Disney Enchantment Discussion & Reviews Thread (Premiering 9/30)

I was curious if anyone found the messaging a little convoluted - The theme song for Enchantment and what they're singing in the parks is "You are the magic" but then the tag line for the 50th celebration is "The magic is calling"? Maybe I'm just missing something, but I assumed the magic is calling us back to the parks... so the magic inside ourselves is actually the magic from the parks? Eh? :confused3

I liked the video I saw of Enchantment and I liked it better than HEA (which I never took the time to see in the park). I would do a dessert party for Enchantment.

I asked my husband to watch it, we had already decided to skip a dessert party. We will have 3 with us in ECV, and my husband needs to be in a spot he can easily exit the area and be near a bathroom. I wanted to know which side of hub or and/or mainstreet would be best choice etc.

I was really glad when he said he didn`t think it was something he needed to see. I was already leaning towards not seeing it after I watched some of the videos, not dealing with the ecv`s in the crowd etc. His exact words, its like they went backwards in the technology. Did not utilize the castle for projection mapping like they did before. Songs were not like he remembered and instead of getting lost in the moment he was thinking "who is singing this and why?".

So now where I thought stay back of park while it is running and ride etc, he is thinking we just leave early on both of our planned MK days.

I asked my husband to watch it, we had already decided to skip a dessert party. We will have 3 with us in ECV, and my husband needs to be in a spot he can easily exit the area and be near a bathroom. I wanted to know which side of hub or and/or mainstreet would be best choice etc.

I was really glad when he said he didn`t think it was something he needed to see. I was already leaning towards not seeing it after I watched some of the videos, not dealing with the ecv`s in the crowd etc. His exact words, its like they went backwards in the technology. Did not utilize the castle for projection mapping like they did before. Songs were not like he remembered and instead of getting lost in the moment he was thinking "who is singing this and why?".

So now where I thought stay back of park while it is running and ride etc, he is thinking we just leave early on both of our planned MK days.

We said the same thing. There was no emotion, and we kept asking “who is singing and why are they trying so hard?!?”. There also wasn’t a good storyline. Everything seemed so random. I’m totally not excited to see Enchantment now when we visit.

I do really hope they update the singing in the show, but I've otherwise softened to Enchantment since I understand it was a logistical necessity. HEA was better but you needed to have a pretty good view to enjoy it. I appreciate that this show is well enjoyed all the way down Main Street.

Just watched it in person from the hub - thought it was great. Definitely requires castle viewing. Tinkerbell was back, she brought tears to my eyes.

We said the same thing. There was no emotion, and we kept asking “who is singing and why are they trying so hard?!?”. There also wasn’t a good storyline. Everything seemed so random. I’m totally not excited to see Enchantment now when we visit.
Saw it live tonight and felt the same thing. Had I never seen Wishes or HEA, I would have been amazed. However, I've seen both of them multiple times. It lacked the emotion of the other shows.
The message seemed confusing. For years they have talked about "The Disney Magic". Now its not that, but the magic is in you. So they don't have to try anymore?

Saw it live tonight and felt the same thing. Had I never seen Wishes or HEA, I would have been amazed. However, I've seen both of them multiple times. It lacked the emotion of the other shows.
The message seemed confusing. For years they have talked about "The Disney Magic". Now its not that, but the magic is in you. So they don't have to try anymore?
That's kind of how I read it.

Disney charges way too much for "do it yourself magic".

I think you need to have watched some of the movies for the fireworks to makes sense. I just watched Frozen2 and now it makes sense what the story is and how it relates to ‘you are the magic’

I think you need to have watched some of the movies for the fireworks to makes sense. I just watched Frozen2 and now it makes sense what the story is and how it relates to ‘you are the magic’

I would be shocked if people spending thousands to visit Disney have not watched most of the Disney catalog. :rolleyes1

We say Disney Enchantment on October 1st. I thought it was ok, but we were definitely not blown away by it. In addition to the storytelling aspect that many have touched on, I was expecting a little more in the way of spectacle... especially the fireworks display for the finale. It seemed incredibly under-stated to me. When it ended, a lot of people around us were not quite sure it was over. They were looking around with an expression like "that's it?"

The other thing that I am perplexed by a lot recently is that no one in the development phase of many recent projects seems to be speaking up about the naming.

For example... Individual Lightning Lane Selections???? Did someone not see that this would be abbreviated ILL$ by the Disney community? Even if they left off "selections" to avoid the scathing use of $ in the acronym. Calling it ILL???? Really???

And why would you name your new night-time spectacular Disney Enchantment?

Did no one in the room think that this would invariably be abbreviated as Dis-enchantment by detractors? Or is there just so much group think going on that it's inconceivable that anything they put out could even have detractors?

I would be shocked if people spending thousands to visit Disney have not watched most of the Disney catalog. :rolleyes1
Me! I haven't seen that many Disney movies, yet I love WDW.

Looks like I need to watch Frozen 2 before our trip in December!

So, it's been a couple of months since anyone has commented on this thread about their opinions on Enchantment. Seems most of the early reviews were very negative and critical.
Anyone changing their minds? Anyone find this show superior to either Wishes or Happily Ever After?
Anyone still feel Disney dropped the ball on this one and fell way short?

So, it's been a couple of months since anyone has commented on this thread about their opinions on Enchantment. Seems most of the early reviews were very negative and critical.
Anyone changing their minds? Anyone find this show superior to either Wishes or Happily Ever After?
Went to MK during the show walked right past it. The audio track wasnt even worth the listen while walking away from the bad projections..

Saw it in early December, not as bad as I thought from the initial videos, but still VERY sub-par to Happily and not at what should have been presented for the 50th.

I will say that had this come out first, then a GOOD 50th show, then Happily it would have worked better.

We didn't expect much and it was worse than we thought. It felt like someone had a contest to see how much IP they could squeeze into the projections. The projections did not really relate to any of the the songs and the music wasn't very good. We won't bother seeing it ever again. We didn't love Harmonious either but that was 100x better then Enchantment.

We didn't expect much and it was worse than we thought. It felt like someone had a contest to see how much IP they could squeeze into the projections. The projections did not really relate to any of the the songs and the music wasn't very good. We won't bother seeing it ever again. We didn't love Harmonious either but that was 100x better then Enchantment.
Yea I was pleasantly surprised with Harmonious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter