Disney Enchantment is a hard fail and 1 OCT was a disaster

They are never gonna make everybody happy. Everyone be pointing out that there were different experiences out there to blame Disney and say things were bad- exactly my point. Thing is, with all these points in here on how Disney *always* screws things up- then why go? If you know so much why Easter your time being miserable? There’s one restaurant in the area that I gave three strikes and now I just don’t go there, because I know it’ll just not aggravate me. And the fact that it’s still open means somebody out there is enjoying it.
And honestly, I’d be fine with the OP complaining if there wasn’t such a problematic comment about the fireworks and the general sentiment of “FAIL” is what teenagers do. This wasn’t stated in a mature fashion.

I'll just laugh when in like 6 months (give or take) they'll start having to sell things at a discounted price just to get rid of them. I see that all the time with rD merch.

The real flip pros get it out the door as quickly as possible to make their profits. It’s the hangers-on who end up with leftover merch they can’t sell for a profit. Honestly to me, the whole enterprise seems way too stressful.

They in addition should have had a big celebration with Disney stars there for a ceremony in front of the castle.
Kurt Russell, Goldie Hawn, Paul Peterson, Tim Considine, Goldberg, Midler, Andrews, Karen Dotrice, John Amos, Leslie Ann Warren, John Davidson, Van Dyke, Lansbury(if they were well enough,) Bill Gurr, Rolly Krump, Floyd Norman... It should have been a mind-blowing day. Yeah it would have cost a fortune but Iger and Chapek could have used their pocket change.

I'm glad I stayed home and watched the special on TV. I checked ebay and saw A LOT of merch so no surprise there.

They don’t have that much merchandise available to sell. Lots of stuff is still on cargo ships waiting to be unloaded. Big problem right now.
Maybe they do. Maybe they don't. If anybody knows how to work the logistics of delivering cargo from China, it's Disney.

There seems to be a lot of merchandise in stores in the parks and DTD.

Maybe they do. Maybe they don't. If anybody knows how to work the logistics of delivering cargo from China, it's Disney.

There seems to be a lot of merchandise in stores in the parks and DTD.
From what I've seen, it varies. I've seen a lot of the less popular items, but there are several things that sold out very quickly and have not been restocked.

Because it's a payday and it literally helps them to drive up the illusion of scarcity. The blue Starbucks tumbler is currently listed on on eBay starting at $50. One seller has it listed at $130 and they've already sold 15.

This is why Disney really needs to actually have annual pass holders scan their pass for the 20% discount vs just showing it. Then they could actually limit the purchases. There have been people who have lost their APs when Disney catches them reselling, but my understanding is that it's really rare to get caught.

This is why Disney really needs to actually have annual pass holders scan their pass for the 20% discount vs just showing it. Then they could actually limit the purchases. There have been people who have lost their APs when Disney catches them reselling, but my understanding is that it's really rare to get caught.
I agree with this. It also wouldn’t hurt to put pressure on sites like EBay to shut down sales within a certain time frame. People shouldn’t be able to buy and list the same day. If they couldn’t resell for six-twelve months, I think it would slow down the resellers. I don’t think you can stop them completely, but the idea is to make it as difficult and unprofitable as possible.

And none of that seems that different from merchandise rollouts in the past.
Very true. For me, there were certain things I wanted, just for me. So I wanted to make sure I had the best chance of getting them. Which meant going through the madness. The CM looked shocked when I told her I only wanted one of each item, saying "you sure you just want one". I did grab 2 of the tumblers and gave one out to someone who was waiting outside the line, hoping to spread some magic. The girl I handed it to was very thankful.

I heard people were getting into fights over the merchandise. Friggin so ridiculous. Sorry OP, I saw video from Oct. 1 and it looked like it sucked. Ignore the pixie dust snorters on these boards, they will defend Disney NO MATTER what evil thing that company does.

I wasn't there by choice. I have attended anniversaries before as well as holidays. From what I read, other than the fighting, it seemed pretty good. Normally in addition to to waiting for food and merchandise, there were always super long waits for the attractions. I would actually say the shorter lines experienced that day are a plus. I have been there when it was so crowded that you physically could not move to where you wanted to go. You were herded like cattle by CM's being moved in one direction. Even if you weren't going that way, you had no choice.

I heard people were getting into fights over the merchandise. Friggin so ridiculous. Sorry OP, I saw video from Oct. 1 and it looked like it sucked. Ignore the pixie dust snorters on these boards, they will defend Disney NO MATTER what evil thing that company does.
Uhh, I'm sorry I had a great time?

Can't imagine stooping the level of insulting people who enjoy things. What a sad life that must be.

What was “evil” about this?
Absolutely nothing. Some people just seem to really enjoy raining on other people's parades. Its honestly getting ridiculous on here. I'd leave, but I shouldn't have to feel bad about being on a board about something that I love and continue to enjoy. But some people are truly starting to make it unbearable to post an ounce of positivity on here.

Absolutely nothing. Some people just seem to really enjoy raining on other people's parades. Its honestly getting ridiculous on here. I'd leave, but I shouldn't have to feel bad about being on a board about something that I love and continue to enjoy. But some people are truly starting to make it unbearable to post an ounce of positivity on here.
I so agree with this. I only come around when I have a trip planned. While there are always those who are negative, in the last few months, I really wonder why some people remain here if they hate Disney so much. Disliking some aspects, I can get, but others not only hate everything but want everyone else to hate everything too.

Last edited:
I so agree with this. I only come around when I have a trip planned. While there are always those who are negative, in the last few mo the I really wonder why some people remain here if they hate Disney so much. disliking some aspects, I can get, but others not only hate everything but want everyone else to hate everything too.
Yes. I am completely ok with people sharing their criticisms and opinions. We are all different and that is totally ok! Thats what makes this board fun. Its those who degrade and talk down to those who say anything positive that gets annoying.

There was nothing wrong with capacity or the way CMs handled things. As someone who has worked TTC I can with absolute certainty that 50% of the old capacity was about the crowd level we saw yesterday, and I’d argue it was lower. Cast have been worn out and not as pleasant as they once were for over a year, but yesterday they were on their game.

The only issue with the crowds were issues the crowd created. And it came from the fact that almost no one on a normal vacation was there. It was all entitled Superfan adults that don’t know how to behave. I’m not saying we are all that way of course. But some are truly horrible and they were all there yesterday in the shops.

Oct 1 was a total failure from Disney. But not because of crowds or CMs. It was the fact leadership did not give it the justice or acknowledgment it deserved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter