Disney Dream or Disney Fantasy???

Which ship is better?

• Dream

• Fantasy

Results are only viewable after voting.

DISNEYaddict4evr

Now some person I don't even know reminds me there
Alright peeps I thought now that the Fantasy has been out on the water for a month we should have showdown and you are all going to help decided...

WHICH SHIP IS BETTER and WHY??

I am booked to set sail on the Disney Fantasy Mar. 16, 2013 cruise with my mom and want to know "Did I pick the best ship?" :goodvibes

I chose the Fantasy simply because it does the longer cruises. The longer the better! We tried a b2b on the Dream and even though we were on the ship for 7 nts, it just didn't feel like a 7 nt cruise does. Hard to explain in words.

IMHO Fantasy is better.

Why?
* Newer
* Artist Pallete is much better. Lame on Dream I hope they update it.
* BBB Boutique

My vote is also for the Fantasy, because of the longer itineraries. And, hoping the changes they made from the Dream are for the better!

We don't waste time or money on cruises less than 7 days so that makes the Fantasy better IMO than the Dream. We did a 3-night cruise and that was the worst ever because there was no down time to actually enjoy the cruise.

as above ... the Fantasy may be a little prettier decor wise and I like the Europa concept vs what is on Dream

BUT, the biggest reason is the length of cruise / itinerary.

Especially after one has done it, who wants to do 3-4 nights quickies with a stop at Nassau .... ugh

Thanks for the input... with the itinerary out of the picture do you guys still feel the Fantasy is the best ship? I am thinking the muppet detective show really sells the whole ship for me :goodvibes

The Fantasy has more pool amenities like the AquaLab, Satellite Falls, Wading Pool, different shows in Animators, a bigger Skyline bar.

But Itinerary out of the way, there is more time to enjoy the facilities and amenities!
More time to relax and enjoy them at your pace!

Ex Techie :)

I sailed on the Dream in Feb. 2011, and it's a beautiful ship. However, it was only 4 nights and it went to the Bahamas. I am looking forward to sailing on the Fantasy's western itinerary in December - both for the ports and the longer length of the cruise. Another advantage of a Caribbean cruise over a Bahamian cruise is weather. If it's cold in south Florida, it won't be much warmer in the Bahamas. The Caribbean ports are far enough south that cold temps further north are unlikely to be felt.

I have not been on the Dream and only have recently been on the Fantasy. With regards to the "extra" areas, I think most people do not know about them yet as the Aqua Lab was desserted when we played in there...it is really cool and my kids 8/10 loved it!

Keep them a secret and enjoy yourself :)

Fantasy. 7 night cruises plus less crowded than Dream, which often sails at near full capacity.

Fantasy

Not only for the longer itineraries which we prefer - but also I liked the decor better than Dream. Dream is missing my new favorite place - Satellite Falls. And I like Europa better than the District. And new Animators Palate show was amazing. Plus we felt the ship was just more relaxed feeling - possibly due to the longer cruises. But it was more laid back and relaxing.

Haven't been on either one yet, but I'd always go with the longer itinerary (except my next cruise is a 3 night, but I have my reasons, mostly having to do with more park time and spending less DVC points at a park I won't get to see again for many years).

So the follow up question is: if the Dream were to sail longer itineraries and the Fantasy shorter ones, would everybody switch?

And if the Dream and Fantasy started both running short itineraries and the classics started sailing longer itineraries would one prefer the classics?

Having just sailed the Fantasy just a little a week ago(and have sailed all 4 ships) they didn't "miss the boat" completely for the adult areas like the Dream.
Also most passengers on our Eastern sailing got the concept that Cabanas has FOOD STATIONS and didn't form a cafateria line.
The staff on the Fantasy were almost like they transported from the Magic as we did see a lot of familiar crew.
The decor is so much better as Disney didn't overdose on the black marble use(which I know is heavely used in art deco but toooo much on the Dream).
The Fantasy's light and airy decor lent itself more to the classic ships and was a better tie in to the fleet than Dream.
We had Captain Marco for th 1st time since he joined DCL.
----also ship was not full and are still in training mode but pools were as Crazy full on sea days as Dream--too many kids in pools and hot tubs everyone crowds deck 11.
Seemed like kids knew to stay out of adult areas and were inforced by crew.

Scott

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter