Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

You know what was interesting... the show that was on ABC on Friday night had the orchestra playing and fireworks going, no projections, just the castle lit up in different colour combinations.... and it was awesome. I loved it. That would be better than Enchantment.

Oh no, another festival of the random IP. When I heard just around the river bend I thought, great they are tying things in and together, but no dice. It feel apart with Moana.
Can I ask please, what is this IP often referred to when speaking about Disney "productions"? I think it has to do with selling their movies.

I was sort of hoping we'd get a show focused on Walt Disney World since it was supposed to be for the 50th Anniversary. Maybe some songs and animations related to attractions in the park, like Peter Pan, Snow White, Haunted Mansion, Tiki Room, Small World, Carousel of Progress, etc. And maybe segments devoted to each of the four parks, with one each for EPCOT, MK, Animal Kingdom and HS.

Enchantment just seems like a fairly generic celebration of Disney movies with no apparently relationship to the Disney World anniversary.

I was sort of hoping we'd get a show focused on Walt Disney World since it was supposed to be for the 50th Anniversary. Maybe some songs and animations related to attractions in the park, like Peter Pan, Snow White, Haunted Mansion, Tiki Room, Small World, Carousel of Progress, etc. And maybe segments devoted to each of the four parks, with one each for EPCOT, MK, Animal Kingdom and HS.

Enchantment just seems like a fairly generic celebration of Disney movies with no apparently relationship to the Disney World anniversary.
Exactly. If you asked 100 people to pick one character that should be in the 50th Anniversary show 99 of them would say Mickey. Apparently the show was made by that one other person.

A celebration of attractions through the years would have been awesome though!

Exactly. If you asked 100 people to pick one character that should be in the 50th Anniversary show 99 of them would say Mickey. Apparently the show was made by that one other person.

My memory could be playing tricks on me, but I recall that the show that Disneyland put on several years back was just that... a retrospective highlighting the classic attractions.

You know what was interesting... the show that was on ABC on Friday night had the orchestra playing and fireworks going, no projections, just the castle lit up in different colour combinations.... and it was awesome. I loved it. That would be better than Enchantment.
I also thought the orchestra with the fireworks was wonderful! It was simple and beautiful!

Now having watched this show through the Dis and other YouTubers, it just shows how poorly Disney did trying to stream their own product. Craigs looked amazing compared to Disney’s, both visually and with the audio. I think that’s at least half the problem with some folks not liking it.

What I don't get is why they didn't do that. The whole celebration is centered around the 1971 opening of WDW, so why did we get a fireworks show about Disney movies? Why is it showing us Onward and Soul? Those movies don't have anything to do with WDW's history except that Disney made them.

I would have opened it with Walt talking about his plans for the park, and then do a clips and song montage of movies represented by rides in the park (Snow White, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Aladdin, Alice, etc) and songs from the attractions that have music (Tiki Room, Carousel, Small World, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, etc.) Then maybe some Walt quotes about EPCOT and a montage about attractions there (music from the countries and attractions). And some footage for Animal Kingdom and HS, too. They could have used Lion King, Up, Avatar, Star Wars, Muppets, something to represent all of the properties and attractions represented. It seems to me that they would have had lots of material. And then maybe wrapped it up with Walt talking more about what he wanted to achieve with WDW.

Maybe they'll do something like that for the 60th anniversary...

Last edited:
We were thinking the same thing!

OMG! I've been going since 1972 and I don't think there has been anything worse than that godawful pink pepto bismolly monstrosity!🤮 What a desecration of a classic Disney icon!

View attachment 609827
I absolutely loved this castle. It felt so fun and festive like a real birthday PARTY!! :cake: At least it felt that Disney was committed to that anniversary party. And I don't remember much merchandise tied to it - can you imagine the merchandise if this was done today???

I absolutely loved this castle. It felt so fun and festive like a real birthday PARTY!! :cake: At least it felt that Disney was committed to that anniversary party. And I don't remember much merchandise tied to it - can you imagine the merchandise if this was done today???

I'm trying not to. LOL! The 50th Anniversary castle is much to my liking. Very majestic and it's done in very good taste. It looks like a castle you'd expect a princess to live in.

What I don't get is why they didn't do that. The whole celebration is centered around the 1971 opening of WDW, so why did we get a fireworks show about Disney movies? Why is it showing us Onward and Soul? Those movies don't have anything to do with WDW's history except that Disney made them.

I would have opened it with Walt talking about his plans for the park, and then do a clips and song montage of movies represented by rides in the park (Snow White, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Aladdin, Alice, etc) and songs from the attractions that have music (Tiki Room, Carousel, Small World, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, etc.) Then maybe some Walt quotes about EPCOT and a montage about attractions there (music from the countries and attractions). And some footage for Animal Kingdom and HS, too. They could have used Lion King, Up, Avatar, Star Wars, Muppets, something to represent all of the properties and attractions represented. It seems to me that they would have had lots of material. And then maybe wrapped it up with Walt talking more about what he wanted to achieve with WDW.

Maybe they'll do something like that for the 60th anniversary...

Exactly.

And why is the Hunchback of Notre Dame featured in both of the new night time shows (at MK & Epcot)? I mean, they completely left Mickey Mouse out, but included a character of a movie that is hardly in everybody's top 10 list?

Looks like a great fireworks show, just doesn't feel as Disney magical especially to celebrate a 50th Anniversary of the park. Like a lot of people are saying it's about the music and content. Many Disney fans want to celebrate the history of Disney World (isn't that the point ?) and you got almost none of that in the show. Feels like something I would see for New Years Eve on ABC.

Last edited:
I'll out myself as the haver of terrible tastes and opinions: I enjoyed this, I enjoyed the Sorcerer's Hat @ D-MGM/DHS, and the Sorcerer Mickey arm on SSE (unsurprisingly, my MDE avatar is ... Sorcerer Mickey).

I really liked Enchantment and the original song for it. I think its a good show. But I don’t think it is better than HEA. HEA is by far, a superior production. It is far more moving, has a better story, music, and narration. Enchantment felt anticlimactic. Especially…when Tink flies. Again, I really liked it, but I don’t think its worthy of a 50 year celebration. And…why did they not pay homage to Walt and Mickey? They ARE Disney. Its just so weird to me, the decisions that are being made by these executives. Charge a lot more and give a lot less is the new Disney way. Not the Disney I fell in love with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter