• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Fantasy June 20, 2015 Eastern Caribbean

mamarti1

Earning My Ears
I didn't see a thread for this cruise yet, so I thought I'd start one!

Disney Fantasy June 20, 2015
Eastern Caribbean

I'm new to Disney cruising and these forums, but I can't wait :yay:

Okay - since this is going to be our official meet thread, I've decided to edit my post to include the information from the other meet thread. IrishCowboy was unable to merge the two and I'm unable to figure out who the moderator is for these boards to make the magic pixiedust: happen - so this seems to be the easiest way. :goodvibes I'll note over there for anyone who might be following that thread to come join us over here :thumbsup2

7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy - Itinerary A
June 20 - 27, 2015

mapEastern7night_zpsbb922428.jpg

Hello fellow cruisers!! Can it ever be too early to start a meet group? Well, maybe, but I'm so excited about crusing again next year, I just can't contain myself!!

We moved our cruise from Spring Break 2015 to this date! Can't wait to go back to St. Maarten and St. Thomas and most of all Castaway Cay - best island EVER! This will be our fifth DCL cruise. Yeah, finally going to reach gold status :cool1:. We'll be celebrating our 25th Anniversary (a few weeks early) on this cruise :woohoo:
We are me (Lubi, aka nc_tink), (DH) Brian; (DS) Connor (17, at time of cruise) and (DS) Kieran (15, at time of cruise)

This post will be updated with information about FE Lists, Meets, etc.

Looking for volunteers!
  • FE List organizer: Tigger/Pooh4
    Instructions:

FE Exchange

What is a fish extender exchange? If you're not familiar with what a fish extender exchange is, check out these links: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639

To join up please send an PM to me or an email. Please list the following:
    1. Your DISboard name or nickname you wish to go by.
    2. Stateroom Number
    3. Names, ages and gender of everyone in your stateroom that will be participating in the FE Exchange. The initial of your last name.
    4. Email address

Once I receive your PM, I will send out a list of participants. PLEASE check the list to make sure I have your information correct. Some people make personalized things with names on them and I'd hate to spell someone's name wrong and not know it. Or I'd really feel awful if I have your stateroom number wrong and you don't get any FE gifts at all! So, please double check my list when I send it. THANKS!!

We will be doing a confirmation of all group participants at 75 days to the cruise to make sure you are still on this cruise and want to participate in the FE so please do not disappear. Anyone who does confirm will be deleted from the FE. The current list of players is posted here: (I will post a link here once I get a few participants)

Group size: We will determine whether the group needs to split up depending on the number of participants and group preference. I have groups that did not want to split up into several smaller groups vs group that only wanted small groups. We can poll once we get a feel as to the numbers. We will also have a late joiners group for all those who come after the initial cutoff.

Current FE guidelines

Budgets: That is YOUR OWN personal decision. Minimum and maximum amounts to spend WILL NOT be assigned. Only you know how much you can afford/want to spend on it so that is up to you completely.

Gifts: Do not feel bad if you give only 1 gift per cabin/family. DW and I did this last time, that's what our budget was. If you want to and have the budget to give adult gifts and kid gifts that's fine too. Our last FE consisted of some people who gave to everybody and others, like us, who just gave for the entire cabin or family if there was more than 1 cabin. As long as it is heartfelt and fun, that's all we're looking for here.

Homemade/crafts: Again, your personal choice. If you enjoy doing this type of stuff and have the time/budget(often cheaper btw) then have a blast and do whatever you feel like. If you are not the craftsy type, please go right ahead and just buy your gifts. Any and all types are appreciated.

Theme: No over riding particular theme you must adhere to. If you have for your gifts, as many people like to do (Cruise meet theme, or Pirate night for example) then that's great. If you just want to be random and give fun stuff, the more the merrier. You must give a gift if you are signing up!! I've seen a couple of mentions that some people are not giving stuff, just hoarding. I really would hate to see that happen here. This is about the GIVING.

Lots of information regarding FEs can be found here:

FE 101
More Fish Extender Information
How to make a No Sew Fish Extender

Who else is coming with us?
Hi! Actually just started one earlier today, but it hasn't made the "sticky" list yet for 2015. Hopefully moderators will be able to combine the two threads -- please feel free to look at the other thread http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3256400 :thumbsup2

I have added your threads to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great cruise!

Were on this one. Family of 4. DD(10 at time of cruise) and DS(5 at time of cruise). Also, have another family of 4 with us with kiddos about the same age.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

:welcome: aboard murphy121600 and family!!

It's a little slow right now, but I'm sure it'll all pick up as more join and we get closer and closer to the date. :thumbsup2

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only

weeks to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

We're in! Hello to everyone!
It's Jim (thepops) Teresa (DW), Kiera (DD), Alyson (DD) and Linda (DD). This is a repeat for us of the 2013 Father's Day Fantasy cruise. It's going to be a blast!

Welcome Aboard Jim, Teresa, Kiera, Alyson, and Linda!

I'm excited that we'll be on for Father's Day too!! My DH gets an extra-special day which he so deserves :thumbsup2

We're on board as well. Our third cruise and first time on the Fantasy.

Myself, DW, DS(10), and DD(14) - at least those will be their ages when we sail next year.

Thanks for setting up the thread! Now for a whole lotta waiting...

We're on board as well. Our third cruise and first time on the Fantasy.

Myself, DW, DS(10), and DD(14) - at least those will be their ages when we sail next year.

Thanks for setting up the thread! Now for a whole lotta waiting...

WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

Just got off the Magic and signed up for this cruise while onboard!!!! Looking forward to a longer vacation on a boat!!

Hello!

We just signed up for this cruise too! This will be our third DCL cruise, first on the Fantasy. It will be myself, DH, and DD (12) and DS (9), plus additional family in 2 other cabins.

Can't wait to start planning!:)

First time cruisers here! It will be me and DD who will be 11 at the time. We've also invited along my niece who will be 16 at the time of the cruise. It's possible she'll decide not to go, but for now we're counting on her being with us.

I'm so excited. We have a 9 night WDW vacation planned for the end of May and I think DD is more excited about this cruise than the more immediate WDW trip. :)

:welcome: aboard to all the newcomers to the June 20 2015 Eastern Fantasy :=)) Only 63 weeks to the cruise. If you have any questions regarding the ship or itinerary please feel free to ask away.

First time cruisers here! It will be me and DD who will be 11 at the time. We've also invited along my niece who will be 16 at the time of the cruise. It's possible she'll decide not to go, but for now we're counting on her being with us.

I'm so excited. We have a 9 night WDW vacation planned for the end of May and I think DD is more excited about this cruise than the more immediate WDW trip. :)

:welcome:Maggie'sMom!

I completely understand about the excitement. My teens love the cruises -- they've told me that they prefer DCL over the parks!

First time cruisers here as well! We are me (Steph), DH Chris, DD Ella (9) and DS Ethan (7). My parents and brother will also be on the cruise. Now time to wait...at least we have a Disneyland trip planned for this summer!

SO EXCITED to go on our very first cruise ever!!! We are a family of 4 from Middle Tennessee: Myself, DH Eric, DD Jenna (10) and DS Ethan (8). The kids will be 11 & 9 when we cruise.

We surprised our kids with our first trip to Disney World last October and you can definitely say that we caught the Disney bug :lovestruc We are going back to Disney World in December and it just can't get here quick enough!

We booked this cruise to celebrate our 15yr Wedding Anniversary! Since our kiddos are such a huge part of our 15yr marriage, we decided we definitely wanted to include them in whatever we planned vs. going just the two of us. What better way than a brand new Disney experience!!! :hyper: The kids have no clue, so the cruise will be another big surprise trip for them........I LOVE surprises!

First time cruisers here as well! We are me (Steph), DH Chris, DD Ella (9) and DS Ethan (7). My parents and brother will also be on the cruise. Now time to wait...at least we have a Disneyland trip planned for this summer!

:welcome:Steph, Chris, Ella and Ethan!!

SO EXCITED to go on our very first cruise ever!!! We are a family of 4 from Middle Tennessee: Myself, DH Eric, DD Jenna (10) and DS Ethan (8). The kids will be 11 & 9 when we cruise.

We surprised our kids with our first trip to Disney World last October and you can definitely say that we caught the Disney bug :lovestruc We are going back to Disney World in December and it just can't get here quick enough!

We booked this cruise to celebrate our 15yr Wedding Anniversary! Since our kiddos are such a huge part of our 15yr marriage, we decided we definitely wanted to include them in whatever we planned vs. going just the two of us. What better way than a brand new Disney experience!!! :hyper: The kids have no clue, so the cruise will be another big surprise trip for them........I LOVE surprises!

:welcome:Melanie, Eric, Jenna and Ethan!

Melanie -- I so agree!! We're celebrating our 25th and our boys are coming too! They also came with us when we celebrated our 20th on the Magic in the Mediterranean. Since my kids were born, I've cruised once (celebrated 10th Anniversary) without my kids and swore I would never do it again. Long story -- but it was during hurricane season and a 4 day mini-vacation turned into an almost week long nightmare of closed ports, cancelled flights, etc. and two very unhappy boys who thought Mom and Dad were only going to be gone 4 sleeps :) Of course, they're much older now, but I still don't want to go on major vacations without them :)

Welcome! We are also celebrating our anniversary on the cruise - it will be our 12th anniversary and first Disney Cruise! ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter