Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

I was curious if Disney had released the names of the vocalists for the arrangements? The original song info is everywhere, but I'm curious who is singing the parts that have that Zooey Deschanel-esque voice, like the Moana sequence that has the how far I'll go sequence.

I thought it was a great show. I was worried that the projections would be to prominent. I'm glad they were subdued and took a back seat to the fireworks. I get that it isn't what some expected. But, I really liked it and look forward to seeing it live. Harmonius will need viewed in person before my final judgement. However, it fell WAY short of my expectations due to it's lack of continuity and a clear storyline.
This pretty much sums up how I felt!

Still watching Craig's version, will finish it later today in between work. So far, much better (and I did like what I saw last night on Disney's version - however, should have known it wouldn't be as good considering the terrible stream of Harmonious that really felt like it totally disconnected viewers from being on the ground and Craig's version superior at Epcot).

Missed Tink last night and that was one of my complaints, but I guess she's in there somewhere and I missed her. (Felt a "pixie dust" mention would have gone nicely at the end before they sent her off :) )

Enchantment does lack Mickey, Walt, and some other things they could have included. Overall though, I'm looking forward to seeing this one in person. Unlike harmonious, you can probably enjoy the fireworks from other areas of the park since (IMO like HEA) it's pretty enough with or without the projections.

First watch we were kind of meh about it. Rewatched Craig’s video and it’s was a MUCH better view than the Disney Parks broadcast last night. I’m sure it will grow on me just like HEA did. (We loved Wishes so much!)

I watched the DIS video of it, not the Disney live stream version. I liked this way better than that Harmonious garbage from Epcot. But then watched HEA's video after watching Enchantment and I agree with everybody who's been saying that HEA is better than this new MK fireworks show.

I think that Enchantment DOES have a storyline, but HEA's story is better. And Harmonious total lacks a story.

One thing that I didn't care for was the heavy use of Frozen 2 music and the covers they did of that...the vocals sounded very screechy at times.

I really enjoyed this new fireworks show, but it's not a show that I'd try to see multiple times on a trip. I'll make the effort once to see it. Whereas at the Disneyland 60th anniversary, we'd try to see fireworks every night and it was a very emotional experience...they sort of told the story of Disneyland, how it got started and all that. I was hoping for something like that in this fireworks show. With the new Epcot show, I was hoping for something similar, only in an Epcot sort of way...like they could have included a video clip of that ABC tv special which Walt Disney did shortly before he died, when he showed a model of Epcot and talked about how great it was going to be and all that.

There was no Walt Disney in either show. And Mickey Mouse should be in the MK 50th anniversary fireworks.

I’m home sick with one of my kids and she’s watching a recording of the 2011 Street Party. It seriously has more excitement than any of these new offerings. I feel that this new stuff was created with the perception that guests want things that look pretty on social media and no actual engagement. I’m a school principal and have noticed most kids do not want to sing, dance, or do any sort of group games. So maybe they are right.

Honestly Space 360 speaks to all this. A grey room with big TVs and Instagram worthy food. That’s how I feel about the 50th.

I scheduled a June trip and am seriously debating shortening it. I just feel taking away character meet and greets, actual parades, and some of the “cheese” that should go along with a celebration has made this something to not look forward to.

For those who wanted the nostalgia, I'd recommend (at least) the first few minutes of this:

It's interesting, I've seen a lot more of the nostalgic (for older generations) elements of the celebration in various official Disney media streams as well as through the personal accounts of Disney execs and Imagineers than what I've seen from what is happening in the parks. I wonder if that is strategic or coincidental.

It was just ok. I expected more considering we're celebrating 50 years. Where was a quote from and spoken by Walt? Something. Anything that celebrates the beginnings. I kept thinking....at least we know it will be replaced in 18 months. We'll see if those feelings change in person.

It's interesting, I've seen a lot more of the nostalgic (for older generations) elements of the celebration in various official Disney media streams as well as through the personal accounts of Disney execs and Imagineers than what I've seen from what is happening in the parks. I wonder if that is strategic or coincidental.
That is interesting. Huh. Now I'll be curious about that. As you mentioned, they've brought together the nostalgic stuff (whether it's the official streams, personal accounts, coffee table book, etc) and they've made a decision about how to proceed. And - IDK - I sort of hope that by the end of the 18 months, they might find a middle ground.

No one was screaming in joy afterwards. It was sad to see people’s disappointed faces vs smiling faces after HEA.

Last night was a media preview, so it was a limited crowd that was not likely to cheer and get all emotional. I don't even think cast members got to go.

I think it is a mistake to make a big deal about a show in social media and blog posts, but have an audience that does not add to the excitement. Not-so-great audio/video plus a mostly silent audience just adds to the feeling that the show isn't great. I suggest Disney stop broadcasting the media preview events and wait for the real rollout with the big crowds and excitement. Or, find a way to get better "fake" crowds.

With that said, I thought it was going to be a 50th Anniversary show, and it just wasn't. I'll be happy to see it in person, but was really hoping for something akin to the Disneyland 50th show.

Last edited:
I just watched Craig's filming and man is it worlds better - how can Disney not have someone that knows what their doing when filming these things? I'm still not a huge fan but it's not as bad as I originally thought - one thing that keeps throwing me off is how they did the projections. HEA used the castle surfaces to display the projections properly, with this show they're acting like the castle is just a flat screen and the projections land in not ideal places that just doesn't look quite right. (like there's a lot of projections that are broken up by the balcony under the 50th badge, or Moana sailing across the front of the castle).
Can you give a link to Craig's video? I can't seem to find it. Thanks

NEVERMIND - I found it.

Last edited:
Disney please notice that 90%+ of the posts say the show was disappointing. Please do better next time or bring back a modern day version of Wishes or HEA. We were left with uninspiring, dull, flat feeling orchestral music when the show concluded instead of an outro song like “Kiss Goodnight” (Richard Sherman/Ashley Brown) for Disneyland’s 60th. I just don’t understand why the show couldn’t have been a mix of modern day and classic Disney music. Why no reference to Walt, no nostalgia or Mickey? This should have been a love letter to the park, similar to Disneyland‘s 50th and 60th shows.

Wow! I had never seen that. We were at DL for the 60th which was incredible too. But that was how a 50th show should be!
Yes. It was amazing. Even if I watch it again on YouTube I tear up a bit. It was a true homage to Walt. My thinking goes that people would have riotted in California if Walt wasn't mentioned.
You may have really liked Harmonious (I don’t know), but this comment truly concerns me as I did not watch Enchantment and I really disliked Harmonious… lol… oh no!!!
Well, you decide, what you like better, the flu or diarrhea. Both shows are trully awful. Some people blame the transmission but I saw the 4K vid and I still thought it was really bad
I agree. I was very unimpressed last night, but I just watched Craig's video and it looks so much better than that hot mess Disney put out. You can actually see the projections. It appears that Disney has taken down their video from Youtube. I guess they realized it wasn't shot properly.
My guess is that they took it down to avoid the Harmonious debacle in the comments. There is not a single good comment there. But it is baffling that a media company that even owns a broadcast channel can't produce a good stream. That should tell you something

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter