• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy 3 Night -- 2 days at Castaway Cay -- May 17, 2017 added

MIDisFan

DIS Veteran
While checking on my 3 Night Dream cruise just noticed they added this and looks like they removed the original 7 night on the fantasy that was scheduled for the 13th.

Oooooh, let's see how I could lobby DH...mother's day present? I just did a quick check and flights are really reasonable. I really hasn't been budgeted another cruise until 2018 but this is tempting. I wonder what the chances are it could be cancelled or delayed if the drydock schedule goes awry?

So excited they added this as we are in the May 20 cruise and have been slightly concerned about the dry dock being delayed, impacting our cruise. This buffer cruise is awesome!

Oooooh, let's see how I wonder what the chances are it could be cancelled or delayed if the drydock schedule goes awry?
I put a hold on this cruise and was wondering the same thing? I had to cancel my October WDW trip because of hurricane Matthew and saw this cruise posted. I thought I'd book it and at least I would have a short Disney trip to satisfy my Disney obsession before Food and Wine Fest 2017.

Was the Dream's initial sailing after its dry dock delayed?

Last edited:
We just booked it as it sounds cool with 2 days at CC and no Nassau. Seems to be selling out pretty quickly too

I just booked this three night cruise. Back-to-back days on Castaway Cay sounds interesting. I'm wondering if any special events will be planned the first evening on the island. The cruise seems to be filling up quickly -- no midship rooms were available.

I just booked this three night cruise. Back-to-back days on Castaway Cay sounds interesting. I'm wondering if any special events will be planned the first evening on the island. The cruise seems to be filling up quickly -- no midship rooms were available.

We want to book and we can't get a hold of our Dreams Unlimited travel agent :(
We have a placeholder booked and need it transferred.
Should I maybe put a 3 day hold on a room until I hear from our TA?

Just booked this cruise too! Was already considering a double-dip cruise and being on the Fantasy makes the deal even sweeter for us! It does appear that rooms are going fast.

We want to book and we can't get a hold of our Dreams Unlimited travel agent :(
We have a placeholder booked and need it transferred.
Should I maybe put a 3 day hold on a room until I hear from our TA?
I believe I would, as others have said, this cruise seems to be selling out fast!

Looks like the deluxe ocean view staterooms have already gone to guaranteed.

I believe I would, as others have said, this cruise seems to be selling out fast!

Looks like the deluxe ocean view staterooms have already gone to guaranteed.
My TA is away but another one contacted me that is covering her.
She can't find out reservation, hopefully will be able to locate it soon as we are ready to book.
Hopping for verandah.

I hope this cruise gets added to the Fantasy 2017 cruise meets thread!

Woo hoo we are in!
Wasn't planning this at all, in fact we almost cancelled our placeholder. We normally go for 7 nights but this looks interesting. We will now try to add wdw afterwards.
We'll see hope it all works out!

I'm wondering if any special events will be planned the first evening on the island.
Well, the evening won't be "on" the island. They usually leave the island and re-dock the second day.

I understand that the bugs at nighttime there are just too numerous for actually allowing people to remain on the island past sunset.

Can someone please explain what a placeholder is? My TA can't book til Monday and I'm nervous we won't get the room we want. Can I book it myself and transfer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter