• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy - 7 night - Western Caribbean - April 30, 2016

How's everyone? Anyone else doing the Fish Extenders?
Hi we are new to this link but are excited to be taking this cruise. We would love to join the Fish Extender. We have participated twice before and it was lots of fun. I will post Cabin #'s and more info shortly but it will be 4 adults (husband and wife, sister and grandma) and 2 children (1 boy and 1 girl).

My wife and I just switched to this cruise (we were originally booked for Sept. 3, 2016).

We would like to participate in the fish extender again. This will be our second Disney cruise. Our last cruise was on the Fantasy in Nov. 2014 (Eastern Caribbean).

We have two daughters, Emily (14) and Anna (11).

I'll be organizing the fe for this cruise when you get a chance would you mind answering these questions so I can add you to the list ? Thanks:)

Please provide the following information and I will organize it into pdfs once the cruise gets closer

1.Cabin #

2.Name(you may just state "boy" or "girl" if you'd rather not list names and ages for those under 18)

3.Any celebrations you are having on board (birthdays,anniversaries,etc...)

4.Allergies or items prohibited ie...alcohol/candy/nuts etc..

5.Favorite character(1-2 for each member)

6.Any other pertinent information you'd like to share

Hi all! This will be our second Disney cruise - we were on the Fantasy at almost the same time last year (Eastern Caribbean that time) and loved it! We will likely do a few days in Orlando before the cruise - not sure yet if it will be at Disney World or Legoland. Also, being a newbie, I just had to google what a 'fish extender' was :)....sounds like fun! We are: Mark (39) Sarah (39) Noah (8) Colin (6) and are coming from Nova Scotia, Canada. We are on the 9th deck, midship.

I tried to send you a private message with our fish extender info. please let me know when you receive it. if you don't receive it I can resend or post it.

Glad you received our FE info. We will have FE's on each door with each of our names on one of them.

Hello, Just recently booked this cruise
We are very interested in FE (did it on our last cruise)
One previous cruise, on Fantasy in July 2015
Our Family: Christy (38), Adam (41), Brett (17), Riley(16), Kallie (13)
We are from Virginia Beach, VA (I'm originally from Orlando )
pre and post cruise will be spent at my moms house in Orlando.

Looking forward to out last family vacation before our son goes off to college next year:)

Hi everyone! This is our first disney cruise and first cruise ever for the rest of my family. Now that we figured out what the FE is, we'd love to join!

1. Cabin #: 8084
2. Our family: Lin (39), George (48), Katie (12), and Kyle (11).
3. Special celebrations: katie will turn 13 May 1st!
4. N/A
5. Favorite characters: katie (everything frozen)
Kyle (Mickey mouse and olaf)
We're traveling from southeast Pennsylvania - cant wait until April!!

Hi Briana, Thanks for organizing the FE. We'd like to join the group. :-)

1.Cabin #9122

2. Courtney, Ryan, Avery (6), Colby (4)

3. Avery's 6th birthday

4. none

5. Avery- Elsa
Colby- Peter Pan

6. none

Hi! We're joining your cruise! We moved from the one right before. It's the completion of the Grand Slam (all four ships) for my Mom, Vicki, and I. And my aunt Eve is coming, too - but she's not as well travelled as we are.:P Mom and I are from outside of Dallas and my aunt is from Oklahoma City.

We'd love to participate in the FE.

1.Cabin # 9152

2.Name(you may just state "boy" or "girl" if you'd rather not list names and ages for those under 18) Michelle, Vicki and Eve

3.Any celebrations you are having on board (birthdays,anniversaries,etc...)

4.Allergies or items prohibited ie...alcohol/candy/nuts etc.. None!!

5.Favorite character(1-2 for each member) Michelle - Minnie Mouse, Vicki - Donald, Eve - Maleficent

6.Any other pertinent information you'd like to share

Hello everyone. Myself (33) my husband Jeremy (34) son Haiden (11) and daughter Charisma (9) will be taking the cruise and so excited because this will be our first cruise.
We are coming from IL although we are a military family so we are always moving!
N/A In the process of booking the cruise now. Finalizing all my plans
This will be the first thing Disney for the whole family and Family real Vacation because we always went to see family when we got leave so it will be fun just going somewhere and unwind!
We are not doing anything before the cruise but are spending 4 days at DisneyWorld afterwards and super excited about that since non of us has been there either!!

Any suggestions for this newbie on everything? lol

Hey this is Marcy and Mike. This will be our 4th Disney cruise. We will be celebrating my 30th birthday and our 2nd wedding anniversary. We are midship level 6. I am very excited to get back on the ship. We live in Fl. and love Disney. We will be participating in FE so if someone organizes it please add us to the list.

1.Cabin #7576

2.Name Mike 33 and Marcy 30

3.Any celebrations you are having on board: Marcy will be celebrating her 30th Birthday and we will be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary. We spent our honeymoon on this cruise

4.Allergies or items prohibited ie...None

5.Favorite character(1-2 for each member)Mickey and Minnie

6.Any other pertinent information you'd like to. None

• Who is traveling? names and ages.
Hi, I'm Anisa wife to Sulman and mom to Zayn(6) and Aydan(8). We are first time cruisers and first time Disney.
  • Where are you traveling from?
We live in Toronto, Canada.
  • What cabin category are booked into?
We have a verandah room on deck 7.
  • What are you most excited about?
Everything! We usually do resort vacations but are excited to experience our first cruise.
  • Are you doing anything in Florida before or after the cruise?
We will probably be flying in the day before and hanging out at the hotel. We are still undecided about after the cruise, maybe visit Universal.

Hi There!!! :smickey: I'm Soooooooooooooo Excited!!!:ccat:
  • Who is traveling? .
I'm Leann (27) traveling with my mom Reba (61) & Isabella (12).
Bella (as she likes to be called) is not related to us, we are nannies & have helped raise her since she was 2mo old :lovestruc
  • Where are you traveling from?
Aberdeen, NC.
  • What cabin category are booked into?
Getting ready to put down payment on a room this week! Going for 04E; Deck 5 Forward.
  • What are you most excited about?
Absolutely Everything! It will be Bella's 2nd cruise but our first! Bella had a BAD 1st cruise experience, it was her 11th birthday,
she went with her mother & grandmother on a practically adult only cruise. :sad:
We figured she needed at least 1 GOOD cruise experience at her age.
  • Are you doing anything in Florida before or after the cruise?
We are doing 3 days/3nights pre-cruise @ WDW. We will be staying at The Polynesian Village.
Planning to hit EPCOT for the Flower & Garden Festival. It is my 2nd time @ WDW (1st was Sep 2014:earsboy:) but it will be their 1st time!:woohoo:

Couple of things:

1. Would love to know if they do pin trading on the ship (I saw someone else ask but I don't think there was a answer)

2. Does anyone have any advice about trip insurance? I've read that I shouldn't get Disney's but some other BEFORE I put the deposit down?

3. Does anyone have advice on Port Adventures, should I go through Disney or book independently (such as victor.com or tripadvisor.com)?
Is there a big difference? If so, please explain....

4. I found out that if you stay at a Disney Resort at least 1 night before your cruise they will allow you to keep your car there for
free while you are on the cruise as long as you explain the situation.

5. Also FYI if anyone is interested who is going to Universal Studios...
After our trip in 2014 I found out that Cabana Bay is not a great hotel for Universal guests unless you have very young children.

Reasons:
If you have kids old enough to get on all/almost all the rides & they like to ride the really popular ones (like Minions, Transformers, Harry Potter, etc...)
over & over & over again (you know they will!:goodvibes), you are going to want the Universal Express Pass because it saves TONS of time. Cabana Bay does NOT offer this.

Cabana Bay only has shuttle buses to & from the parks. This may not seem like a big deal but the 1 day we had to ride the bus
instead of the water taxi back to the hotel it was a huge deal because it was pouring rain:umbrella: & we had to wait 30 mins for the bus & the poor people going to
Cabana Bay had to wait longer in a LONG line for the lack of bus to guest ratio. :sad:

Cabana Bay is geared toward families with young children who need space but not Universal Express Passes or easy quick access to the parks.

I would suggest Portofino Bay (thats where we stayed) or Royal Pacific. They both have Free Universal Express Passes & free Water Taxis &
if you go though Orbitz or somewhere like that you can get really good deals.:ssst:

SORRY :crazy2: I went on a lot more then I thought I would! :hyper2: If I'm talking to much just tell me..... I tend to drag on :yo-yo:

Its really great to meet all if you!:hug: 161 Days to GO!!!!!:sail: :beach:

party:

Hi!

I believe there is pin trading. (I seem to remember an "Office Pin Trading" activity on the navigator from our last cruise.)

Sorry, no help on the trip insurance.

Port Adventures - it varies. There's a lot of security in booking through Disney - if something happens and your excursion is late, you're taken care of! However, there's also more expense in booking through Disney. So for my family, it depends on the excursion. For the float plane excursion in Alaska - we definitely went through Disney! However, for Sting Ray City in Grand Caymen, we did a private excursion that was scheduled to be over 2-3 hours before "All Aboard" time, so there was a lot of leeway if something happened. It really comes down to what you're most comfortable with.

If you book transfers through Disney from a Disney Resort - the pickups won't start until 11:30 - 12pm. So you might want to opt for private transportation if you're leaving the car there. You know, with the three of you, it may be cheaper to pay parking at the port. It's a super easy drive, and parking in the cruise line terminal is really nice! (Don't get the close in parking that you have to pay extra for, though, go into the main garage and go up to the level that has the crossover to the terminal building. There's a separate security line there and we've found it moves more quickly than the downstairs security lines.)

YEA!!! We're cruising soon!!!
Michelle

Couple of things:

1. Would love to know if they do pin trading on the ship (I saw someone else ask but I don't think there was a answer)

2. Does anyone have any advice about trip insurance? I've read that I shouldn't get Disney's but some other BEFORE I put the deposit down?

3. Does anyone have advice on Port Adventures, should I go through Disney or book independently (such as victor.com or tripadvisor.com)?
Is there a big difference? If so, please explain....

4. I found out that if you stay at a Disney Resort at least 1 night before your cruise they will allow you to keep your car there for
free while you are on the cruise as long as you explain the situation.

thanks everyone for the info I have added you all to the fe list!

Last edited:
thanks everyone for the info I have added you all to the fe list!
Is the list posted somewhere? Or do you post it when it gets closer to cruise time? Just wondered how many we have participating so far?

I haven't posted anything as of yet but so far we have 7 staterooms participating, im going to wait until 10 to end this group and if we have more ill start a new group :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter