review if you have time to do one.

Hey guys!
Jumping in here - so I went on Beautyrest & researched by specific hotel (we had just stayed at Boardwalk DVC & wanted the same mattress) & they listed it as the Deluxe Plush so I bought the king & it was delivered yesterday. The bed is much firmer than I remember, so I'm thinking I ordered the incorrect model. Maybe we slept on the pillowtop? Has anyone else run into this? It's either that, or they had another "topping" on the bed & I just didn't investigate enough while at the hotel.
My husband loves it, but I gotta say, I'm kinda bummed, lol.

Hey guys!
Jumping in here - so I went on Beautyrest & researched by specific hotel (we had just stayed at Boardwalk DVC & wanted the same mattress) & they listed it as the Deluxe Plush so I bought the king & it was delivered yesterday. The bed is much firmer than I remember, so I'm thinking I ordered the incorrect model. Maybe we slept on the pillowtop? Has anyone else run into this? It's either that, or they had another "topping" on the bed & I just didn't investigate enough while at the hotel.
My husband loves it, but I gotta say, I'm kinda bummed, lol.
We received ours yesterday as well, and I agree it's nothing even close to "soft" like website describes, and we DID get the pillowtop. It's absolutely awful and I'm heartbroken... especially since it can't be returned.

I am getting nervous. I ordered the one for the moderate resort (Caribbean Beach) because the rep I talked to on the phone said the pillow top was indeed "soft" and we like to sleep on a firmer surface. But if even the plush and pillow top which are considered soft are really hard we might be in for some backbreaking sleep!

I hope this mattress will be okay for us to sleep on. Fortunately we will be upgrading to a king when we move early next year and this mattress set will go into one of the spare bedrooms.

We received ours yesterday as well, and I agree it's nothing even close to "soft" like website describes, and we DID get the pillowtop. It's absolutely awful and I'm heartbroken... especially since it can't be returned.

Don't fret quite yet. I'm thinking that perhaps the mattress needs time to "break in" - think about it. The ones we sleep on at the hotel have, most likely, been around for quite a while. So perhaps all that wear & tear (kids jumping on it lol) is the reason why they feel "softer". At least that's what I'm hoping. Worst case scenario, I'm thinking of getting a cheap cushion-top-thing for my side.

Just wanted to chime in, I noticed this thread while searching for Disney resort mattresses, only place I wake up without pain and sleep past 5am, lol.

I settled on the deluxe plush king with foundation. Description is dead on for me, it’s definitely plush, no way I would describe it as firm.

Definitely feels like the mattress at Coronado/CBR to me. Me and the wifey are both happy with it initially and I’ll update after a week or so.

Just wanted to chime in, I noticed this thread while searching for Disney resort mattresses, only place I wake up without pain and sleep past 5am, lol.

I settled on the deluxe plush king with foundation. Description is dead on for me, it’s definitely plush, no way I would describe it as firm.

Definitely feels like the mattress at Coronado/CBR to me. Me and the wifey are both happy with it initially and I’ll update after a week or so.

That's GREAT news! Good for you! Mine is still nothing like the bed at Boardwalk, lol, and stiff as all getout, but I'm getting used to it. I definitely think that they have some sort of "topper" on the ones at the resort to preserve the actual mattress...something they can switch out every few months.

Also, anyone notice that the beds at Boardwalk seem soooooooo wide. Like, the bed we just bought? No WAY it's as wide as the Boardwalk bed.

I just received my moderate plush mattress yesterday. I was torn between it or the pillowtop, but went with the plush since I figured you could always add softness with a topper, but not add firmness. And boy is it FIRM. I’m pretty disappointed since it doesn’t feel like the one I stayed on at CBR. However like Jodi said, it probably needs time to break in since the resort beds have been around for ages. I took a picture of the mattress while I was there in January 2021 and it said it was manufactured in October of 2014!

Tonight I spent awhile walking on top of it which I’ve read helps! Going to give it awhile and then buy some type of topper if it doesn’t get better. I’m kicking myself for not going with the pillowtop, but it makes me feel better seeing that maybe it’s not much softer either?!

I just received my moderate plush mattress yesterday. I was torn between it or the pillowtop, but went with the plush since I figured you could always add softness with a topper, but not add firmness. And boy is it FIRM. I’m pretty disappointed since it doesn’t feel like the one I stayed on at CBR. However like Jodi said, it probably needs time to break in since the resort beds have been around for ages. I took a picture of the mattress while I was there in January 2021 and it said it was manufactured in October of 2014!

Tonight I spent awhile walking on top of it which I’ve read helps! Going to give it awhile and then buy some type of topper if it doesn’t get better. I’m kicking myself for not going with the pillowtop, but it makes me feel better seeing that maybe it’s not much softer either?!
I gotta start walking around on my mattress, too! lol It's getting better...I haven't put a topper on my side of the bed yet & am thinking that I won't need to. Either it's breaking in a bit or I'm just getting used to it. And WOW! manufactured in 2014 & still in the mix..impressive.
I'm still mystified by the wideness of the beds over at Boardwalk, too...Maybe it's all in my head...I'll have to wait until we're down there next & measure it.

I gotta start walking around on my mattress, too! lol It's getting better...I haven't put a topper on my side of the bed yet & am thinking that I won't need to. Either it's breaking in a bit or I'm just getting used to it. And WOW! manufactured in 2014 & still in the mix..impressive.
I'm still mystified by the wideness of the beds over at Boardwalk, too...Maybe it's all in my head...I'll have to wait until we're down there next & measure it.
Haha I read online to do that or walk on it with your knees. It’s a good workout at least! I’m glad to hear it’s better for you...we just woke up from night 2 and it’s still really firm, but I seem to sleep deeply on it.

Do you think they’re making them differently now or something? Or it depends on the factory they’re made in since it seems like some people are saying theirs aren’t firm? I know that sounds crazy but when I called awhile ago to ask about shipping time, she mentioned it depends where in the country you live bc with Covid precautions some states were taking longer than others. So I don’t know if she meant there are different factories making them or just the whole delivery process. I know they’re headquartered in Georgia and she told me they make each order once it comes in, it’s not like they have a stock of them. I’m located in the southeast.

Also, about the width. I don’t remember it being any different. Ours fits our box spring and sheets fine (I didn’t buy their box springs). But this is our first king. Also, I know CBR didn't have any type of additional padding on theirs, just a normal mattress cover, because I specifically looked when taking a picture of the tag.

We’ve had the Pillowtop for a few weeks now and it’s still way too firm for me! 😞 My husband likes it but he’s a back sleeper whereas I’m a side sleeper. I wake up in pain every day, wake up at night with sore hips and tingling legs and arms. I don’t know why they list it on the far soft end of the scale, it’s actually very firm! I have a new topper (our old one is even on it right now!) on order and am hoping that will help. Oddly, the website says it’s supposed to be 14.25” yet when I measured it I think it’s a stretch to even call it 13”. I’m so miserable with it that I’m considering calling to see if we have any recourse because of that discrepancy. It’s definitely the pillow top model though as it looks the same as the photo.

We’ve had the Pillowtop for a few weeks now and it’s still way too firm for me! 😞 My husband likes it but he’s a back sleeper whereas I’m a side sleeper. I wake up in pain every day, wake up at night with sore hips and tingling legs and arms. I don’t know why they list it on the far soft end of the scale, it’s actually very firm! I have a new topper (our old one is even on it right now!) on order and am hoping that will help. Oddly, the website says it’s supposed to be 14.25” yet when I measured it I think it’s a stretch to even call it 13”. I’m so miserable with it that I’m considering calling to see if we have any recourse because of that discrepancy. It’s definitely the pillow top model though as it looks the same as the photo.
Aww I’m sorry!! I really think they changed them! Will you update on what they tell you? What part of the US are you in?

My husband wants to give it a few weeks before putting on a topper, but I tried my son’s on it and it helps a lot. I’m just mad I could have bought a much cheaper bed if I’m just putting a topper on it....

Aww I’m sorry!! I really think they changed them! Will you update on what they tell you? What part of the US are you in?

My husband wants to give it a few weeks before putting on a topper, but I tried my son’s on it and it helps a lot. I’m just mad I could have bought a much cheaper bed if I’m just putting a topper on it....

I’m in Indiana. Will let you know 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter