Disney Dream May 16-20 2022

1) - 7th cruise, number 4 for Disney
2) - Looking forward to finally meeting in person all the Dis unplugged crew as I've listened, watched them for many years now! And sitting in with the Dis Unplugged live broadcast of the ship on Thursday! hoping to make some Dis friends as I am a very Disney fan and yet here in my mid-west state I practically don't have any friends who love to talk and discuss all Disney. Watching all the Disney production of broadway plays. Hearing and Watching my 16 year old sociable son have the BEST time in the Vibe room and teen peers. Hearing the Disney background songs being pumped through the hallways of the rooms!
3) Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Beauty Belle, Little Mermaid.
4) My teenage son but I will be basically solo for most of the time so I am looking forward to meeting and possibly hanging out on deck or lounge with fellow Dis'ers! I love meeting people.

Can we plan some meet-ups on the Ship?

1) - 7th cruise, number 4 for Disney
2) - Looking forward to finally meeting in person all the Dis unplugged crew as I've listened, watched them for many years now! And sitting in with the Dis Unplugged live broadcast of the ship on Thursday! hoping to make some Dis friends as I am a very Disney fan and yet here in my mid-west state I practically don't have any friends who love to talk and discuss all Disney. Watching all the Disney production of broadway plays. Hearing and Watching my 16 year old sociable son have the BEST time in the Vibe room and teen peers. Hearing the Disney background songs being pumped through the hallways of the rooms!
3) Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Beauty Belle, Little Mermaid.
4) My teenage son but I will be basically solo for most of the time so I am looking forward to meeting and possibly hanging out on deck or lounge with fellow Dis'ers! I love meeting people.

Can we plan some meet-ups on the Ship?
:welcome: Welcome Aboard. I'm also looking forward to meeting all the people I watch on the DIS shows. There are a few other solos or near solo cruisers on this cruise. Can't wait to meet you and all the DIS'ers (or is it DIS'ears)!

1. What cruise # is this for you?
This is cruise number 4 four us, our second on the Dream!

2. What is one thing you are most looking forward to for the cruise?
We are staying in concierge for the first time ever, and due to a number of circumstances (including the additional credit for not cancelling), we are staying in the Walt Disney Suite! I am beside myself with excitement!

3. Who is your favorite Disney character?
If Marvel characters count, it would be Loki. Otherwise, I think I'll say Chip and Dale.

4. Who is joining you on your cruise adventure?
My amazing partner and spouse of 27 years. This is the second anniversary of our cancelled 2020 25th anniversary cruise.

Last edited:

This is cruise number 4 four us, our second on the Dream!

We are staying in concierge for the first time ever, and due to a number of circumstances (including the additional credit for not cancelling), we are staying in the Walt Disney Suite! I am beside myself with excitement!

If Marvel characters count, it would be Loki. Otherwise, I think I'll say Chip and Dale.

4. Who is joining you on your cruise adventure?
My amazing partner and spouse of 27 years. This is the second anniversary of our cancelled 2020 25th anniversary cruise.
:welcome: Welcome Aboard, @Tehanna. WOW, the Walt Disney Suite, how exciting. I thought Pete would have grabbed that one. Good for you and your belated 25th-anniversary celebration.

:welcome: Welcome Aboard, @Tehanna. WOW, the Walt Disney Suite, how exciting. I thought Pete would have grabbed that one. Good for you and your belated 25th-anniversary celebration.
We booked it prior to the Podcast being scheduled (sadly, not through Dreams Unlimited, so we'll have to live vicariously through all of your podcast fun - lesson learned!). I have heard that they may be in the Roy Suite, though.

Last edited:
:welcome: Welcome Aboard. It's so nice to see this will be your first Disney cruise. If you have any questions about anything, this is the place.View attachment 663900
Ahh! You have a GSD as well! Who is this gorgeous pup!!
I have KO (8th in the USA Sieger) and Everest💕 I can’t figure out how to post a photo of them to show you so if we meet up I can show you photos hahaha 🤣

A friend told me about the fish extenders and how you put up a basket and people drop stuff off and how you can do the same but how do you sign up for that so people know?? We just got our room assignment and are in 7644! Super excited :)

Here is what we've done in the past... I've picked up a car at MCO then turned it in at the Budget at Port Canaveral. Check and see if your car rental has a location at Port Canaveral. If so, you can drop off your party and luggage at the port, then turn the car in and get a shuttle back to the port. Since you're already renting the car you can see if it's cost-worthy enough for you to do that, especially if you're going to get a transfer back to MCO.

You can also keep the car and pay for parking at the port. I think it cost me $85 last December when I parked for a 4-night cruise.

You can also turn the car in at the rental place (provided they have one), then take a shuttle after the cruise and get a rental car back to the airport.

I've done all three options above, lol.
Hi and thanks for the information! First time cruiser out of Port Canaveral, looking at getting a rental car after the cruise as quickly as possible. Is it possible to get to Budget using the shuttle by 8:30 if all 4 of us go with luggage or pushing it? Currently have that as a pick up time. Also willing to send husband sans luggage and come back for the family but unsure of where pickup would be, traffic at pick up etc. Thanks for any help, quite in the dark here and don't want to mess it up for a member in our party. We cruise in July if that matters.

Is it possible to get to Budget using the shuttle by 8:30 if all 4 of us go with luggage or pushing it? Currently have that as a pick up time. Also willing to send husband sans luggage and come back for the family but unsure of where pickup would be, traffic at pick up etc.
When we went we all took the shuttle to the car rental place with our luggage. They will have shuttles going back and forth to pick up people.

Hey everyone! I thought I'd start a thread for this cruise!

I'd love to start off the conversation:

4. Who is joining you on your crise adventure?

Here's my answers:
1. This will be cruise # 5 for me
2. I am looking forward to Castaway Cay, as well as getting back to The Cove and Senses Spa, also a family vacation
3. Stitch and Pluto
4. My husband and his parents, who are all cruising for the first time.
1. my 2nd Disney cruise, 1st one in 2003. But this will be my 16+ cruise.
2. MASSAGES, Castaway Cay and the Dis group!
3. hum, Goofy, Winnie the Pooh and lots of others of course
4. I am cruising solo. My hubby will be staying outside WDW and pick me up. We’re staying this 2nd week just so I can do this podcast cruise. What a sport since he’s the one who introduced me to Dis Unplugged (our dinner entertainment).

Question, I have a 6:30 reservation at Palo’s on Wednesday the 18th. Will they seat me with other guests or will I have to eat alone ( this did happen to me before on another cruise line)?

Can’t wait

Question, I have a 6:30 reservation at Palo’s on Wednesday the 18th. Will they seat me with other guests or will I have to eat alone ( this did happen to me before on another cruise line)?
Would would typically be seated alone, just like in a regular restaurant that takes reservations.

You may meet other folks while on board that have a reservation there around the same time. If you hit it off, Palo would certainly arrange to seat you together when you show up.

Question, I have a 6:30 reservation at Palo’s on Wednesday the 18th. Will they seat me with other guests or will I have to eat alone
By happenstance, Val & I are dining at Palo then also. Perhaps we can sit together?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter