• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Genie announcement

So theres no more rope drop to ride SDMT first thing in the morning, for free? Or TT or Soarin or SDDash?

Serious question (not snark)... Much cheaper to give "Free Genie" away (no real cost) than "Free Dining" (even at inflated food prices).

Give this 18 months and it will be thrown in during the off season.

It's safer to bet the opposite. It'll rise in price.

Serious question (not snark)... Much cheaper to give "Free Genie" away (no real cost) than "Free Dining" (even at inflated food prices).

Or they may do the opposite. Offering free dining keeps people on property at rack rate and since their dining is already paid for, they’ll be throwing money left, right and centre to ride rides and buy souvenirs.

Totally agree. With free dining they are actually giving away something that costs them money ( food). They will dangle this carrot to get you to book more expensive packages and it won’t cost them a thing.

Looks like staying at deluxe resorts and getting those late night hours looking more promising for those not wanting to make rope drop to cut their wait time without paying.

I think they've found the 'sweet spot' for pricing. Most people will be willing to pay $15/person/day for LL to avoid only using stand-by queues. It appears it's basically FP+ at $15/day. Personally, we'll pay it.

I think another plus is no more booking 3 in advance, so the entire pot of availability starts each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter