Disney Fantasy Kids Club

Melissa_T

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We are currently booked for a Western Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy next April over spring break. I will have an eight-year-old boy and a four-year-old boy. One of the big incentives for my husband and I in spending the extra money for a Disney cruise is that it seems like the kids clubs are a step above, and ideally my boys will actually want to spend some time there, vs us feeling guilty stealing some adult time. can anyone tell me about their experience with similar aged boys? Do they actually want to hang out there?

Thanks in advance!

Most kids love it. Our kids never wanted to leave. On a cruise, kids are probably interested in swimming and the club. Everything else is boring when you could be swimming or playing at the club. There is so much in the clubs from organized activities to just freely roaming to play. Best to take them on open house (first day) so they can see what is there. Then drop them off and check on them every few hours. Chances are they will love the club. The Navigator also lists daily activities they may like. But if your kids like to play without parents, they should love the club.

We did the WC cruise also on the Fantasy with two girls, who were 3 and 7 at the time. I liked that they could both go to the same areas, just gave me a bit of a sense of security I guess. We went the first day to open house and then the next day they wanted to go for about an hour. The next night they wanted to go back after dinner with friends they'd just met. From then on the girls loved to go. Now they didn't want to miss swimming and fun during the day, but after dinner or during down time they were wanting to go and play with kids their own age.

If kids assimilate quickly it will help. Some kids don't take to the clubs at all.

I don't have a son, but my 9 year old daughter keeps telling me to plan lots of things for myself on our upcoming cruise so that she can have more time in the kids club. She loved it last year when she was 8 and can't wait to spend more time there.

My 9 year old daughter has always loved the clubs to the point she cries on the last night when it's time to leave.mi strongly advise going to open house so they can look around and check navigator for specific programs they might like. wacky science was particularly enjoyable

My 8 year old boy spent more time in the kids club than with me. I took him after breakfast and then picked him up for lunch. Then he went right back until I got him to change for dinner.

He sometimes did their planned activities, sometimes played on his own (we were on the Magic and he and some other kids loved playing dinosaurs in andys room). He played more video games than I would've liked but I figured it was his vacation too so why limit him.

I think the kids club is what officially made me a Disney cruise fan. I'm a single mom so it's just the two of us so we spend ALL our free time together. So a DCL cruise was really a vacation for both of us where we could do our own thing rather than one of us just going along with the other (not that we haven't had great vacations in the past too).

My 4 year old boy liked it a lot in the end last year, but would have been happier with a sibling or friend to start with (our daughter was only 2). There was lots of great stuff to do, and the CMs were great, but the first few days he was a little shy. Then, of course, by the end of the cruise he was begging to go back, but we'd run out of time! So, anyway, I think 4 & 8 year old siblings would have a lot of fun there together.

Thank you all so much! Sounds like it varies a bit depending on your child's personality, but I'm optimistic!

Melissa

There's a lot to do between the Club and the Lab. If your kids are shy or if they are more outdoors- or sports-oriented, they may not enjoy it as much. However, I think the vast majority of kids, regardless of gender, really love these areas.

Your 4-y.o. will probably like the Club more, and your 9-y.o. will probably prefer the Lab.

Newbie question. Is space limited? In other words, does it require advance registration or early morning waiting in line? I asked because I have been to Aulani before and those who have know what I am talking about. Thanks.

LAX

Newbie question. Is space limited? In other words, does it require advance registration or early morning waiting in line? I asked because I have been to Aulani before and those who have know what I am talking about. Thanks.

LAX
They will not allow more children to book on the cruise than there is space in the clubs for their age group. So there is always space any time they want to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter