Disney Forced Me...

Hopkins

DIS Veteran
Disney Cruise Line and Disney Vacation Club have forced me into taking more interesting vacations. Hubby and I were doing the same old thing. California (all over the state) and WDW. With DCL we've seen or will see in January the Bahamas, St. Martin, St. Thomas, Key West, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Who knew! Also, since we are DVC member we have gone to Hilton Head to their resort there. We probably would have never done that.

My point: thanks Disney for making us see more stuff, doing activities we wouldn't normally try and countries that we would have never seen and showing them with a Disney twist, too!

How about you?

Tina :)

I had been talking to a friend and mentioned how much better traveled my 12 yo is than I ever was! He has been to Cozumel, Grand Caymen, St. Thomas, St. Maartin, Nassau, Jamaica (ok, not on Dis) and to nearly every state in the union (again, not because of Dis)...BUT, we wouldn't have gone to half the places outside of the country if we hadn't been on a Dis ship. We probably would never have gone to California had it not been to compare Dis Land with Dis world, and we probably wouldn't have traveled all the way to Florida if it weren't for the Dis cruise and Dis world.
Anyhow, glad we have the option of disney vacationing, it adds that extra flare we are sometimes hesitant to try!:)

Lisa

yup- definately agree

This is DH & DS10.5 first time ever out of the country. I dont know about you but do many of your kids friends have the experience of being out of country?

And before we step on the Magic Nov 30th I will have next years Wilderness Lodge vaca already booked. I couldnt stand the idea of not having something to look forward to when they pull me off the ship.

Order two appetizers and two desserts
Drink a Bloody Mary at 10.00am
Parasail
Scrapbook
Pin trade
Have my photo taken
Eat brunch
Interact with a dolphin
Tip a Mariachi band to play "La Cucaracha"
Get up at 5.30am to see the sunrise (actually to clear US immigration but I like see the upside!)

and on and on and on (and that's just DCL - don't get me started on WDW!)

Oh man can I relate to the Disney forced me to scrapbook comment! Before our first cruise I had seen some of this and just kept saying who has time to do this sort of stuff!

I now have a room devoted to scrapbooking and my "stuff"...need I say more?:rolleyes:

Deb

Yes-- DCL is forcing my DH and DS5 out of the country for the first time. This will also be DH's first time further East in the US than Arizona!! All of the stops on the Western itinerary are places I have always wanted to go, but never would have gone to seperately on short trips. Thanks, DCL!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter