• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

What did we just watch??? "You are the magic!" great, I already have to stay on top of my bank robbing skills now I have to bring my own magic too????

This show is hot garbage, and IDK if it was the youtube connection or what but were the projections were lame.
Also, where was the story line?? Did they start working on this last week? This looks like a neat first draft.

I felt like their choices were more about "inclusivity" than "nostalgia" which we all know Disney is pushing hard right now. It's good to represent everyone but if overdone it just ruins things.

I think there has been overdone representation (of one group) for like, most of Disney's history. Now some of us see ourselves represented and allllllllready it's "overdone." I think I'm picking up what you're putting down here.

Thought it was better than last night, at least there were decent fireworks, and the music was better to me. I learned last night that Disney does not know how live stream well, the constant camera changes really make it hard to get a good idea of the full show. Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow night from some better live streams!

Also, maybe my brain just works weird, but whenever Angela Bassett spoke I immediately flashed to American Horror Story. Apparently she has been very memorable in those roles! :rotfl:

Oh, that was Angela Bassett? How did I not recognize her? I have watched almost everything she has been in. It was probably the overdone vocal gymnastics.

I agree wholeheartedly this show would be so much better with some acknowledgement that "it was all started by a mouse".
Got chills just reading that, 100% agree!!

I literally just rewatched HEA again and aside from my own personal bias against Enchantment, objectively speaking I don't understand why they downgraded the projections so much. HEA lacked the spirit of Wishes but it was an absolute tour de force.

They must have a ton of Moana DVD’s to sell because that movie is being shoved into everything. Where was I when it became the greatest Disney classic of all time? Yet no Walt, no Mickey, no Winnie the Pooh? At least Disney answered the question of “How Far they’ll go” to put the IP of every movie since 2010 into every show.

3 for 3 though, Enchantment, Harmonious, and Kite Tails. All pretty lame.

I agree wholeheartedly this show would be so much better with some acknowledgement that "it was all started by a mouse".

I think, for a while anyway, it's going to be the loyal Disney fans that keep this phrase and the emotion behind it, alive!
A few hours ago I pulled out my Mickey mug for tea and uttered Walt's words to myself.

>Everyone trying to get into Disney's Vault to save Happily Ever After and Epcot Forever (or Illuminations) after seeing Enchantment and Harmonious

xmSf5Zg.gif

That explains the small crowd. Looking forward to see what the media thought.
I know my opinion. At best its a one and done.

Disney closed Future World at 7pm tonight just for them and then gave them their own showing, I’m pretty sure they’re all gonna be very positive in their “reviews”…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter