DISNEY DREAMING! A Nov/Dec 2010 PTR *12/9 ~ Hello Again!

Yeah, all I can do is text status updates and reply to anyone who sends me a message to my inbox. :headache:

well when you are home and I am in WDW you will get to see my updates, maybe that will help the Disney blues, although you shouldn't have them too bad with another trip around the corner

:cheer2:You're so close!!! You are leaving on my DH's birthday and he wants to know if he can come along!?! We love Tarzan here too. We walk around quoting Jane also. "Oh look. Bananas!" (Must be said with her awesome British accent.):laughing: I was concerned about your Thursday plans when I remembered that you don't have Thanksgiving that day like we do.:idea: Silly me! If I don't get a chance to say so later, HAVE A FABULOUS TIME!!!!:dance3::dance3: Looking forward to hearing all about the trip when you get back!popcorn::

Kelly

Yay for booking at Whispering Canyon Cafe! We actually ate there on our Dec. trip a couple years ago so we got to see the Christmas decorations. All I can say is amazing. Probably some of the best on property. God I'm jealous. :guilty:

well when you are home and I am in WDW you will get to see my updates, maybe that will help the Disney blues, although you shouldn't have them too bad with another trip around the corner

I'd love to see your updates :goodvibes It's funny, George is all concerned I won't be able to know the football spreads to get my picks in while we're gone. (I'm third overall!) I can see the wheels turning in his head to find somewhere with internet. Now if I just had that on my phone honey..... :rolleyes1

:cheer2:You're so close!!! You are leaving on my DH's birthday and he wants to know if he can come along!?!

:rotfl:

We love Tarzan here too. We walk around quoting Jane also. "Oh look. Bananas!" (Must be said with her awesome British accent.):laughing: I was concerned about your Thursday plans when I remembered that you don't have Thanksgiving that day like we do.:idea: Silly me! If I don't get a chance to say so later, HAVE A FABULOUS TIME!!!!:dance3::dance3: Looking forward to hearing all about the trip when you get back!popcorn::

Kelly

Ha! As I was reading Jane's quote, I said it with her accent :rotfl: ! I love her laugh too. Young Tantor's quote too, "Are you sure this water's sanitary? It looks questionable ta me!" is a favorite!

Yup! We've already had our Thanksgiving - whew! We got a nice surprise yesterday too when George was sent home and given the rest of this week off -- parts shortage! He gets paid to stay home! :banana: He has a ton of things he wanted to get done before we leave too. Plus he gets to participate in our movie night tonite, take Alex to hockey and see him play while the rest of us go to Tangled! Woot!

Yay for booking at Whispering Canyon Cafe! We actually ate there on our Dec. trip a couple years ago so we got to see the Christmas decorations. All I can say is amazing. Probably some of the best on property. God I'm jealous. :guilty:

Wow! I'm happy to hear how great they are! I've been avoiding pictures and youtube movies and stuff like that so I can be ooooh-ed and ahhhh-ed with the real thing. Yay!

Won't be too long before you'll be doing a Christmas trip yourself. :hug:

untitled.jpg

Tell me this isn't Orlando weather??? Is this the weather for home while you are gone?? :confused3 A little cold, no?

:idea: Or might this be celcius??

Tell me this isn't Orlando weather??? Is this the weather for home while you are gone?? :confused3 A little cold, no?

Oh yes, this is Orlando weather in Celcius. :thumbsup2 Rain is back in the forecast as of this morning though. :sad:

I looked at that to oat first and thought WHAT? :scared1: then I realized, yeah it's Celsius. LOL! Still have no clue what it means though. :rolleyes1

Well, I like your forecast better. The one I looked up is showing rain for the first two days of our trip (which is all I can see so far)...:sad2:

Well, I like your forecast better. The one I looked up is showing rain for the first two days of our trip (which is all I can see so far)...:sad2:

Well, it's changed again as the weather tends to do. :laughing: December 1st and 2nd keeps flip flopping between showers and sunny. Give me cooler temps over rain any day!

Accuweather extended forecast is so annoying me!!! It is so up in the air!!! I swear it is flip flopping by the minute!!! The weather can not be doing this to me... I NEED TO PACK!!! :rotfl: But seriously, I have a friend who lives in Orlando and he keeps saying the weather is suppose to be great the week we are there! I hope he is telling the truth! :goodvibes

Accuweather extended forecast is so annoying me!!! It is so up in the air!!! I swear it is flip flopping by the minute!!! The weather can not be doing this to me... I NEED TO PACK!!! :rotfl: But seriously, I have a friend who lives in Orlando and he keeps saying the weather is suppose to be great the week we are there! I hope he is telling the truth! :goodvibes

Ooo, I'll go with your friend's forecast! I've started packing and pretty much am bringing a little bit of everything. It's the most stuff I've ever brought. :rolleyes:

Just thought I would add my 2 cents about the weather here...lol

For the past 2 weeks or so, it has been between 75-80 during the warmest part of the afternoon, and in the early morning and evening, between 60-65. It's about as nice of weather as you can get in Florida (although I would love the high to be around 70)! Our local forecast (I'm about an hour and a half southwest of WDW) is pretty much the same. As much as I hate to say it, you will probably have to wait until a day or 2 before you leave to REALLY know what the weather will do! I know it sucks.... My packing for now is t-shirts and jeans. As we get closer, I will either add shorts or sweatshirts (or both :confused3) depending on the forecast. I have also found that weather.com is much more accurate than the accuweather forecast. Sorry to not really have a better answer (all this typing and no real answer..... :confused3), but that is weather in this crummy state!!!

I'm so jealous how quickly your trip is coming up!!! We still have 12 days of torturous waiting here!

Hi Tracy!:goodvibes

Wow!! Can't believe you only have 4 days left!!!:eek: That is soooo exciting!! I can't wait to see you all your Christmas pics when you get back....especially of the castle.:cloud9: Not that I'm rushing you or anything.....:rolleyes1 I hope you have a fabulous trip!!:thumbsup2

Love the picture itinerary and Yay on the passport!!:yay: Great news!!

I can't wait to hear all about your breakfast at WCC! Love the planned flexibility!!!!:laughing:

Great pictures of the kids taking down the countdown chain!!:thumbsup2 It looks like you have a busy but fun week ahead.....just think next week at this time you will be at Disney!!!!:yay::dance3::yay:

Just thought I would add my 2 cents about the weather here...lol

For the past 2 weeks or so, it has been between 75-80 during the warmest part of the afternoon, and in the early morning and evening, between 60-65. It's about as nice of weather as you can get in Florida (although I would love the high to be around 70)! Our local forecast (I'm about an hour and a half southwest of WDW) is pretty much the same. As much as I hate to say it, you will probably have to wait until a day or 2 before you leave to REALLY know what the weather will do! I know it sucks.... My packing for now is t-shirts and jeans. As we get closer, I will either add shorts or sweatshirts (or both :confused3) depending on the forecast. I have also found that weather.com is much more accurate than the accuweather forecast. Sorry to not really have a better answer (all this typing and no real answer..... :confused3), but that is weather in this crummy state!!!

I'm so jealous how quickly your trip is coming up!!! We still have 12 days of torturous waiting here!

Oh THANK YOU! That really is a help, it's reassuring to me to hear it's so nice. :goodvibes It won't be long at all until we meet on the 6th! :cool1:

Hi Tracy!:goodvibes

Wow!! Can't believe you only have 4 days left!!!:eek: That is soooo exciting!! I can't wait to see you all your Christmas pics when you get back....especially of the castle.:cloud9: Not that I'm rushing you or anything.....:rolleyes1 I hope you have a fabulous trip!!:thumbsup2

Love the picture itinerary and Yay on the passport!!:yay: Great news!!

I can't wait to hear all about your breakfast at WCC! Love the planned flexibility!!!!:laughing:

Great pictures of the kids taking down the countdown chain!!:thumbsup2 It looks like you have a busy but fun week ahead.....just think next week at this time you will be at Disney!!!!:yay::dance3::yay:

Hey Angie!! Can you believe we're leaving within days and hours??? One of the Spectrum Moms, Julie (mouse scrapper) is down there now with her family and she sent a sneak peak pic of the Castle all lit up. I about cried!!!

It'll be interesting to see what we opt to do on that last day. I know what Ariana's vote will be no matter what! :laughing:

Nice updates! I love the Tarzan soundtrack too!! I looked at the weather and thought that's either the weather in Canada or in cel. I guess it was in cel. lol. When we went last Dec, they had a heat wave. It was 60 our first day and the mid 80s the rest of the time which is not common for mid Dec. I'm hoping for 80s or high 70s when we go in 2 weeks..60 is not cool in my book!

Nice updates! I love the Tarzan soundtrack too!! I looked at the weather and thought that's either the weather in Canada or in cel. I guess it was in cel. lol. When we went last Dec, they had a heat wave. It was 60 our first day and the mid 80s the rest of the time which is not common for mid Dec. I'm hoping for 80s or high 70s when we go in 2 weeks..60 is not cool in my book!

I'm OK with 60's, I expect the evenings will be cooler which I actually don't mind. I'm used to the sweltering heat so the change will be nice. During the day with mid to high 70's would be great! :thumbsup2

Hello again! :wave:

Here's my to-do list again.....

Monday
- colour my hair DONE
- trim Ariana's bangs DONE
- laundry folded, put away or packed DONE
- mousekeeping envelopes printed off DONE
- all important documents printed off DONE
- lime green Mickey heads packing taped up DONE

Tuesday
- call to set up US texting DONE
- movie night DONE
- mousekeeping envelopes glued together DONE
- window clings printed off
- Santa letters DONE

Wednesday
- Tangled
- pins gathered together

Thursday
- last minute character listings
- last minute hours listings
- Alex's hockey
- Christmas movie

Friday
- Southwest check in
- Kathryn picked up from train station
- Christmas movie
- last loads of laundry, put away or packed

The window clings didn't get done today but I'll get them tomorrow. Thankfully George is home the rest of this week because of the parts shortage so he can take and watch Alex at hockey tomorrow while Ariana, Demetri and I catch the 7:15pm showing of Tangled!! The only other thing I have to do tomorrow for the trip is gather our pins together. :cool1:

Movie Night

Tonite was Demetri's choice for our last weekly movie night. We have a few more days to watch Christmas themed movies if we can fit them in, but tonite was the last link to take down from our countdown chain.

His pick?

Dumbo-classic-disney-6411703-1024-768.jpg

Now I love Dumbo, and don't get me wrong but, while Ariana and Demetri loved seeing the movie, Alex, George and I were kinda realizing for the first time how trippy this movie can be. Know what I mean? :confused3 It's kinda weird to explain but the Elephants on Parade were extra strange to us tonite. Maybe we were just a little too tired. :laughing:

Anyway, once the movie was done and we all clapped our appreciation, it was officially time to take our very last link down!!

2010_1123Misc0001.jpg

All that's left of that huge chain we started out with are the last three little links with lime green Mickey heads on them. We'll take one down each night on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. :banana:

Next it was time to finish up my LGMH identfiers that I'll attach to my park bag, camera, stroller and I'm not sure which fourth thing when I'm out and about in the parks. Natalie (Tinkermom76) had a great tip to use packing tape in lieu of a laminator and while her's looked great, mine..... not so much! :laughing:

2010_1123Misc0020.jpg

They're ugly, but they work! So if you see these guys - make sure you say hello!!

Then it was time to write Santa letters. I couldn't find Disney Christmas stationary that I liked so I made some. I took a standard Christmas, lined stationary one and put Disney designs on them. The kids had three to choose from - Snow White, Tigger and Mickey & Minnie.

2010_1123Misc0015.jpg

2010_1123Misc0013.jpg

2010_1123Misc0014.jpg

Demetri said what he wanted to write and I wrote it out for him so he could copy it. Ariana did her own :lovestruc and even did a little picture of Flik and Princess Atta.

2010_1123Misc0017.jpg

2010_1123Misc0022.jpg

We'll mail these on our first Magic Kingdom day! :santa:

The last thing to take care of were putting together the mousekeeping envelopes. I kept it simple and simply trimmed down each DISign and taped them to the front of an envelope.

2010_1123Misc0024.jpg

Here are the different ones and a few were duplicated to add up to twenty envelopes for our ten days, two rooms.

2010_1123Misc0026.jpg

So tomorrow I'll have a small update with our take on Tangled and hopefully some window clings to show you. Oh and speaking of window clings, here are the ones I picked up from Dollarama.....

2010_1121Misc0003.jpg

2010_1121Misc0002.jpg

2010_1121Misc0001.jpg

2010_1121Misc0004.jpg

Last thing I want to put up here for today is my spreadsheet that includes DISmeets. Please, please let me know if I've left you off -- I don't want to forget anyone! Mickeysmyboy (Melissa) this means you!! :rotfl:

schedule-4.jpg

Good night everyone!!!

OK I can't believe you are 3 days away :scared1: I'm freaking out and I have 15 days, I can imagine how much you are freaking out

I LOVE your Mickey Heads!!!!!!

OK I can't believe you are 3 days away :scared1: I'm freaking out and I have 15 days, I can imagine how much you are freaking out

I LOVE your Mickey Heads!!!!!!

Work is mostly freaking me out right now.... Disney I CANNOT WAIT to be there. :hyper: Alex keeps reminding me once we're there, there won't be any stress but right now I'm scrambling a bit. He's such a good kid helping out as much as he can for me. :hug:

Awww thanks for the blatant lie about my Mickey heads. :lmao: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter