• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney for FL Residents? Is it worth it?

asp7800

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are retired military and moved down to FL last year (only 50 miles from Mickey) with our two young sons (who have serious medical life threatening conditions) crowds/germs are always a concern but they still have to be boys! We figure we can avoid summer and Christmas but is it really worth it cost wise if you can only go a few times a year? Anyone know of the least busy time? I have heard the beginning of Dec is good as we are trying to decide what is the least busy time for our youngest who will be getting a WISH from MAW! Thanks so much, this forum is amazing!

If you are asking about an AP only you can decide that. Just try to calculate how many times you will go, eat stay and your anticipated savings based on the discount vs paying full price.
If you are asking about the resident discount then yes of course it's worth it. After all it's a discount off full price! ;)
As far as least busy times we really like October-the first week of Dec but those dates are far more popular now then they were in years past.

We <3 our AP! But we save a little by opting for Florida Gold. The ONLY blackout the entire year is the week of Christmas and New Years. We went on Christmas one year....ummmm never again haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter