Disney Dream Room 8008 Deluxe Oceanview

kkmauch

Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with fact
Hi all! Just hoping someone has pics of the room we will have for our cruise in November. Really trying to get a feel for what it will look and feel like. We haven't promised the girls there will be a drop down bed from the ceiling, but they would LOVE that and it would give us so much more room. Any info and pics would be greatly appreciated!

That should be a great room, since it's one of the 6 Cat 9A rooms with the same large portholes as the Cat 8 rooms.

we just got off of the MV of the Dream and had room 8008. It is wonderful!! large porthole with a cushion, so my girls sat in it. There is a drop down bed (so it sleeps 4) and on the ceiling of the top bunk is a night time sky with stars and outlines of wendy, john, michael, tink and peter pan.

I took a few pics that i will try to post for you.

I am new to posting pictures, so hope this works.

Here are the pictures I took of room 8008 on the Dream

IMG_6431.jpg

IMG_6432.jpg

IMG_6433.jpg

IMG_6528.jpg

the last one is the ceiling when the bed is pulled down at night.

Thanks so much for the great pics! Can't wait to use that windowseat :goodvibes

Hope you don't mind a few more questions:

I chose this room in part b/c it seemed it would be quieter with no connecting doors and its location. Did you find it to be quiet? (Though I know a loud neighbor can change all that, just wondering if there were unexpected mechanical noises, etc).

Is there a laundry room on that floor or nearby?

Where was your muster station?

I know the MV was very calm, but did you notice motion? I noticed the direction of the bed and laughed thinking about watching our feet bob up over our heads ;)

Thanks again for posting your thoughts and pics!

Hope you don't mind a few more questions:

I chose this room in part b/c it seemed it would be quieter with no connecting doors and its location. Did you find it to be quiet? (Though I know a loud neighbor can change all that, just wondering if there were unexpected mechanical noises, etc).

Is there a laundry room on that floor or nearby?

Where was your muster station?

I know the MV was very calm, but did you notice motion? I noticed the direction of the bed and laughed thinking about watching our feet bob up over our heads ;)

Thanks again for posting your thoughts and pics!

No, I don't mind more questions.

I found the room to be VERY quiet. We didn't hear neighbors, hall traffic or engines (previously on the Wonder we were lower and near the back and could hear the engines, which really bothered us)

Sorry, can't help you about laundry question - never looked for a laundry room.

MS was in the balancy of the Walt Disney Theater. Section A. It will be listed on your KTTW card

I did notice some motion while on the ship ( I am very prone to motion sickness) but none while in bed. The beds slept very well. They were comfortable and the linens were nice as well. Both my husband and I frequently don't sleep well in hotel beds and both of us commented on how well we slept on the cruise. (even the motion I did notice would not come close to enough to have your feet bob over head!) ;)

No, I don't mind more questions.

I found the room to be VERY quiet. We didn't hear neighbors, hall traffic or engines (previously on the Wonder we were lower and near the back and could hear the engines, which really bothered us)

Sorry, can't help you about laundry question - never looked for a laundry room.

MS was in the balancy of the Walt Disney Theater. Section A. It will be listed on your KTTW card

I did notice some motion while on the ship ( I am very prone to motion sickness) but none while in bed. The beds slept very well. They were comfortable and the linens were nice as well. Both my husband and I frequently don't sleep well in hotel beds and both of us commented on how well we slept on the cruise. (even the motion I did notice would not come close to enough to have your feet bob over head!) ;)

Oh I am so happy I picked this room :yay: Thank you again for all you help!

We will be in 8012 which is set as an 8C room--is 8008 the same kind of room--would ours look pretty much like this or is it something very different? This is VERY confusing!!! Thank you!

Thank you Marshmellow86! I've been waiting for pictures of one of these rooms to confirm the larger window. My parents are booked in 7506 on a Fantasy sailing next year.

I am new to posting pictures, so hope this works.

Here are the pictures I took of room 8008 on the Dream

IMG_6431.jpg

IMG_6432.jpg

IMG_6433.jpg

IMG_6528.jpg

the last one is the ceiling when the bed is pulled down at night.

Love it! I see there is no steamer trunk - did you have other drawers for your clothes? Was there enough storage?

Love it! I see there is no steamer trunk - did you have other drawers for your clothes? Was there enough storage?

No steamer trunk.
We had plenty of storage. There was plenty of hanging space in the closet and a few shelves in there. There was the 4 drawers next to the closet. The desk had 3-4 drawers on each side and a small desk drawer. There is a trunk that opens for storage ( and used as a coffe table) that has a lot of room. We put all of our suitcases and shoes under the bed. We didn't have an issue with space. Hope that helps.

We are booked for a 6 Cat, 9A room in 2012 - I did not realize it may have a window seat. The last time we went, we squished the 2 little boys together in the porthole for a nice picture - there was even room for the favorite teddy bear too! Can't wait.

We will be in 8012 which is set as an 8C room--is 8008 the same kind of room--would ours look pretty much like this or is it something very different? This is VERY confusing!!! Thank you!

The 9C is a bit larger... I know I saw a pic of one not too long ago. Has the round tub, etc. We will be in 8010 for the Fantasy MV... Cant wait!! :)

No steamer trunk.
We had plenty of storage. There was plenty of hanging space in the closet and a few shelves in there. There was the 4 drawers next to the closet. The desk had 3-4 drawers on each side and a small desk drawer. There is a trunk that opens for storage ( and used as a coffe table) that has a lot of room. We put all of our suitcases and shoes under the bed. We didn't have an issue with space. Hope that helps.

Thank you! Sounds like an improvement in storage space:thumbsup2

We are booked for a 6 Cat, 9A room in 2012 - I did not realize it may have a window seat. The last time we went, we squished the 2 little boys together in the porthole for a nice picture - there was even room for the favorite teddy bear too! Can't wait.

I'm not sure what a 6 Cat, 9A room is, unless you mean a 9A room on Deck 6. Only 6008 or 6506 would have the large porthole with the window seat, since they have the same porthole as the Cat 8 room next door. If it's a forward facing 9A room, you'd have a smaller and slanted porthole with no seating even possible.

The 9C is a bit larger... I know I saw a pic of one not too long ago. Has the round tub, etc. We will be in 8010 for the Fantasy MV... Cant wait!! :)

I assume you mean the 8C rooms. The Cat 8 rooms generally have the round tubs. I noticed that while the side facing 9A rooms like 8008 pictured have the same extra large porthole of the Cat 8 rooms, the rest of the room is different from the Cat 8 given no round shower, and no murphy bed. So definitely a Cat 9 room, with the added bonus of a larger porthole.

Does anyone know if the ceiling with the stars is in all cabins?

That is a nice touch!

Take care
Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter