Disney French Quarter or POP

I would choose POFQ for the larger rooms and the smaller resort. If you are worried about budget though and would save a significant amount them POP is a good value with the skyliner transportation.

I'll go against the grain and say Pop. It's my favorite resort and the fact that it's on the Skyliner line makes it so much more desirable. It was so nice not to have the deal with the bus depot at Epcot this last trip.

Agree- love them both but POFQ will win. Boat to DS, Hot Tub, small resort, special NEAT splash pad for littles, slide at the pool.

French Quarter if your budget allows. We absolutely love the entire PO complex. Lots of other things to do at Riverside as well and only a 10 minute walk. It is by far our favorite resort at WDW including the deluxes.

For me it depends on the difference in cost. I love POFQ and always will but if it’s significantly higher I would go with pop because it’s a great resort too. I just don’t expect the same experience when we stay there. The skyliner is a huge plus if you like that though

I love POFQ. But POP is always much less. IMHO. Saving money is a big deal. So I choose POP. However. If you can get POFQ for just say 20.00-30.00 more per night. I’d go there. When we stay there it’s with a military savings or pin that makes it worth it. Otherwise. It’s a value

POFQ is, IMO, a nicer resort. If it’s in your budget and you plan to spend time at the resort pool, etc., I’d go with that.

Pop is cool and has the skyliner. If you plan to spend a lot of time in HS and Epcot, and relatively little time at the resort, I’d go with Pop.

Is there a significant difference in price? If you splurge on POFQ, will you have to give up something else?

French Quarter is my absolute favorite resort I enjoy it even over the 2 deluxe we have stayed at in the past and if you have very young children toting them to your room is so much easier when its just a 5 minute walk comparted to a 10-12 minute jaunt.

French Quarter is a lot nicer, a lot better themed, and a lot quieter than Pop. It's also a bit smaller. I'd stay there if there's not too much of a difference in price. Pop is good for what it is, and the Skyliner makes it a lot more desirable, but I still prefer French Quarter.

I was super underwhelmed with FQ. I would rather stay at POP and use the skyliner.

Skyliner is a huge bonus for POP, but I think it depend on what you're looking for. I have nothing against POP, but for me the resort is an escape from the craziness of the parks. I find in general that POP does not give me that escape and is just more of the craziness. I love French Quarter for the laid back atmosphere and quiet. It's especially great when I'm there for a race weekend since it's less walking and one bus stop.

I love POFQ, but I'm cheap and don't spend much time at the resort so I usually stay at Pop.

Very open ended question here the answer may depend upon other factors you have left out, such who will be on this trip with you?

But for me I really like POFQ. But with the new Skyliner it might be fun but it will be a busy resort.

My 2 cents

In the past I would say POFQ without a doubt, but after the room rennos and addition of the skyliner I would go with the pop. It is significantly cheaper most of the time.

For me it depends on park hours, if I'm back at the resort by 9ish it's POFQ (bar/lounge, easy access to disney springs)

If parks are open until 11ish, it's Pop (shower/sleep)

I still love POFQ, but I just got back from my second stay at Pop and the Skyliner is awesome! I spent sooo much time at DHS and it was wonderful to hop on the Skyliner. If I were spending a lot of time at DHS and Epcot, I would go Pop for sure (unless you do not want to use the Skyliner).

If you're spending a lot of time at MK, AK, DS, or are avoiding the Skyliner, and it's in your budget, POFQ is lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter