Disney Fantasy Cruise February 20, 2016

The clothing requirements are "starting" to worry me....
No requirements at all actually. Some people bring clothes for each of the theme days, some only participate in one or two and others don't dress up for any. You can wear shorts and tee shirts for the whole cruise if that's your preference. Do whatever makes you comfortable and do what you will enjoy - if it's worrying you or making you feel stressed then I wouldn't do it. It's suppose to all be for fun - once it isn't fun, I don't do it!

It is a lot to pack, we had one suitcase that was just for our "theme day" clothes. But pick and choose what will fit and how to make it work. For the dress clothes, no matter how neatly I tried to fold them they were going to need to be pressed (which is fairly inexpensive on the ship), so I rolled them all up really tight. Pirate night wasn't as important to me, so I just made 4 pirate t-shirts and left it at that in order to not take up more space. We ended up with three large suitcases for the four of us, plus a couple backpacks. My son wants to bring his Darth Vader costume on our cruise and my daughter wants to go full fledged pirate, so I may have to pick and choose a little differently this time!

Last edited:
It can be a lot too pack, but we are lucky and can drive down. I am also a chronic over packer, so nobody in my family thought anything of all our suitcases. Lol

This is my family on Pirate Night..Packing all of that required a few garment bags and a suitcase just for one theme..We don't know what we are doing for Star Wars night, but I'm hoping it doesn't require carrying quite as much.

Attachments

• piratenight1.jpg
    piratenight1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 12
This is my family on Pirate Night..Packing all of that required a few garment bags and a suitcase just for one theme..We don't know what we are doing for Star Wars night, but I'm hoping it doesn't require carrying quite as much.

I may buy themed t-shirts... or go all out. It depends on my energy level and my son's desire. Personally, I'd be satisfied with walking around and looking at everyone's awesome costumes. ;) Oh, and saying "Arrrr", "Ye matey", "That be right", and "Shiver me timbers" a lot.

No requirements at all actually. Some people bring clothes for each of the theme days, some only participate in one or two and others don't dress up for any. You can wear shorts and tee shirts for the whole cruise if that's your preference. Do whatever makes you comfortable and do what you will enjoy - if it's worrying you or making you feel stressed then I wouldn't do it. It's suppose to all be for fun - once it isn't fun, I don't do it!

I second this! Do what makes you feel comfortable. There is such a wide range of dress up/down at the meals it makes no difference. For my family, there is NO way I'm getting them in ties and sport coats, it just ain't happening! Dress shirts and khakis is about as much as I can get the boys to do.

And for the pirate night - they will have accessories, hats, etc… and sell them in the shops, or on a cart in the library before the PM. Nobody judges, and everyone just does what they feel comfortable with!

I second this! Do what makes you feel comfortable. There is such a wide range of dress up/down at the meals it makes no difference. For my family, there is NO way I'm getting them in ties and sport coats, it just ain't happening! Dress shirts and khakis is about as much as I can get the boys to do.

And for the pirate night - they will have accessories, hats, etc… and sell them in the shops, or on a cart in the library before the PM. Nobody judges, and everyone just does what they feel comfortable with!

I already ordered our "tuxedo" t-shirts and I may do the same for pirate night. Or, I could go all geeky and get a Pi-rate t-shirt. Now, that's classy!

This is probably in these threads somewhere... But, can we bring our own snorkel equipment and use it at the ports?

Okay... hit the current HUGE sales for swim wear and summer clothes... I KNOW our cruise is 284 days away, but the sales will be OVER by then :P
DBF and I are set... All "dinner" clothes are purchased... my DD was shocked (again) that we'll be "dressing up" for dinners (what do you MEAN I can't wear shorts to dinner??:scared1:) As she's still growing (ACK!) I can't really nail down her clothes until late summer:confused: Though if she doesn't pass school this semester she won't be going anyway :-)furious:) I know... I'm a HUGE meany! But I WILL use any leverage I have to make her do what she NEEDS to do!

I'm thinking of hitting the "end of summer" sales for snorkling equipment at least for my DBF. The idea of used mouth pieces is kind of yucky... I have my own stuff from my scuba set...
:darth::chewy: I can't wait... I SOOO need this vacation!

Does anyone know when WDW room rates open up for 2016? Trying to schedule the "pre" cruise visit and no reservations after December 31st can be scheduled :cat:

Does anyone know when WDW room rates open up for 2016? Trying to schedule the "pre" cruise visit and no reservations after December 31st can be scheduled :cat:

You can call and make reservations now, but online opens in a few months. I recommend booking soon BC that is the week of the Princess Half Marathon.

The clothing requirements are "starting" to worry me....

I do my own thing.
The very first cruise I went on - I participated in each night dressing up, dress shoes, etc. But, upon reflecting on my cruise after-the-fact... I felt I was having to change my clothes all the time; swim trunks, clothes around the ship, dress clothes; just too much time wasted. And the luggage was just too much / heavy.
I just wear my normal clothes which is a polo shirt and khaki shorts. So I blend in.
Just be comfortable and be yourself - then your vacation will be what you want it to be; your vacation!!

This is probably in these threads somewhere... But, can we bring our own snorkel equipment and use it at the ports?

Yes, but not at the port exactly… some places have a beach nearby, some ports you will need to walk or take a taxi to a local beach.

When we were in Cozumel last year, we did the Dolphin experience at Chakkanaab (sp?). The price includes all day admission to the park, so we then snorkeled at the one area there, with our own equipment.

Has anyone checked prices lately? Our room has now doubled in price since when we booked last November...

Has anyone checked prices lately? Our room has now doubled in price since when we booked last November...

I just checked and our room category is the same as it was 2 1/2 weeks after the Star Wars events were announced back in February. That seems to be when it peaked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter