Disney Genie announcement

If I read it the same way, $15 per person per day? I am good with that!
It’s $15/day…unless you want to ride the big rides. Then, you get to pay even more. So I’m paying three times to ride the rides, for the ticket, for the Genie+, and for the plus to the +, or I can stand in two hour lines for every ride. How anti-guest money grubbing can they possibly get? No more perks (Magical Express, EMH, magic bands,free fatspasses), increase costs ridiculously and then fee on top of that…TWICE!

So far I'm not liking what I am reading. Am I interpreting correctly that there are no longer any free FastPasses/Lighting Lanes? We normally buy 6 or 7 day tickets, for my family of 5 that will be an extra $450 to $525 for something that was essentially free. Also no magical express or magic bands. I'm really not happy with this change and will be rethinking travel plans next year.

Found the answer to my questions, here it is if anyone else is interested:
We are also making some enhancements to our Disability Access Service (DAS) program, including new options to enroll in the program pre-arrival and for DAS participants to select attractions directly in the app. These options will be available in addition to our existing, in-person DAS program. Visit our Services for Guests with Disabilities page DisneyWorld.com and Disneyland.comfor more details.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/08/introducing-disney-genie/

15 per person per day at WDW. $20 at DL. Includes pictures at DL does not at WDW.

does not include some top attractions. Those will be only ala cart and can be purchased with or without genie plus.

resorts guests get to make them at 7am- day guests only once in the park.

Remy ride will be an ala cart and have a virtual que like rise.

I also thought I saw there will be a free virtual line system.. but idk where I read that.

I’m here for it. Sounds like maxpass with a twist. Loved maxpass.

Ok there are two things concerning me:
1) the “fall” date. I really don’t want to be there when the change occurs.
2) I need someone to explain to me the difference because this is confusing. $15 per person per day doesn’t sound horrible imho. But then adding on the other rides and such I’m so confused.

If everyone has it, nobody has it

Literally my thought while reading this and your comment:
Buddy pines artists of tumblr mr incredible GIF on GIFER - by Faujind

I'll hold judgement until I see exactly how it plays out, but initial gut reaction is.... Universal's pass is expensive, but you get the pass for all the attractions. This Genie+ sounds like the higher-tier attractions are gonna be priced like some sorta disney stock market—adding even more stress onto your trip and day.

I think they've found the 'sweet spot' for pricing. Most people will be willing to pay $15/person/day for LL to avoid only using stand-by queues. It appears it's basically FP+ at $15/day. Personally, we'll pay it.

Yep, us too, but it's made me angry. With increased pricing and no incentives to stay on property I was already leaning towards split Uni/WDW trips in the future, with more
time at Uni. This might finally seal the deal.

Honestly, I'm suddenly glad I cut my WDW trip in half to spend 4 days at Universal. Yeah, I know they have a pay FP system as well. But it's so pricey that hardly anyone uses it. Disney will make it just moderately priced enough that too many people will use it to make it useful, but just enough people will use it to make stand-by lines unbearable. Bad form, Disney. Bad form.

So, you can make "one at a time". Does that mean if my next lightning pass is 3 hours from now, I can't book another one until I ride that? The "next generation of Max Pass" sounds very restrictive.

Pretty much. Could very well pay $15 and only get 2-3 rides possibly due to the restriction. Will have to see how this plays out, but if that is happening, it's not worth getting.

The 15 - 20- is for the next available time
That’s how maxpass worked and then you could make another selection 90 minutes later. It would tell you the time you could make another selection. Sometimes if your return time was right away you made a selection right after you scanned in at the ride- if your return time was later then after a set amount of time you could book another one and start banking them. It worked well during pool breaks to start stacking them for the evening.

If you can only make one at a time what's the benefit to the resort guests booking at 7am? Are these going to be very limited. So people will be paying an upcharge of 15/person and taking only whats available? Sounds miserable.

I can't believe how much Disney is nickel and diming everyone, its really turning me off. SO much that used to be included is now an upcharge and there is zero reason to stay on site and pay ridiculous inflated hotel prices if there are no longer tangible benefits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter