Disney Enchanted Tales

Gunther caught me by surprise. His last quest was only 10 minutes long. If I knew that I would have made sure to have as many characters ready to start collecting footstool items as possible. Now I'm stuck waiting on a few of them that are on longer tasks looking for Christmas decorations for the Beast's castle.

The new building for completing the Gunther story book is the Castle Dog House (Beauty & the Beast). It then has you start to welcome the footstool and opens up two new quest books one for Shorty and one for Oaken. The Dog House pays out 13 pine cones every 30 minutes and helps with the mittens for footstool.

The items needed to welcome the footstool include:

35 snowflakes (high chance of finding from several sources)
23 mittens (good chance of finding from several sources)
16 boots (fair chance item but lots of sources)
7 pillows (low chance item) - Featherduster: Make the Beds, LeFou: recruit at the Lodge, Elsa: Adorn the Palace, Shorty: take a nap, and the Furniture store

Footstool only has one quest book to be completed. I can tell because at the end of the book there is a picture of some kind of present. It'll be interesting to find out what is in the present. A bunch of diamonds would be nice.

Some good news is that once welcomed, the footstool can help find the Pomanders which are a hard to find item that seem to be needed on most of the decorate building for Christmas tasks. For the Beast's castle you need 15 of them and right now they only come from Gunther and Gerda. After 2 days I've only gotten 5 of the 15 Pomanders.

Just a side note. Even though in the new Oaken quest book the first task says help Oaken decorate for Christmas it's Kai that performs the task not Oaken. Little error on their part I guess.

Last edited:

That one is not on my list to buy.

Did you start with the Beauty & the Beast story last?

Beauty & the Beast was my second story after Frozen. But it doesn't seem like I got the Castle at the very end to where it wouldn't be available for somebody that started with Beauty & the Beast last.

Did you start with the Beauty & the Beast story last?

Beauty & the Beast was my second story after Frozen. But it doesn't seem like I got the Castle at the very end where it wouldn't be available for somebody that started with Beauty & the Beast last.
Yes, Beast is my third story unlock.
I am level 19 right now.
At Beast Bakery, Opera House, Garden Keep, and Art Gallery are all above level 25.

Yes, Beast is my third story unlock.
I am level 19 right now.
At Beast Bakery, Opera House, Garden Keep, and Art Gallery are all above level 25.

Guess that makes sense. Tangled was my last story and there are a lot of things for the Tangled story I don't have yet.

I'd recommend just sticking to the main event story line and trying to add the three new characters (Gerda, Gunther, and footstool) and not doing the Christmas Tree quests anyways. They just distract too much time and resources away from completing the main story line and with as expensive as all the pine cone items are you risk not being able to finish getting the 3 new characters if you go off and start working on one of the Christmas tree quest books.

Guess that makes sense. Tangled was my last story and there are a lot of things for the Tangled story I don't have yet.

I'd recommend just sticking to the main event story line and trying to add the three new characters (Gerda, Gunther, and footstool) and not doing the Christmas Tree quests anyways. They just distract too much time and resources away from completing the main story line and with as expensive as all the pine cone items are you risk not being able to finish getting the 3 new characters if you go off and start working on one of the Christmas tree quest books.

I got my 3rd winter market stall. About to hit 5k pinecones.
Tomorrow i should reach the 22k pinecones i need to buy the 2 julebukk's to finish gerta's quest and unlock gunther's quest line.
While i work to unlock him i plan to purchase a tree or two, their 9k each.
Then the two nutcrackers to finish him.
While i unlock footstool i will get the remaining trees.

Last edited:
I got my 3rd winter market stall. About to hit 5k pinecones.
Tomorrow i should reach the 22k pinecones i need to buy the 2 julebukk's to finish gerta's quest and unlock gunther's quest line.
While i work to unlock him i plan to purchase a tree or two, their 9k each.
Then the two nutcrackers to finish him.
While i unlock footstool i will get the remaining trees.

sounds like a good plan. With 13+ days left you are in good shape.

So to be clear, at this point, I'm working on my 2nd urn which I still need 12000 pc for. Then to get Gerda, Gunter, AND Footstool I will have to purchase:
2 Yulebukk @ 30,197 pc or 60394 pc total
2 Nutcracker Soldiers @ 33,293 pc or 66586pc total
totalling 126980 pc
So I basically have to average 11000 pc a day just to get the 3 new characters, not counting all the time I will be grabbing items and can't collect pine cones!?!

And that's not counting the 2 Winter Festival Trees I still need for side stories @ 27,389 pc each!

Have there been any quests for the yule log or winter pond yet? Trying to figure in the below costs of those items if needed.
Yule Logs are 36,706 pine cones each
Winter Pond is 40,470 pine cones

Also, can anyone confirm that the winter decoration basket does in fact give more pc than you spend? I haven't gotten one yet, but supposedly I pay 299 for 3 hours and net 327, so make a profit of 28 pc every 3 hours, but I haven't actually attempted it yet.

Also, can anyone confirm that the winter decoration basket does in fact give more pc than you spend? I haven't gotten one yet, but supposedly I pay 299 for 3 hours and net 327, so make a profit of 28 pc every 3 hours, but I haven't actually attempted it yet.

Yes it does give that profit, and it also drops Wreaths and a few other items when you are unlocking building xmas decorations. It's worth it

So to be clear, at this point, I'm working on my 2nd urn which I still need 12000 pc for. Then to get Gerda, Gunter, AND Footstool I will have to purchase:
2 Yulebukk @ 30,197 pc or 60394 pc total
2 Nutcracker Soldiers @ 33,293 pc or 66586pc total
totalling 126980 pc
So I basically have to average 11000 pc a day just to get the 3 new characters, not counting all the time I will be grabbing items and can't collect pine cones!?!

And that's not counting the 2 Winter Festival Trees I still need for side stories @ 27,389 pc each!

Have there been any quests for the yule log or winter pond yet? Trying to figure in the below costs of those items if needed.
Yule Logs are 36,706 pine cones each
Winter Pond is 40,470 pine cones

My progress is almost same as you. Working on my second winter urn... should can get it by end of today...

Don't think I can complete the winter event with all the characters.. :(

I have just one Winter Market Stall and I'm on the way to unlock Gerda. Do I need 2nd and 3rd Market Stall as a part of Gerda or Gunther's quest book? Otherwise I don't want to buy them because they won't pay off in such short time. I bought Festival Pyramid and realized I should spend those diamonds on ice skates for Gerda then on pyramid. Characters produce way more pine cones so it's smarter to spend the diamonds on them

Honestly, if it weren't for the ridiculously expensive prices for the pine cone items and them wanting so many hard to find pieces for some of these collections this really would be a great Event. I love that we got 4 new characters, a bunch of new buildings, and the actual decorations and decorated buildings look really cool.

Since I know I won't be completing the footstool until tomorrow night at the earliest I decided to go ahead and get the 2nd Christmas tree (this time for the frozen story) and to go ahead and start on that path too. I'm sure I can save up enough pine cones by tomorrow night to get 1 of the Yule Logs (I'm assuming the game will ask us to place at least 1). With 13 days left I'm in good shape on footstool. If I'm going to have any chance to finish all 3 side Christmas tree quests I have to get moving on the 2nd one.

I have just one Winter Market Stall and I'm on the way to unlock Gerda. Do I need 2nd and 3rd Market Stall as a part of Gerda or Gunther's quest book? Otherwise I don't want to buy them because they won't pay off in such short time. I bought Festival Pyramid and realized I should spend those diamonds on ice skates for Gerda then on pyramid. Characters produce way more pine cones so it's smarter to spend the diamonds on them

No you won't need the 2nd or 3rd Market Stalls, but they do help a lot with accumulating pine cones. The first thing I bought was the 3 market stalls before I started on the street lamps just to maximize their value during the event. Now being this far into the event I think it would be best just to skip the 2nd and 3rd market stalls and keep pushing through the required quest items.

I am so glad I found this thread! I have been addicted to this game since it was released and have been playing non-stop. I am incredibly disappointed though, that there are pieces of land that can be purchased with levels of 30+, yet I am no longer leveling up because I am maxed out at 25? Pretty sad as I could be earning stars to level up and it is all going to waste. I gave up on trying to complete the Christmas event because everything needs a ridiculous amount of pine cones in order to unlock. I really wanted Gunther though :(
How is everyone else enjoying the game?

I am so glad I found this thread! I have been addicted to this game since it was released and have been playing non-stop. I am incredibly disappointed though, that there are pieces of land that can be purchased with levels of 30+, yet I am no longer leveling up because I am maxed out at 25? Pretty sad as I could be earning stars to level up and it is all going to waste. I gave up on trying to complete the Christmas event because everything needs a ridiculous amount of pine cones in order to unlock. I really wanted Gunther though :(
How is everyone else enjoying the game?
I have max out my level as well. Hopefully Disney will release update to further level soon.

I'm now on my way to unlock Gerda. Don't think I can get other characters of the event after Gerda...

It's so hard to get the skate to unlock Gerda

Last edited:
Today is my birthday. It gotten in the way of me farming pinecones. i am only going to get 10k today instead of the 17k i was hoping to.

just thought id let you know how ive been travelling .... since loosing my game when i was already at level 25 and having already unlocked feather duster to say i was upset is putting it mildly...i thought i had lost out big time as the help centre said they couldnt replace any of the harvest or aladin event special decos i had earned was devestating to say the least but i think when it came to restarting the event it has made me play smarter.

i had to restart the game abou a week into the current event but i have managed to claw my was back to lvl 17 and considering i had hardly had anyone unlocked to earn items or cones, the geese and one windmill i purchased, have been the only thing keeping me afloat.

its been a catch 22.... do i set eveyone to earn pinecones to advance the event or get items to unlock my next person (not to mention my coin earning is now dramatically reduced so even if i get to the lvl to earn another person i cant really afford then)

BUT THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED WAS MY EVENT ITEMS WERE WAY CHEAPER!!!! Compared to the prices that first appeared on my original game these ones are more realistic i still have to work hard but at least they dont go over 10 thousand and with my limited personnel it was a god send

im currently doing footstool but am at a standstill as oaken needs to do things and hes still unlocked for me

can i just say thanks to everyone who is more advanced telling us what to expect as it has helped deciding what to focus my attention on either pinecone or people...many many thanks!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter