Disney Dream Reward Dollars

DDluvstitch

Earning My Ears
I just received my first installment of Reward Dollars earned from the new Disney Visa card. I must say, the service for redeeming and then receiving them was VERY quick and simple. I cashed out now for my July cruise thinking it would take quite a while to receive them and wanted to ensure they came in time for my cruise. I called Bank One early in May and was told they would be shipped on the 8th of May, and if I hadn't received them by the 22nd of May to contact them. Well, I received them today! Very prompt service! Not at all on the order of 6-8 weeks as I originally heard. The Dollars themselves are quite bright and big, not sure how to fit them in my wallet...... :)

Thanks for the info. I'm saving mine for the cruise in Oct. By then, I should have enough to make it worth while. I still have to pay off the cruise ($4,000) plus the beach vacation ($3,000) plus a zillion dollars that I normally charge every month. I think it will add up.

Great!

ReadyforDisney2003 - It really does add up fast! This is the only credit card I use (ok, except for internet purchases) and I was amazed at how much I accrued. Of course, the cruise and airfare alone brought the total up immensely. That coupled with a new digital camcorder and before I knew it, I had $83 disney dream reward dollars. Since they dole them out in multiples of 10, they sent me $80. I expect to be able to redeem more prior to our July cruise.

How exciting! :D
We have been charging everything on our Disney Visa to rack up those dollars. An added bonus is the reaction of people when we use that card. They just love how it looks!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castwayclub.com

I too have about 83 Disney dollars to redeem. Purposely used the card last month to pay off my July cruise in order to get the $$ in time for the cruise. Maybe I should call soon to initiate the $$. Anyone know how it works for the redemption on the ship. Is it like an onboard credit or do we just who the certificates to guest services to apply toward our bill?

On the back of each certificate there is a statement saying that they must be signed and surrendered at the time of redemption.
Also a warning not to lose them since they are like cash and cannot be replaced if lost, damaged, or stolen.
I would assume you can apply them towards your bill at guest services. Sounds like they need to be locked in a safe until that time..... :)

I will be calling soon for mine for our july cruise. We have been using our card for everything and had some unexpected expenses here lately........but the good part is we have almost 90 reward dollars.

When do they send your reward dollars...do you have to request them or do they automatically mail them to you ? Cathie

You have to request them. They show you how many you've accrued on your statement. They also have when they expire - which I think is about 5 years away! I've been charging everything to my card and should have a decent amount by next May when we cruise!

It's also nice to be able to charge your cruise a little at a time - interest free! I've put down my deposit and when I pay that off I'll pay a little more so that by the time the balance has to be paid in March it should be any big deal.

DDluvstitch . . .

When you requested your certificates for DCL, was there a place on the 'Manage Rewards' page for DCL? I remember seeing this in the past, but it is not there now.

Are your certificates for DCL or WDW? The Manage Rewards page on the Bank One/Disney web site shows what the certificates look like and you can request online, but there is not one listed for DCL.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by inkkognito
An added bonus is the reaction of people when we use that card. They just love how it looks!

The only problem we had using it was on the Disney cruise itself. We sat down with the cruise rep to book the next cruise and slid our Disney card across the desk for her to use for our deposit.

She looked at it and said "oh, I'm sorry, that's the only card we don't take." :eek:

A few seconds later she laughed and told us she was joking! We all got a good laugh out of it. :p

Hi ReadyForDisney2003,
I'm not sure about your reference to the "Manage Rewards"
page for DCL because I ordered the reward dollars by phone.
I called the number referenced on my Bank One statement for
redemption. I too was a bit concerned that I received the correct ones since I want to use them for our cruise in July 2003. The customer rep assured me he was sending me the right ones!

I have the Disney Dream Reward Dollars and it states right on
the back of them that they "may be redeemed....at the Walt Disney World Resort and on DISNEY CRUISE LINE ships.

The expiration date on the bottom of each reward dollar is 12/31/04. Not quite as long as I had heard, but clearly long
enough to cover my July cruise.

It is my understanding that the 5 year expiration refers to the rewards accumulated but unredeemed (for certificates to actually spend). I am surprised that the certificates are actually good for more than a year. My AAA VISA card has a similar program (I accumulated $200 for my cruise - of course, now that I have the card with the sparkles and ears, AAA is in the drawer) and the date restrictions were much more limited.

Ok, I'm just charging on my VISA up a storm and have put my AMEX in the drawer. I'm sure I'll have plenty before I need to redeem for my Oct cruise.

thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter