• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream November 23, 2018 -- FE

The last time we took a Disney Cruise and participated in the FE program, we found the FE group here and then someone created a Facebook Page just for our group, which made it a little easier to converse, post pictures and communicate about the upcoming trip. Would we have some interest in this? I would be willing to create the Facebook page and setting it all up. It also helped with finding additional people who wanted to participate in the program. Let me know your thoughts.

Just found this to confirm what I said before. This is what one of the moderators of Disboards said, “Um..... links to other social media sites are not allowed here. See this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Only DISboards cruise meet threads are to be posted on DISboards”

Hello,
I hope its not to late to be put on the list. This we be our second DLC, but our first time taking part in the fish extender exchange.
If it's possible if you can explain to me how it works fully.

6562: Macias: Paul (AM) Amber (AF) Patrick 7 (CM)

Thank You

Hello,
I hope its not to late to be put on the list. This we be our second DLC, but our first time taking part in the fish extender exchange.
If it's possible if you can explain to me how it works fully.

6562: Macias: Paul (AM) Amber (AF) Patrick 7 (CM)

Thank You

No it is not too late to join. Welcome aboard. When we get onboard I will give you a hard copy of the rooms that you are trading with. It will be posted here as well once the group has 10 staterooms. So far we are at 4 staterooms.

Here is an article that explains fish extender:

WHAT IS A FISH EXTENDER?

A fish extender can be just about anything, as long as it has pockets to hold goodies from your fellow shipmates. The majority are handmade and store bought. If crafty, sew your own together using Disney themed fabrics or order one from the talented sellers on Etsy. Keep in mind, it should be between 8″ long and 12″ wide, with pockets for each person in your cabin. Each pocket should include the person’s name so everyone receives something just for them. If you have a large family, it’s best to allow each child to have their own pocket while the adults share a pouch on the top. Those participating will hang their Fish Extenders outside of their doors on the signature pewter fish clip outside of each cabin. You’ll see many as you walk around the ship since this is a major tradition for repeat cruisers. It’s fun to see other people’s designs and stateroom decorations in the process.

WHAT GOES IN THE FISH EXTENDERS?
Fish Extenders can be filled with anything from store bought goodies to homemade loot. Think small and practical. Don’t try and stuff your suitcase with 27 tumblers and a pile of Mickey beach towels. The gifts are usually cruise themed and can be used during the recipients trip. Here are some ideas: magnets, buttons, hand sanitizers, coloring books, crayons, packaged candy, specialty treats from the state or city you live in, koozies, tote bags, soaps, key-chains, autograph books, lanyards, Disney pins, luggage tags, glow sticks, eye patches for Pirate night, mini flashlights, stickers, bracelets, etc. Many of these are items you can find at the dollar store or online on Etsy. I always search in Target’s dollar section because they have a ton of cute Disney merch. You can practically add Disney magic to anything by personalizing it with stickers or embellishments. Don’t spend an arm and a leg buying things. You can participate with more families if you keep it affordable.

Also, bring a few extras because it’s not uncommon for others to go around and anonymously sprinkle a little pixie dust in your pockets. Spread the love and put a smile on a fellow cruiser’s face!

DO WE HAVE TO PARTICIPATE EACH DAY?
No, of course not! Daily participation is optional and discussed beforehand. Prior to sailing, you should be chatting with those you will be exchanging with, even if it’s just two or three families. Whether you connect through a Facebook group created specifically for your travel dates or on the DISboards, you will notice that many experienced cruisers are comfortable swapping once a day. This is not expected & is something you can agree upon with those you are trading with. There are many newbies that are fresh to the Fish Extender game that would be more than willing to keep the process stress free without pressure. From experience, I found dropping gifts off once a day manageable, usually at night before we headed to dinner. That way, everyone returns to their cabins and are greeted with a small surprise to end the night. Remember, there is A LOT to do on the cruise so don’t over extend yourself. Keep it fun!

WHY SHOULD WE PARTICIPATE?
Participating in the Fish Extender exchange is one way to connect with other families and also experience the true nature of your one-of-a-kind Disney cruise. The kids absolutely love coming back to their rooms to find goodies galore stuffed in their pockets. It’s all in good fun and a way to collect even more memories during your travels. A little magic can go a long way and this new tradition can be repeated if you decide to sail Disney in the future. Think of it as a “Secret Santa on the high sea!”

I wanted to start gathering some items now for the exchange, is there away to know who are confirmed so far?

Also if there is 10 state do we prepare for each person in all 10 estate rooms? I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly.

Last Question- Since it's a 3 day cruise do we do the exchange for all 3 nights?

I wanted to start gathering some items now for the exchange, is there away to know who are confirmed so far?

Also if there is 10 state do we prepare for each person in all 10 estate rooms? I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly.

Last Question- Since it's a 3 day cruise do we do the exchange for all 3 nights?

So far we have your family and:
1 adult male
4 adult females
1 15-year-old female
1 13-year-old female
1 9-year-old female
1 6-year-old female
1 20-month-old female
1 18-month-old male

As far as giving that is up to you. You can do per stateroom or per person. You can deliver 1 day or everyday. Completely up to you. See second post to see names and stateroom division of who is confirmed (my group). If you have any othe questions please let me know.

Thank you so much for information.
This may be a silly question, but I am going to ask you any ways; When we take part in the exchange do we put our own goodies in our fish extender?

Also I would like to know currently the favorite characters of each participating person, so I can personlize the gifts more

Thank you so much for information.
This may be a silly question, but I am going to ask you any ways; When we take part in the exchange do we put our own goodies in our fish extender?

Also I would like to know currently the favorite characters of each participating person, so I can personlize the gifts more

1. I usually do put my own goodies in just because that is the way I calculate it, but again that is up to you.

2. Favorite Characters:
Robert: Darth Maul or other Sith
Christina: Ariel
Elizabeth: Uma (Descendants 2) or Tigger
Ariel: Cruz Ramirez (Cars 3)
Angela: Cheshire Cat
Racheal: Maleficent
Abigail: Owlette (PJ Masks)
David: Crush (Finding Nemo) or Tarzan
Melisa: Tigger
Desi: Minnie Mouse
Alyssa: Pocahontas

What are your favorite Disney characters?

Last edited:
Is anyone in the other stateroom celebrating a birthday or anything?

We will be celebrating My (Amber) 40th birthday

It's on the 21st.

Is this your first time par taking in the fish extender game?
Also are the other state rooms planning on doing the exchange for all 3 nights?

It's on the 21st.

Is this your first time par taking in the fish extender game?
Also are the other state rooms planning on doing the exchange for all 3 nights?

6/11 of our group has participated before. Those that have participated exchange one day. The two babies are part of the families that have done it before. The other group of three, I don’t know how many exchanges they are planning to do.

I see there are groups on facebook to, what is the difference between this group and the ones on facebook?
Do you think we will have more cabins going this group?

I see there are groups on facebook to, what is the difference between this group and the ones on facebook?
Do you think we will have more cabins going this group?

The groups on Facebook are completely separate from this group. DISboards rules say you are not allowed to link to social media on DISboards. Just the four staterooms (including yours) are included in this group. I am definitely hoping to have more rooms here. Thanks for your question and don’t feel bad about asking anything else.

If you would like to paticipate in the fish extender program for Disney Dream cruise November 23 sailing, please respond to this thread with your stateroom number (if already known -- otherwise update before sailing); last name; first name of all guests in the party; AM (Adult male), AF (adult female), CM (child male), or CF (child female) for all in party; the ages of all kids; and if a birthday or other special occasion is happening during the cruise and on what day.

I will deliver hard copies of your group of 10 staterooms once onboard. This list will close 75 days (the day 1st time cruisers can check in) prior to sailing. If there is a group that has less then 10 staterooms at that time, I will allow for that group to fill up but that will be all.
Room 6558
If you would like to paticipate in the fish extender program for Disney Dream cruise November 23 sailing, please respond to this thread with your stateroom number (if already known -- otherwise update before sailing); last name; first name of all guests in the party; AM (Adult male), AF (adult female), CM (child male), or CF (child female) for all in party; the ages of all kids; and if a birthday or other special occasion is happening during the cruise and on what day.

I will deliver hard copies of your group of 10 staterooms once onboard. This list will close 75 days (the day 1st time cruisers can check in) prior to sailing. If there is a group that has less then 10 staterooms at that time, I will allow for that group to fill up but that will be all.

Thanks for the info. I got you on the list.

One cabin would like to know favorite character(s) to help personalize the gifts.

Thanks for the info. I got you on the list.

One cabin would like to know favorite character(s) to help personalize the gifts.

Gail aka Grandma : Elsa & Olaf from Frozen. Jill aka Mommy: Ariel. Lucy: any Disney princess!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter