• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream - Very Merry Questions

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Hey everyone I’m on the fence about our cruise last year I have a few questions:

Disney Dream 5 nights

Disney Fantasy 7 nights

- Is there a Christmas Night like the other themed cruises or is Christmas throughout the whole crusie with characters? Usually the characters on Halloween wear their outfits one day is this the same for Christmas.

- I have never been on the dream but I’ve been on the fantasy the dream is a 5 day but the fantasy is a 7 day.

- Would you go on the 5 day or 7 day? Also how many days are the characters in Christmas attire?

I’m assuming their still in the pirate, sailor, and formalwear

Never been on a Christmas cruise (although I want to). Length depends on each person but on my last 7 night cruise, I was dying to get off on the last night. I was cruised out so I think 5 nights would be perfect, plus it's usually a little more in line with my budget.

For many people, 7 night cruises are too short so there's no right or wrong answer!

Never been on a Christmas cruise (although I want to). Length depends on each person but on my last 7 night cruise, I was dying to get off on the last night. I was cruised out so I think 5 nights would be perfect, plus it's usually a little more in line with my budget.

For many people, 7 night cruises are too short so there's no right or wrong answer!
The length of cruise that each person is comfortable with varies by the number of people onboard any given cruise.

For us, a 7 night cruise is usually the shortest we'll even look at (unless there are pressing reasons to take a shorter one). Our first (ever) cruise was 15 nights and we loved it.

We did do a 4 night Dream cruise (just so I could complete the Grand Slam), but we backed it up with B2B Western/Eastern Fantasy cruises, turning the whole trip into a 20 night trip.

Wow you were cruise out! Oh no what cruise were you on that you felt like thay
Norwegian. But even land vacations, by day 7 I'm usually ready to go home. Everyone is different!

And that's not to say I'll never do a 7+ night cruise ever again - my dream cruise is still the Panama Canal! But generally, I prefer the mid-range cruises.

I love both honestly.

5 nights for us is perfect in the Bahamas/Caribbean. You feel like you had a nice vacation that wasn't too long and was still enjoyable. We did a 7 night on the fantasy which was at full capacity and miserable. It was 4 different ports but basically the same thing in each destination. Like you I was more than ready to get off the ship on the final morning.

Now, we did a 7 night Norwegian Fjord this year and that felt too short so really it depends on the location for us.

Hey everyone I’m on the fence about our cruise last year I have a few questions:

Disney Dream 5 nights

Disney Fantasy 7 nights

- Is there a Christmas Night like the other themed cruises or is Christmas throughout the whole crusie with characters? Usually the characters on Halloween wear their outfits one day is this the same for Christmas.

- I have never been on the dream but I’ve been on the fantasy the dream is a 5 day but the fantasy is a 7 day.

- Would you go on the 5 day or 7 day? Also how many days are the characters in Christmas attire?

We went on a 3 night Very Merry (Holiday Themed) Cruise on the Dream last year. If you like, you can check out the pics I took on the ship, and at Castaway Cay. They should give you an idea of what it was like , and hopefully answer some of your questions. We really enjoyed it, and will be going on the Fantasy for a much longer , VM Cruise next weekend .

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10165805580110613&type=3

One thing I forgot to mentioned in my previous reply… They had formal night one night where everyone dressed up, and I mean dressed UP for dinner, and to take pics in front of the Xmas tree, and the main staircase. Another night every other party wore matching Xmas outfits, and or holiday themed pijamas 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
One thing I forgot to mentioned in my previous reply… They had formal night one night where everyone dressed up, and I mean dressed UP for dinner, and to take pics in fronof the Xmas tree, and the main staircase. Another night every other party wore matching Xmas outfits, and or holiday themed pijamas 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 night? Usually there is no formal night on a five.

Disney Dream 5 nights

Disney Fantasy 7 nights

I forgot to include, In 2018 and 2019 and then Last year in 2021 we did Merrytime Cruises on Magic. Two San Juan to Miami, one Miami roundtrip. All 5 night cruises.

On all of the cruises, the holiday entertainment was really spread out throughout the cruise. They did have a stage show of sorts in the atrium in 2018 and 2019 on a specific day but they had multiple meet santa opportunities throughout the cruise, carolers, etc. They did do "make your own Gingerbread man" class on both of those although it used to be a gingerbread house. Not sure if that will make its way back.

I don't remember any sort of formal night on any of our 5 night cruises. Only on 7 night ones.

I personally would never tell anyone to book a Merrytime Cruise just because its Christmas Themed. I've never really thought it was worth that for the Christmas activities offered. We traveled at that time usually because the pricing was good. They have been running some good 35% off specials on the Dream from Miami so if the pricing is right, you cant go wrong with either cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter