Disney Genie announcement

I actually really enjoy Pooh and on busy days the line can be 45 minutes+ I'd be happy if G+ lets me skip that line. :)

In general I'm cautiously optimistic but with low crowds right now it's not a very good test. I'm excited to learn new strategies for using G+. I still think it's mostly likely beneficial at MK and DHS primarily, but time will tell. I do feel badly for those that find this won't fit their touring strategy. I'm not happy about having to pay for it, but that ship has sailed so time to move on to strategies. I liked legacy FP and I liked MaxPass and G+ seems a combination of the two, but sadly with an additional cost. We've always been early risers and rope drop people, so this works well for us. I can see using Early Entry/rope drop and G+ leading to a successful park day for the most part. Again, I'll be very curious to see G+ ride availability during busier park days before making any final decisions about when/where to utilize it.

so it's only the genie+ selections that have to be 2 hrs apart? not the ILL$?
The 2 hours apart is booking time before redemption of a pass not the ride time frame

you can book 9:00 am big thunder genie+ at 7 am (if available), ride it in 10 mins and book another pass for 9:10 am-10:10 am

Makes you wonder how much Disney is making off this per day...
My lazy Google search said Disney full capacity is 90,000ish.

Just for numbers sake lets say they were at 50% capacity. So 45,000ish people. Don't know if that's accurate.

And for number sake again lets say half of those bought just G+ so no individual rides. 22,500. again, no idea if that's accurate.

So 45,000 / 2 = 22,500
x $15 = $337,000 in terrible math that's likely wrong.

I read you can cancel LL it’s just difficult to find where to cancel them and i forget how they said it can be done. I believe I saw it on IG but can’t remember where exactly.
You can only cancel LL booked with genie+ (your rolling pass, no modifications): not the fixed LLiA$ rides

My lazy Google search said Disney full capacity is 90kish.

Just for numbers sake lets say they were at 50% capacity. So 45k people. (I'd guess higher than that)

And for number sake again lets say half of those bought just G+ so no individual rides. 22,500.

So 45,000 / 2 = 22,500
x $15 = $337,000 in terrible math that's likely wrong.
And that is just one Disney park!

What about the morning VQ's...how quick do they go?

Seconds? Minutes? Enough time to refill my coffee cup?
I didn't see anyone specifically answer your question. The answer is seconds for the 7:00AM BG drop. If you don't hit Join right at 7:00:00AM, you are not likely to get a BG. The 1PM drop has been a different story and has had availability for hours on some days (although that was pre ILL$, I'm not sure what happened yesterday). So you have to prioritize for EPCOT when it comes to Remy, Frozen ILL$ and your first G+. What's the must do for you? Go for that first.

Last edited:
I spoke this morning with a CM and he said you can purchase your next Genie+ at 120 minutes. His example: at 0703 I book Jungle Cruise...at 0903 I can book Peter Pan's Flight...let's say that takes 2 minutes so actually 0905...then at 1105 I can secure the next one.

That being said, I read earlier from a poster that they did 10 Genie+ in one day at MK (actually by 1700). They made it sound like once the park is open, each new Genie+ is based on you swiping into the current selection and then being able to secure the next one. If that's the case, I can see some big advantages at MK in our case with 2 little ones.
you can book a 9:10 am when you finish riding your first 9 am genie+ By 9:09 selection. Kylle Palio’s video helps

Here's what i got from booking Genie selections:

After you tap in for one Genie booking, you can make another. If you skip it and don't tap in, you wait until the booking expires.
If you book one that starts more than 2 hours after park opening, then you can make another 2 hours after park opening. (If the park opens at 9, you go on at 7 and book Slinky Dog for 5:30, then you can make an additional booking at 11. Apparently you can keep making and using additional bookings until 3:30, which is 2 hours from your Slinky Dog booking. Some of this is not clear yet.)

From what I heard the 2 hours is based on booking time, not redemption time, so once the 2 hours has expired or you’ve redeemed your preciously booked one (whichever comes first), you can book your next one. This means you can potentially stack a bunch that even have overlapping times. Looking forward to seeing more in person reports of it working this way.

you can book a 9:10 am when you finish riding your first 9 am genie+ selection. Kylle Palio’s video helps
Just for clarity, you mean once you check in for the ride right? Not like after you exit it?

I ask because if there is still a minimal wait in the LL, I'd like to use that time to start hunting my next.

I’ll have to keep an eye on Epcot G+ times and how far they go out. I was paying more attention to DHS and MK yesterday. I would prefer PM G+ so I’ll be looking at all of this. I can’t wait for the strategy thread to open and hear more real life experiences.
At 11:52 AM, I'm seeing a G+ return time of 4:25 PM at TT. All others are almost immediate G+ reservations. On refresh, TT return time changed to 2:30. Return times just seem to randomly populate.

Here's something I haven't seen a lot of clarity on.

If I book a G+ LL for say 2PM, what's the latest I can check in? Is it actually 2PM I need to be there or a window like it was with FP+? How large a window? 60 minutes?

EDIT: I watched the above video and was answered. It looks like you have an hour window.

Last edited:
I worded my post poorly. I mean that we're much more likely to return around 4pm than 2pm. So if I'm park hopping and opting to use my LL for the 2nd park, getting a LL at 2pm or 3pm will alter my normal day of plans. We usually rope drop then either eat lunch in the park or back at the hotel. a quick nap (or at least off our feet), then a brief pool visit. We're going in FEB, so it's possible that we'd skip the pool part and 2pm would work.

I guess in that scenario I could use LL for my morning park, then check the schedules for then 2nd park when my next reservation slot opens.
The difference here would be if your first G+ was in your morning park you have to likely wait hours for most G+ attractions to find a 4pm window. If your first G+ reservation is in your second park, you may only have to wait minutes.

I didn't see anyone specifically answer your question. The answer is seconds for the 7:00AM BG drop. If you don't hit Join right at 7:00:00AM, you are not likely to get a BG. The 1PM drop has been a different story and has had availability for hours on some days (although that was pre ILL$, I'm not sure what happened yesterday). So you have to prioritize for EPCOT when it comes to Remy, Frozen ILL$ and your first G+. What's the must do for you? Go for that first.
Thanks...Im wondering if my wife and I can both sign into my MDX from separate devices, she can start booking G+ and ILLs and I can try to snag a Remy BG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter