Disney Fantasy August 13, 2016 Eastern

Hey Everyone! only 114 days!!! :beach:

So I know no one has officially started the FE List, so I went ahead and made one! I was thinking cut off date about 45 days out to give people enough time to get stuff if that's too soon or too late I can change that! Also if you want to join in on the fun please provide the following you can post it or PM me and then I will post the list once a month or so depending on additions so everyone has an idea of where we are at. Also I wanted to see if anyone is interested in mixology I have done that as a past group meet and it was great fun so let me know! So what I need is:
  • Name(s) and how many people crusing
  • Children ages
  • Celebrating anything?
  • Stateroom #
  • Interested in mixology?
  • would you like a small group of 10 or a group of 20?
So that's all for now, can't wait to set sail I can hear the Fantasy calling! :sail:

Melissa :wave2:

So I know no one has officially started the FE List, so I went ahead and made one! I was thinking cut off date about 45 days out to give people enough time to get stuff if that's too soon or too late I can change that! Also if you want to join in on the fun please provide the following you can post it or PM me and then I will post the list once a month or so depending on additions so everyone has an idea of where we are at. Also I wanted to see if anyone is interested in mixology I have done that as a past group meet and it was great fun so let me know! So what I need is:
  • Children ages
  • Celebrating anything?
  • Stateroom #
So that's all for now, can't wait to set sail I can hear the Fantasy calling! :sail:

Hi Melissa - So glad you are willing to start the FE list. It sounds like fun. This will be our first cruise EVER! Here's our info:
It's just 2 of us: Single mom Patti (me) and my daughter Teaghan who will be 17 by then. We're in room 2056. We're kind of celebrating my birthday as it happens to be 2 days before departure, while we're driving down from NJ. As far as group #s, I'm fine with whatever anyone else wants. Not sure what mixology is!?
Counting the days!
Patti

Hello fellow cruisers. We are the Keating and Rickards families. I have a 11yo daughter who is looking forward to her first time in the Edge club for tweens and a 9yo niece who loves the Oceaneers clubs and the pools. This will be our sixth Disney Cruise and third on the Fantasy. We have also sailed on the Wonder but ever since we first sailed on the Fantasy (Eastern Carrib. in June of 2012), she is my favorite. I first learned about Fish Extenders right here on DIS for our Panama cruise in 2011. So much fun! I encourage everyone to participate. It's like a mini Christmas/Hanukah every time you come back to your cabin. Don't know if anyone has already suggested this for first time cruisers, but checking out the archive of Personal Navigators from past cruises http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-stateroom-navigator.htm will give you a feel for what's coming. They have an Eastern Carrib. from 2013 (the post is for October but the scans say August - same month as ours!). Of course, many things are different. We are going to Tortola instead of St. Martin, not all of the events will be the same and the movies are a little dated but you'll get an idea of what to expect. Really looking forward to sailing with you all. Its going to be epic!

Hi! We are the Richard Family and this is our 3rd Disney cruise, first on the Fantasy! Its my husband and I and our 15yo son. Looking forward to the ports (the Baths sound fantastic!) and getting some much needed rest & relaxation.
I participated in an FE once, but don't plan on doing it this trip. However, the Mixology meetup sound really fun if one gets organized!

Getting excited for this cruise! We are traveling with a large group but my cabin will be me and DH, DS 7, DD 5, and DD 1.

I meant to post at the end of the posts- not a reply! Doing this on my phone is messing me up!

• Children ages
  • Celebrating anything?
  • Stateroom #

Thank you for starting the FE Group! We would like to participate:
Name(s) and how many people crusing: There are 3 of us cruising: Me (Kristen), my husband (Matt) and our daughter Kaedence
  • Children ages Kaedence will be 9
  • Celebrating anything?
  • Stateroom #8008
  • Interested in mixology? Not sure what this is
  • would you like a small group of 10 or a group of 20? Either size group is fine...whatever works for you. Thanks!

Hello cruisers!!! We booked this on opening day (seems like forever ago) and can't believe it is almost here. This will be our 35th DCL cruise and 4th time on the Fantasy. Magic will always be my favorite as we sailed her Maiden Voyage on July 30th, 1998 and that was our first cruise ever. Fell in love with DCL and cruising and the rest is history!!!

We are a very large group travelling. Our son and DIL got engaged on the Fantasy back in 2012 and now they are bringing their DD (my GDD) who will be celebrating her first birthday onboard!!! Our other granddaughter is coming as well. Can't wait to get the next generation hooked on DCL!! We are so excited to cruise with family and friends again. I guess we have about 10 or 11 cabins going on this cruise.

Going to do WDW for a few days ahead of time but staying in Port Canaveral the night before the cruise. Definitely want to the Baths in Tortola but didn't book excursions anywhere else as we have been to St. Thomas many times and just going to play it by ear there.

Enjoy all the last minute planning and if anyone has questions please let me know. We have been on many itineraries and all the ships and I love talking DCL!!

MJ

Hi Melissa - So glad you are willing to start the FE list. It sounds like fun. This will be our first cruise EVER! Here's our info:
It's just 2 of us: Single mom Patti (me) and my daughter Teaghan who will be 17 by then. We're in room 2056. We're kind of celebrating my birthday as it happens to be 2 days before departure, while we're driving down from NJ. As far as group #s, I'm fine with whatever anyone else wants. Not sure what mixology is!?
Counting the days!
Patti
My birthday is the 11th too! Very excited to participate on our first FE!

You can now book the character breakfast and Frozen and Princess meet and greet on the cruise line page by clicking on explore activities and picking a sea day and clicking on onboard fun. I just booked all three for day 3 of cruise.

You can now book the character breakfast and Frozen and Princess meet and greet on the cruise line page by clicking on explore activities and picking a sea day and clicking on onboard fun. I just booked all three for day 3 of cruise.
Thanks so much for that info! I'll have to check it out!

I read somewhere that on the other side of Castaway Cay they have water slides & rope swings. Does anyone know if this is true? TIA

I read somewhere that on the other side of Castaway Cay they have water slides & rope swings. Does anyone know if this is true? TIA
They have a water slide that you swim to. It is fun. I don't recall the rope swings but they may have added them since my last stop there.

They have a water slide that you swim to. It is fun. I don't recall the rope swings but they may have added them since my last stop there.
I wonder if that's what that little tram is for. Have you ever taken it?

I have taken the tram occasionally when going with people who have difficulty walking. I enjoy walking the trail from the ship to the Island because they have characters along the way to get pictures with. They have a tram to the adult section also but again, I enjoy the walk. Nice scenery along the way and some time to get a little exercise in.

• Children ages
  • Celebrating anything?
  • Stateroom #

Hi everyone! Very excited for this cruise! This is my husband and I's 15th cruise, and my grandchildren's 7th and 5th. We will definitely be doing fish extenders.. Did them for the first time last year and had so much fun!
  • Name(s) and how many people cruising: Myself (Diane), my husband Joe, my granddaughter Molly and my grandson Joey
  • Children ages: Molly is 15. Joey is 12.
  • Celebrating anything?
  • Stateroom #6090
  • Interested in mixology? nope
  • would you like a small group of 10 or a group of 20? group of 20 please!
    :tinker:

We have our breakfast at 8:45 on Day 3 and our M&G's on Thursday, our DGG 1st Birthday!!!

MJ

Hey so glad so many people are interested in the FE so I had some last minute changes and won't get to make this trip :sad: which I am so sad about!!! but I wanted to pass of the FE organizer torch so everyone can still participate let me know who wants to do that!

Have an amazing cruise everyone!!!

Hello friends! I've been researching excursion options outside of the Disney options. Nothing was quite the right fit for us for our St. Thomas and Tortola stops. We're already familiar with the islands and have been there several times before (not on cruises). I'm wondering if anyone else is interested in a day at Soggy Dollar bar/White Sands on Jost Van Dyke? And/Or...a chartered ride directly to St. John for the day? I've located some companies that are willing to do these trips, and the cost would decrease if we added a few more to the excursion (for example, around $100 per person ...plus about $40 CASH only for customs on Jost Van Dyke since it's BVI). There are public ferries available, but the timing isn't ideal. A private tour/charter is the better option. Please let me know if anyone is interested, and I can send you the information. There are quite a few options and prices will vary - but want to put it out there! Best wishes, Bridget

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter