Disney gave us a refund!

JayCT

DIS Veteran
After we got back from our May trip to the Poly, we received a survey from Disney asking about our experience. I was not pleased that we had to wait for our room (which was not what we requested) the day we got there and again when we changed rooms the next day. I also complained because the elevator was not working for two days and a few other minor things.

Anyway, a month later I received a telephone message from Disney about the survey asking to call their Customer Service department. After playing telephone tag for a week or two, the Customer Service guy got me one day when I was sick and really not in the mood to talk. He apologized for bothering me, apologized for the problems with our visit and said he was giving us a credit on our Visa. I said fine and that I would call him back next week.

Well I never got ahold of him, but my wife received a $400 credit on her Visa this month. Needless to say, we were pleased. HAs anyone else received this type of credit?

No. Although our concerns were nothing serious. Just enough I wanted to bring it management's attention for future POR guests.
I only received a brief phone call telling me to expect another phone call -- that never materialized. :rolleyes: But from POR, that didn't surprise me.

LOL, Jay....I can see all the posts coming....."Who do I talk to to get my complimentary refund"??????...And..."Does it come with towel animals and chocolate strawberries"?????

Congrats !!! Last year I sent back 2 unhappy responses/surveys about our Beach Club stay and I received nothing......not even a call.

I chaulked it up to 9/11....as our poor stay was during that week.
;)

I received a complimentary 2-night stay at Coronado Springs after a housekeeping supervisor threatened to throw us out of our room (he claimed we were to have checked out - we weren't scheduled to check out until the next day). I was SO surprised at their offer, but definitely took them up on it. Since then I've stayed at CSR twice (once the complimentary stay and once at my expense). The 2nd stay was good. The 3rd stay was really, really nice!:p

Kerri,

Your example is exactly the type of response that will bring repeat business and cause the guest to go home and say good things about the resort.

Sounds like the folks at the GF RPC could learn a lesson from CSR.

-Indigo :earsboy:

After a stay during the hurricane Floyd scare in 1999 a customer service rep called me and we talked for about 15 minutes. She was very nice and offered around a $300 refund for the time we missed in the parks and the 2 hour line to get food at Port Orleans. I was very impressed since the weather was not Disney's fault! It was a LONG wait to eat that night though:) They stopped running busses and if you did not have a car you were stuck at your hotel since a lot of cabs were not running either. Only the food courts were open. I felt bad for people with little kids waiting for food. The CM's were great that night. We saw front desk and baggage CM's filling in at the food court! They also gave everyone 50% off food that night. We got our mugs for cheap. What was really sad were all the loosers just TAKING the mugs (they were stacked near the lines for food) and walking out with them!!! Nice...

We stayed at CBR in June, as part of a land/sea package, and our last night when we ate at the sit down restaurant, I wound up getting food poisoning! My cruise part of the vacation wasn't what I had hoped for, so when we got home, I wrote a letter to Customer Service. Now, I could have been mean and nasty,making a big deal about how I saved for this trip, only to have it spoiled (could someone cue the violins for me? LOL!) but I decided to just state the facts. I am still waiting for a reply, which kinda surprises me, I figured they'd at least respond to my letter. Never got a survey either (guess they don't want to hear from some one who complains so much!

Back in '94 we showed up at OKW for our 8 day vacation to discover they had no rooms. Hello? Everything was paid in full. They picked up the first night's rate plus the cost of the package for that day.

On my first stay at the Poly they could not find the ECV that Walker had delivered for me the night before. They did show that one of their employees signed for it when it was delivered but they had no idea what happened to it. We lost a day at the park and total frustration (walker was totally out of carts and it took all day into the next day for a replacment to be located). We were given 1/2 a nights room credit , they paid Walker for my ECV that trip (Walker finally found one for me :) ) and sent a fruit basket to our room. The approximate total less the fruit basket (have no idea how much those cost) was $350.

Knowing that they cared about our inconvience and did someting about it made me stay there a 2nd time.

One our last trip on September of 2000, we didn't exactly have the best experience at CBR (room was shabby, got the runaround from the frontdesk, CM's were rude, etc.). I wrote a letter, eventually got a phone call and spoke with someone about the situation. During our conversation, it seemed like she was saying that they would help me out if I wanted to stay there again in the future. She never actually said I'd get a free stay, discounted prices, upgrades, etc. but definitely hinted greatly that if I let them know about our conversation when I made future reservations "they would take care of me". I asked for this in writing because I wasn't sure when I would be going there again, after resquesting this more than once I finally got a letter from someone there, but it really didn't say much about anything, so I don't think it would really help me much. I wasn't looking for anything free, but I can say that I probably wouldn't stay at CBR again, not only because our experience wasn't as "Disney-fied" as I expected, bt also because we'd want to try another resort. I suppose the response you get all depends on the level of your complaint and who you talk to - I'm glad to hear that some people are getting some restitution for their troubles.

Originally posted by jxh1
also because we'd want to try another resort. I suppose the response you get all depends on the level of your complaint and who you talk to - I'm glad to hear that some people are getting some restitution for their troubles.

I'm betting it has a lot to do with who you talk to. The same way it depends on who you talk to at CRO as to what answers you get. I know that there are only certian people who have the authority to give compensations but im sure that one is more willing to give a compensation then another.

I was quite surprised that they covered my expense for the ECV all I really expected the to do was find me a suitiable ECV for that trip. It's possible had a different front desk mananger been on duty that day I they would have not covered the ECV.

All in all I'm just happy they did something. Like I said knowing that my friend and I and our 2 kids had a very frustrating frist day and 1/2 and they cared about it meant a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter