• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Electronic hand-held game still active?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwerner2

Mouseketeer
We have a Disney handheld game (I think it might be called "Magical Moments" ) that we got several years ago. Different games activated as you went by certain rides.

It is still useful as I'm pretty sure you can always play the games once they were downloaded, but we want to know if these games are still interactive with the rides?

We have a Disney handheld game (I think it might be called "Magical Moments" ) that we got several years ago. Different games activated as you went by certain rides.

At Walt Disney World in Florida?

I could be wrong, but I don't think that the Magical Moments game or pins work in the parks anymore.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that the Magical Moments game or pins work in the parks anymore.

We didn't bring DS's game with us, but our "magical" pins still worked as of December! I love those pins so much... $15 never made me so ridiculously happy. :goodvibes

I think I have a set of those pins too. I'll have to dig them out if they still work!

We had both of the games - there was a trivia version (I actuallys still have one in the package) and the Magical Moments one which was more like a little black and white video game. Similar to Pal Mickey, as you walked through the parks, they had more questions or games activated. So while you were in the MK, you'd get MK questions. Once you'd unlocked them all, you could play all of them at any time. Also, there were instructions for how to reset and activate all of them from home in case you had to change the battery or couldn't make it to a park. Our Magical Moments one had several pixels "die" so there's a section of the screen that's all black, but we still have it.

To answer the OP's question, I know they both worked on our 2007 trip, but the trivia hadn't been updated in years. I don't know about now. You can however, as I said, activate them all at home and just use it as a small handheld game to play.

Magical moments game:

MagicalMoments.jpg

One of the handheld trivia games - this was the newer version, but I don't think it was park activated. I can't find a pic of the one I was talking about. If I get motivated, I'll take a picture of it later! I did have one of these as well.

Disneytrivia.jpg

I wish I had found this thread before I posted my question, but does anyone know if you can still buy the Magical Moments game in the parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter