Disney DS games not working! Please help!

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
My girls each got a Nintendo DS for Christmas. They got Tink and Club Penguin. It says you can download the game so that both could play together at the same time with one card. Well, it keeps saying it is looking for games when we try to download... We have been to two Gamestops, called Nintendo support and neither could help us. They have finally told me to call Disney Interactive, but they aren't open on the weekends. I find it very hard to believe both games or systems would be messed up. Has anyone else had this problem? They were so excited about playing together and now they can't. The wifi is working cause they can chat with each other.

Also, was shocked to see you can't use the wifi to go online to dgamer unless your router is not secured! That was another disappointment. Club Penguin you can upload to your online account, but I guess not now!

Any knowledge out there? Kids are a tad bummed. Thanks!

Unfortunately most of us are using the pc for this sort of thing. I agree with you it sounds ridiculous that there is something wrong with both DS's and both games.

Hopefully someone here will have the answer for you.

As far as the unsecured wifi goes, my nephew ran into the same problem. Nintendo used to have a USB Wifi adapter that you would plug into your computer and then basically use as a bridge to the DS, without having to disable security on your wireless network. We ordered this http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-Wi-Fi-W...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50 for him, which is supposed to do the same thing. It hasn't arrived yet, so we're not absolutely sure it will work. Good luck - hope this helps!

Thanks. I asked both Gamestop and Nintendo support about the Wii LAN adapter and they told me it would not work with the DS??? This looks like basically the same type of item. My brother who works with computers thought it would work, he didn't advise I change my security on my router for the DS, though. Please let me know if this works! Thank you!

To do the single cartridge thing you play the game on one DS, go and choose whatever option uses it and when it starts searching DS's you should have turned on the the other persons DS but instead of going to the game thats in their on the DS START MENU (NOT THE GAMES) beside pictochat is the download play option. That should be chosen by the person who doesn't have the game.

So...

DS1
Has Game
Has Option for using one cartridge chosen
Charge light is blinking green

DS2
Doesn't Have Game
Has DS Download Play chosen (Download Station thing)
Charge Light is blinking green

As for Wi-Fi, DS only accepts WEP security (Using 1dlwejo1 kind of password) it's not compatible with WPA-PSK and such.

The lan adapter is for wired connections, using USB which the DS doesn't have.

Hope that helps. :)

To do the single cartridge thing you play the game on one DS, go and choose whatever option uses it and when it starts searching DS's you should have turned on the the other persons DS but instead of going to the game thats in their on the DS START MENU (NOT THE GAMES) beside pictochat is the download play option. That should be chosen by the person who doesn't have the game.

So...

DS1
Has Game
Has Option for using one cartridge chosen
Charge light is blinking green

DS2
Doesn't Have Game
Has DS Download Play chosen (Download Station thing)
Charge Light is blinking green

As for Wi-Fi, DS only accepts WEP security (Using 1dlwejo1 kind of password) it's not compatible with WPA-PSK and such.

The lan adapter is for wired connections, using USB which the DS doesn't have.

Hope that helps. :)

Thank you. I actually got Cub Penguin to work. You have to go into multiplayer and I was just turning the game on, waiting at the menu option. The Tink game it was under something weird like - Share Your Fortune! OK...
Anyway, once I got to those two spots the other DS was able to pick it up.

As for the wifi, what about what HappyGoLucky ordered? Has anyone had any luck with something like that? Also, someone told me if my router is secured I could still get in if I knew the router's password and entered it into the DS??? Anyone know about that?

Thanks!

Also, someone told me if my router is secured I could still get in if I knew the router's password and entered it into the DS??? Anyone know about that?

Thanks!

Yes, that worked fine for me. So she is able to do DGamer. I just used my password. But also, like Jedi said, needs to be WEP. Just do Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection set-up, search for access point and find your router. Then that is where it will ask you for your router's password.

Good luck.

Got a couple of questions to this...

My oldest daughter has a DS and when she first got it it was like automatic wifi and we don't even have wireless, but she can play online with it all the time.

My 2nd daughter just got a DS for Christmas and when she tries to go online it asks her all this info with WEP pw's etc...

Why would one DS work and not the other when we are all in the same household?

Secondly,

Where do we find our router pw...i don't remember it asking us for one when my hubbie installed it.

We are having this problem with our wii right now. It asks for the WEP pw and we keep getting an error code, arg!

...My oldest daughter has a DS and when she first got it it was like automatic wifi and we don't even have wireless, but she can play online with it all the time...My 2nd daughter just got a DS for Christmas and when she tries to go online it asks her all this info with WEP pw's etc...Why would one DS work and not the other when we are all in the same household?
Does your older daughter's DS still work? If it does maybe the new DS is trying to connect to a different wifi network that you can get from your home (we get 8 different networks from our apartment) and that network has security set up. Otherwise there might be a setting to turn secure wifi off. You might want to check that the network settings in both DS are the same.

If the older DS does not work now (or you no longer have it) it might be that the network owner has finally enabled security.
...Where do we find our router pw...i don't remember it asking us for one when my hubbie installed it...We are having this problem with our wii right now. It asks for the WEP pw and we keep getting an error code, arg!
If this is a wired router it should not have WEP (a wireless standard) and you will have to tell the Wii you are connecting via a wired network. It sounds like your Wii is trying to use the same wireless network as the DS.

Note: I am answering this using basic network knowledge and have no experience with Wii or DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter