Disney Genie announcement

Is Everest keeping the single rider line? If so, there's no real reason to pay extra to ride faster. Single rider moves pretty quickly.
If Disney wants to keep standby lines moving, they will keep the single rider lines at all attractions that have them (TT, EE, RR, MFSR). If they don't care whether standby moves, they'll take away the single rider options.

Lol. I guess the bolding didn't make my post clear because you still don't seem to understand what I was saying. Oh well.
Maybe you can make it exactly clearer what you are saying because you just bolded their post and told them they were wrong. If your intention was that you loved the ride and wanted to ride it over and over it appears you would be willing to do that again in the standby line or be willing to pay once to do it with the new system. What cryptic message were you trying to state by bolding part of their post and then Laughing at them that they don’t understand what you meant. I think the poster totally understood that you were saying his impression of “underwhelmed” was just wrong.

Personally I rode the ride. It was neat. Everyone should experience it at least once if they like Star Wars. But in my opinion and many others it’s not necessarily the best ride in the world. If you aren’t a Star Wars fanatic and thrilled with seeing all the nuances of the characters you love (or hate) it’s just a fun ride. I will say it is a longer ride so if you do wait in standby at least you get a longer ride at the end.

Maybe you can make it exactly clearer what you are saying because you just bolded their post and told them they were wrong. If your intention was that you loved the ride and wanted to ride it over and over it appears you would be willing to do that again in the standby line or be willing to pay once to do it with the new system. What cryptic message were you trying to state by bolding part of their post and then Laughing at them that they don’t understand what you meant. I think the poster totally understood that you were saying his impression of “underwhelmed” was just wrong.

Personally I rode the ride. It was neat. Everyone should experience it at least once if they like Star Wars. But in my opinion and many others it’s not necessarily the best ride in the world. If you aren’t a Star Wars fanatic and thrilled with seeing all the nuances of the characters you love (or hate) it’s just a fun ride. I will say it is a longer ride so if you do wait in standby at least you get a longer ride at the end.
Yep. That.

I'll be there in Dec. so will be testing out the stand by lines. I really don't anticipate needing Genie + but I'm (and my son as well) one who really doesn't mind waiting in line. I'll be there the week of Dec. 12th which is about a week before the holiday crowds get too bad so we shall see.
Us too hopefully. See you there. I agree... we will be just standing in line. I don't think it will be necessary to have a great trip.

We are AP and DVC, mid-30s & typically went 2-3 times a year. We loved going into a park for half days, doing FP+ and going back to the resort, maybe hopping for a nighttime show at Epcot or TotWL.

We can afford G+ and IAS. I don’t see the value because we don’t need to ride everything. In fact, I’m seeing less value from wdw with each new nugget of information we learn. Sure, $15 to save 90 minutes in line is logical. However, I’ll just not ride ROTR in that case. I don’t need to hit every ride in the park anymore.

We’re going to miss our old touring style with FP+. I think we’ll stay in larger DVC rooms and go less often. Buying a ticket here and there and no more APs. If we didn’t have DVC, a Disney world trip would be as much money as a trip to Hawaii…no thanks, I don’t see the value. Eventually we may even sell our DVC, something I never would have imagined 2 years ago.
For us once /year out of state folks it makes more sense. $15 to ride something we’ve been waiting a year for makes sense. But for one or two rides. Not for everything.

But it really really makes sense for the once or twice in a lifetime visitors who I believe are the vast majority of visitors

All of this makes my annual purchase of Touring Plans seem like a bargain at half the price!!

I think now more than ever, with Disney’s current inflation of posted wait times, purchasing a TP subscription will be beneficial in helping determine the choice to purchase G+ for a day here and there.
Hmmm I have been wondering if it would be worth it to purchase the TP subscription. We will be in Epcot on 10/20 & HS on 10/21. I was really hoping Genie wouldn't be starting until after that. ugh what to do!

For us once /year out of state folks it makes more sense. $15 to ride something we’ve been waiting a year for makes sense. But for one or two rides. Not for everything.

But it really really makes sense for the once or twice in a lifetime visitors who I believe are the vast majority of visitors
That is clearly what Disney is targeting. You know who helps smooth out attendance and who spends money when there are recessions? Locals, APs and DVC. Maybe things will swing back our way at some point in the future. Making everything a transaction and/or at 7AM isn’t an appealing vacation destination.

For experienced FP+ users, maybe the easiest way to think of this is:
Fast Pass lane is now the Lightning Lane
Tier 1 is now ILL$ (you pay a variable premium per attraction for Lightning Lane access)
Tier 2 is now Genie+ (you pay a flat rate for Lightning Lane access to all Tier 2 attractions)
You can't access the same Lightning Lane twice in the same day

I still really want to know how we pay for it? Can we just charge to the room or will it be like mobile order?

I still really want to know how we pay for it? Can we just charge to the room or will it be like mobile order?
I imagine that since this is not exclusive to onsite guests, that it won't be a room charge. So in that regard, I expect it to be more like mobile ordering where they charge the credit card you have on file in MDE or allow you to use a gift card as payment at the time of purchase.

I imagine that since this is not exclusive to onsite guests, that it won't be a room charge. So in that regard, I expect it to be more like mobile ordering where they charge the credit card you have on file in MDE or allow you to use a gift card as payment at the time of purchase.
Kinda what I was thinking. I hope taking the time to enter a gift card number doesn't shut out a chance of purchasing something very popular like ROTR

Kinda what I was thinking. I hope taking the time to enter a gift card number doesn't shut out a chance of purchasing something very popular like ROTR
If it works like mobile ordering, your slot is held until you confirm payment or released if you cancel.

FWIW, you can store the GC info in your phone and c/p it to mobile ordering to speed things up.

I will definitely use both Genie+ and LIghtning Lane for some days but not all of my park days.

I'm especially looking forward to being able to pay to ride Rise of the Resistance and not deal with the virtual queue. I'd happily pay $30 for my son and I to ride that at a predictable time and move on with our day. Since I've never done Remy, I'll pay for that one too. The other Lightning Lanes would depend on the day and the rest of our plans. We paid for MaxPass at Disneyland and this system seems similar.

My wife and I have a short trip coming up for Wine and Dine without the kids and I'm excited to be able to pay a little extra and get a lot more done than we otherwise would be able to.

We're going in February with the kids and in-laws and could see us buying this multiple days on that trip as well.

I'm excited to try things out in a few weeks. I get limited vacation and time off and often would be happy to pay more to get more done
Haven't been to Disney in awhile, and we last time we skipped AK, but from what I know, I will say the same.

All four of our family will definitely use Lightning Lane for: Flight of Passage at AK, Star Wars Rise or Resistance at HS.

The rest may vary (e.g. just kids getting Space Mountain at MK)

Guess the others will depend on the wait times on that day. I do really want to try Frozen, Remy at Epcot and Runaway Railway.

As for Genie+, that's a tough one. At Epcot for example, totally worth it for Soarin and Test Track...but then you can only book each ride once via Genie +, and nothing else is really worth it from what I understand with current wait times. So do we splurge and get it? We will have 2 Epcot days, so maybe we will bite the bullet for one of our days?

MK seems worth it for Genie+ as there are a lot of rides included. But both days or just one day?

At HS, I guess Genie+ is worth it just for Millennium and Slinky Dog dash, and then Toy Story and Star Tours...so most likely purchase it.

Definitely makes it interesting for a different kind of planning.

So does anyone know the process of this. Basically at 60 days out for the fast passes we all waited breathlessly for our window to open and then bam we tried to get the best rides as fast as we could. Are we basically going to be doing the same thing each day at 7 am? That sounds very stressful. Or say I go to rope drop and get to do a few big rides but missed haunted mansion or thunder mountain. It’s now 10am. Do I buy Genie+ now or would all the LL tickets be gone anyways? Also let’s say I want to ride mine train but couldn’t do it during early morning hours. Can I buy access now at say 12 noon? I know some of these questions won’t be answered until in production but wondering how it worked in DL. We are scheduled for MK about 7 days after this whole thing kicks in later this month. Still struggling to see if it will be worth it.

I haven’t come across the answers to a few things yet, and maybe they haven’t been answered.

For people who regularly park hop, stacking of the LL passes has less value, unless someone with a hopper ticket can get them for after 2 PM at a second park. For example, if we are starting at MK but planning to hop to Epcot, I might want to get a LL pass to Soarin or TT for late afternoon or early evening. I wonder if that is allowed.

Similarly, I’d like to know if someone with a hopper ticket can purchase one of the IAS passes at a second park for later in the day. I could see buying a pass for Ratatouille for later in the day and hopping to Epcot to use it. Otherwise I’m not sure if I’ll be buying IAS passes for attractions we’ve done several times in the past. Maybe ROTR if they don’t return to the VQ.
Totally agree that those two things have not been addressed and I have the same questions. I guess either later this week they'll give details like that....or... you and I will be figuring it out as we go (less attractive option!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter