Disney Dream May 16-20 2022

Sorahana

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! I thought I'd start a thread for this cruise!

I'd love to start off the conversation:

1. What cruise # is this for you?
2. What is one thing you are most looking forward to for the cruise?
3. Who is your favorite Disney character?
4. Who is joining you on your crise adventure?

Here's my answers:
1. This will be cruise # 5 for me
2. I am looking forward to Castaway Cay, as well as getting back to The Cove and Senses Spa, also a family vacation
3. Stitch and Pluto
4. My husband and his parents, who are all cruising for the first time.

Hey, nice to meet you.

1] this is our DCL cruise #5 as well,
2] We are looking forward to having good weather on Castaway Cay. Both other times we have been there, it has rained.
3] I guess my favorite disney character would have to be Mickey.
4] My wife and 23 year old son and 21 year old daughter will be on the cruise.

Just got the email from our Dreams agent about Pete announcing a podcast cruise and luckily we already had this cruise booked. I’ve never been to one before or even met any of the crew. It will be our 1st cruise, we tried just before COVID and the cruise we had booked kept getting pushed later and later until we ended up just canceling it. Very awesome they are doing a podcast on the cruise we have booked now.

1. What cruise # is this for you? 1

2. What is one thing you are most looking forward to for the cruise? Just trying a cruise for the first time and now the podcast.

3. Who is your favorite Disney character? Mickey

4. Who is joining you on your crise adventure? my wife

We’ve wanted to do a Disney cruise for a long while and when they announced this as a podcast cruise, I jumped to book a reservation. We eventually want to take our granddaughter on a cruise, so we thought this cruise would be a good learning opportunity.

1. This is our second first Disney/large ship cruise. We have done 2 small ship cruises in Alaska.
2. We just want to experience a Disney Cruise.
3. My favorite character is Goofy, with Pluto a close second. My wife’s favorite is Mickey & Minnie together.
4. This trip will be my wife and I.

edit: We just scheduled a 4 day cruise out of Galveston in December, making this our 2nd DCL cruise.

Last edited:

Super excited to meet the DIS people. Been following for years and using the agency for a few years, so it's going to be so much fun meeting them in person.

1. What cruise # is this for you? TWO!

2. What is one thing you are most looking forward to for the cruise? Introducing my best friend to cruising and meeting the DIS crew!

3. Who is your favorite Disney character? Donald Duck, Esmeralda

4. Who is joining you on your cruise adventure? My best friend

Hi all. This will be my first Disney cruise. I’ve cruise on HAL and Princess before and DCL looks to be quite different. Looking forward to it.
Meeting Deni and the other Podcast members.
Mulan, Minnie, and Daisy.
My DH, it’s his first cruise, ever!

Val & I will be on this cruise. It will be DCL cruise #16 for us. We have been on every podcast cruise so far and just couldn't break the streak.

Val & I will be on this cruise. It will be DCL cruise #16 for us. We have been on every podcast cruise so far and just couldn't break the streak.
I've been seeing your OKW Lover over the years on this blog. So nice to know you will be on the #16 with DCL (this will be our #11). This is a first for anything like a DIS Pod cruise for us. What can we expect? Will we be able to meet Pete and the rest of the crew that he brings? We are so excited about this cruise.

What can we expect? Will we be able to meet Pete and the rest of the crew that he brings?
Yes, you will be able to meet the DIS crew on board. If past cruises are any indication, there will be several opportunities to interact with them and other cruisers from this board. I'm sure @WebmasterJohn is busy organizing the events and he will reveal them in his own time.

Yes, you will be able to meet the DIS crew on board. If past cruises are any indication, there will be several opportunities to interact with them and other cruisers from this board. I'm sure @WebmasterJohn is busy organizing the events and he will reveal them in his own time.
Thank you. We're looking forward to this cruise (and the one following it).

We are staying at Boulder Ridge for 4 nights before the cruise. I have a car rental reservation right now just for the 4 nights but wonder does Disney have transportation from resorts to the Disney port, maybe Uber would be better? We have a transfer from the port back to MCO but thinking maybe save money on a rental car and get a ride to the port.

We are staying at Boulder Ridge for 4 nights before the cruise. I have a car rental reservation right now just for the 4 nights but wonder does Disney have transportation from resorts to the Disney port, maybe Uber would be better? We have a transfer from the port back to MCO but thinking maybe save money on a rental car and get a ride to the port.
Yes, Disney has transportation (for a fee) from the resorts to the port. If you have a car, check and see how much it is for the entire duration of your stay. Sometimes its cheaper to keep the car for the whole time, park it at the port and then return it at the airport at the end.

Yes, Disney has transportation (for a fee) from the resorts to the port. If you have a car, check and see how much it is for the entire duration of your stay. Sometimes its cheaper to keep the car for the whole time, park it at the port and then return it at the airport at the end.

Good thought. Does it cost anything to park at port while on the cruise?

Yes, there is a fee to park at the port. I forget the price but be sure to figure that into the calculation.

For those going on this cruise and wondering about Pirate Night, its scheduled for the day we are at Castaway Cay, which is Wednesday 5/18.

This will be number 8 for us. Been on all 4 ships and think the 7-night cruises are great. Really looking forward to meeting the DIS crew. Have already met Teresa at the Welcome Center last October. She was great! Almost missed our boarding time shooting the bull. Just my wife and I. Food, relaxing and Castaway Cay!

Hello! We're so excited, this will be a first cruise for us. we have been to Disney World many times but i've never even seen a cruise ship up close before.
1. What cruise # is this for you? 1
2. What is one thing you are most looking forward to for the cruise? port adventures!
3. Who is your favorite Disney character? Belle <3
4. Who is joining you on your cruise adventure? My husband and two children :)

We haven't cruised since 2018 on the Fantasy! Have re booked this trip 2x

1.What cruise # is this for you? 5
2. What is one thing you are most looking forward to for the cruise? Adults only areas
3. Who is your favorite Disney character? Jack Sparrow and Jack Skellington
4. Who is joining you on your crise adventure? My dsughters 20 and 21

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter