• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney for a Three-Year Old

Most kids 3 and under (possibly event 4 and under) won't remember 90% of what you do with/for them. But that doesn't stop most parents from doing things during those years (zoo, festivals, egg hunts, trick or treating, classes, etc.). Enjoy every stage while they are in it, take lots of pictures, and enjoy your child! :yay:

My grandson definitely remembers things from his first trip aged 3. I'm hoping Granddaughter (3) will remember somethings too. Definitely when reminded regularly with photos hugging Minnie etc! Today she was playing with her new Anna doll with reindeer and sleigh and I heard her saying - "for your own safety keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times", how cute is that :)

I would say go while you can still pick cheaper dates rather than waiting til kids are in school. Many schools today strongly discourage taking kids out of school for a week to go to Disney. So if you wait until kids are in school, you may find yourself having to limit your trip to a time period the kids are out of school... a time period most families are trying to go to Disney driving up the prices.

And thinking along those lines, now would also be a good time to look into a Disney Cruise for the same reasons.

My grandson definitely remembers things from his first trip aged 3. I'm hoping Granddaughter (3) will remember somethings too.

My parents took me when I was 3 and I don't remember a thing. But over the years they've told the same stories about the trip and shared photos to the point where I feel like I have memories based on those photos/stories, lol! I'm taking my son for his 3rd birthday in 2 weeks, and while I expect the memories to fade I do believe he'll "remember" things based on the photo book I'm going to create from our trip photos.

I didn't read through all the responses but I would say bring her right before she turns 3. That way you don't have to pay for a park ticket for her. Save some $ now if you can.

Our trips when our girls were 2 1/2 were very memorable.

I didn't read through all the responses but I would say bring her right before she turns 3. That way you don't have to pay for a park ticket for her. Save some $ now if you can.

Our trips when our girls were 2 1/2 were very memorable.

This, for sure!!! We went with ODD a week before she turned 3 (it was my birthday) and we had so much fun! Sure there were tantrums, but of those were due to hangry/tired or both. Not only do you save on a park ticket but also any one-price meals (buffets, CRT, etc) they are free, too. I believe we took ODD to CRT on that trip and although we assumed we'd just share our food with her, the servers brought her her own food and everything. We "saved" a ton of money on that trip! We will be doing the same thing for YDD's 3rd birthday, which is around Thanksgiving next year. Perfect excuse for a Thanksgiving trip. :)

As for kids "not remembering..." they remember a lot. YDD was 21 months when we were there in August, and she has developed an obsession with Minnie. She likes Mickey too, but LOVES Minnie. Not in the large characters you meet (then it's freakout time), but on clothing, in pictures, as stuffed toys... She loves her Minnie PJs now.

We just got back with our three year old, and it was truly magical for her. That said, I feel like our park days were pretty short, and we definitely didn't fit everything in. We went back to our room after lunch for her to nap, and I really wish we had waited until she was a little older and stopped napping. As long as you are prepared to go slow and change plans to accommodate what she wants to do (i.e., we skipped a lot of fast passes because she preferred meeting characters over rides), you will have a great time.

Here is my 3 year old in the front with me. , our 6 year old with mommy. Yes it's worth it! The first pic is also my Avatar. She was also able to ride a lot last year when we went in November and she was 2! Were a tall family lol. Your 3 year old will have a blast! just do it! :) MK_MINETRAIN_20170908_8095435665small.jpg STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORBRIDE_20170909_8095975237 (2)1.jpg EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_20170909_8095801792small.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter