Disney+ Free Dining

I just booked for September at All Star Movies. Surprised Movies was included in free dining and at same price as Sports and Music. Just took the included quick service. For years I've always paid the difference and upgraded to table service. But with the new dining plan, the upgrade for adults isn't realistic and prohibitive for most who crunch the numbers. I'll just enjoy the more $ quick service offerings, snack credits at Food & Wine kiosks and splurge for 2 special table service meals oop. Good hunting!

I just booked for September at All Star Movies. Surprised Movies was included in free dining and at same price as Sports and Music. Just took the included quick service. For years I've always paid the difference and upgraded to table service. But with the new dining plan, the upgrade for adults isn't realistic and prohibitive for most who crunch the numbers. I'll just enjoy the more $ quick service offerings, snack credits at Food & Wine kiosks and splurge for 2 special table service meals oop. Good hunting!
I thought about the upgrade but did crunch those numbers and it didn't make sense for us. Like you - we'll probably splurge on one character meal and a couple other sit-downs, but plan to get the most out of the quick service meals (and Food and Wine Festival!)

plan to get the most out of the quick service meals
There are great more expensive quick service meals not only at Disney Springs but also in the parks. I was shocked when I was there last fall just how much quick service has improved over the past few years but also how pricey some of that food is. Not our parents chicken nuggets and hotdogs anymore :thumbsup2

I booked music because movies was more expensive for our dates. It was nominal but I don’t have little kids that care about the theming. We didn’t upgrade either, I’m getting really excited to try all the quick serve options that I haven’t tried before because we were too full or chose our favourites when we had the standard.

So exited I was able to book the Disney+ Free Dining deal this morning! We already had a 9 day for 4 with the QS Dining Plan at CBR, and updating our reservation saved us $2000!
It's a great option imo. I see you have 4 persons so that's when the value of it really kicks in!!!!. There will be many here on the boards who will say how much they don't like it, but to each there own!!!

I have an AP so it doesn't make sense for me since I don't need tickets but I can see where the QS would if I needed tickets. I would have to do some serious spreadsheet making though. I would have to look at room discounts, how much tickets would cost if I bought them at a discount reseller, what if I wanted to go for 5 nights instead of 4. The full blown dining package doesn't make sense for the way I eat since even if I'm eating QS I eat a kids meal, I just don't eat large meals.

I have an AP so it doesn't make sense for me since I don't need tickets but I can see where the QS would if I needed tickets. I would have to do some serious spreadsheet making though. I would have to look at room discounts, how much tickets would cost if I bought them at a discount reseller, what if I wanted to go for 5 nights instead of 4. The full blown dining package doesn't make sense for the way I eat since even if I'm eating QS I eat a kids meal, I just don't eat large meals.
I get that. We did the QS plan because the full plan seemed like too much food (and park time to schedule a sit-down meal every day). We'll probably do a couple sit-down meals and a character meal and just pay out of pocket for them.

We booked the Free Dining. We are four adults (21+ and all enjoy a cocktail) staying at Beach Club for 5 nights. We saved $1900 USD (as Canadians, that's about $2500 CAD I think). It is definitely worth it for us. We will enjoy the beverages with our meals that we would not normally have paid for if we didn't have the dining plan. It will be a real treat on our holiday. We are so excited.

We booked the Free Dining. We are four adults (21+ and all enjoy a cocktail) staying at Beach Club for 5 nights. We saved $1900 USD (as Canadians, that's about $2500 CAD I think). It is definitely worth it for us. We will enjoy the beverages with our meals that we would not normally have paid for if we didn't have the dining plan. It will be a real treat on our holiday. We are so excited.
Same here. I was happy to see that adult beverages are even included at many of the QS locations and in our plan as well!

Reserved our rooms at AK today. We were going to skip WDW this year but the free dining called me home! I priced every which way and it was definitely cheaper for us to go with the offer. We enjoy several table service restaurants so it made my day. We haven't traveled in September for awhile but we've never minded the heat. It's been super cold the last few days and days to come so bring on the heat!! My only problem, I can't get the reservations linked to our account, what a headache.

I was able to add this to our existing package this morning. I'm giddy with excitement about it, LOL! We've actually never bought the dining plan before because I wasn't sure the convenience over cost would actually kick in for us, so could never quite bring myself to pull the trigger on it. Now I get to try it for free! And I can remove the majority of the "food" line item from our budget. So excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter