Disney Genie announcement

Rope drop AND 7AM genie+/LL/Virtual queue picks will be important.

One thing I did like about FP+ was I could sleep in, go to the pool, and then go to MK at 3PM and actually get a lot done.

If on-site, you may be able to use LL queue at 7 to grab ressies for the 2 E-ticket rides later in the day to let you go back to sleep, at least. If the genie+ only lets you pick next available time for rides, it’s possible it may still be viable later in the day. So your 3pm start time might still be an option. Disney has figured out a way to monetize sleep. :-)

So Disney is now telling me that every day of my vacation I need to wake up by 7:00am in order to book (in advance) only ONE tier 2 or tier 3 ride, while simultaneously debating whether to purchase individual lightning lane attractions (AKA the tier 1 rides that I actually want to ride?).

Every single trip, my one goal is to ride flight of passage without waiting 3 hours. The only way to do that now is to pay to get on the ride. Any bets on whether it will be over $100 to ride?

Yep, while someone else in your family is attempting ROTR or Remy’s.

7am was intentional. The entire family will be up making reservations

I received this email also. My trip begins 10/7. I was concerned that this meant Genie will be up and running by then. However, I also received this email at a different email address my upcoming trip isn’t associated with. So, I’m hoping that this was just a generic email to people who have booked WDW vacations in the past. Did anyone who doesn’t have a trip reserved receive this email?

I got the email, and, as of right now, I do not have any future trips planned. We went the end of April. Thought it was a little odd to have gotten it.

I’m just jumping around the thread what email?

Disney Genie service – coming This Fall​
We’re almost ready to let Disney Genie service out of the lamp!

You may have seen the news that a new service is coming to help you get the most of your visit to Walt Disney WorldResort. Disney Genie service, Disney Genie+ service and our Lightning Lane entrances are all designed to make planning your best Disney day that much easier.

These unique new options will be available on MyDisneyExperience app later this fall. And we’ll be sharing more soon. In the meantime, click below to learn more.​

Anybody want to copy and paste the body of the email here?
Disney Genie service – coming This Fall​
We’re almost ready to let Disney Genie service out of the lamp!

You may have seen the news that a new service is coming to help you get the most of your visit to Walt Disney World Resort. Disney Genie service, Disney Genie+ service and our Lightning Lane entrances are all designed to make planning your best Disney day that much easier.

These unique new options will be available on MyDisneyExperience app later this fall. And we’ll be sharing more soon. In the meantime, click below to learn more.​

I think the most deplorable part of not only this but all the "more money, less product" that's been coming on strong lately is that it's basically using COVID as the excuse. They've always wanted to do this but in an alternate timeline where there was never any COVID, there is no way we're where we are right now.

In that other timeline August 2021 we still have Magical Express...regular ol Fast Pass...Disney Dining...all the shows and parades...etc etc.

As a shareholder, this is the kind of garbage that makes me root for it to crash back down just to teach the executives with stock options a lesson...starting with Iger

I meant as in only able to get 2-3 passes in a full day due to reservations being filled / needing to wait for your current pass to be used to check next availability. You'll not be able to get anything out of the pass to make it worth $15.

My past experience traveling during crowded times is only getting to do about 3 fastpass attractions per day. No extra fastpasses would be available by the time we used the scheduled ones. This sounds like WDW has just come up with a way to make guests pay for what they were getting for free but now they have to wait till the day of to plan. and i wonder about park hopping.

I just received an email from Disney Destinations telling me about Genie. I have WDW trips scheduled beginning 10/17 and 11/7, so I'm guessing it will be available before one (or both) of those dates
I got that email and my trip starts Sept 26.

Yep, while someone else in your family is attempting ROTR or Remy’s.

7am was intentional. The entire family will be up making reservations

ROTR and Remy’s won’t be available on Genie+ I bet, I think it’ll be individual for-purchase attractions. So families can decide ahead of time if that’s something they’ll even want to pay to ride, and then choose to wake up early not.

If they only offer paid FP for FOP, technically the standby line should move much faster.
This is all subject to the price. They will need to price high enough to keep down the wait in the LL entrance. With a high enough price, and no Genie+ booking option, I doubt the standby line will move faster.

I think the most deplorable part of not only this but all the "more money, less product" that's been coming on strong lately is that it's basically using COVID as the excuse. They've always wanted to do this but in an alternate timeline where there was never any COVID, there is no way we're where we are right now.

Never let a tragedy go to waste.:sad2:

Never happier that I cancelled my August trip!...That was pushed back a year from last August-(NYer with genuine covid fears with this Delta variant.) My daughter used to think Disney was our summer house :rotfl2:as we went every year! We miss it horribly, as many here do, but Genie is exploitive imho! On the heels of a pandemic, from which Disney plus profited well, I don't think it's very thoughtful of people, but then the Disney brothers are dead, right?...A place the whole family can enjoy.:oops:

I’m hoping this you are able to buy this per day and not for everyone in your party. For example, two of my three kids won’t ride the scarier rides. So maybe we’d pay for my more adventurous son and husband to have genie+. But not all five. That’s why I think I’d be willing to pay for LL for certain rides. But to be clear: think it sucks for the consumer. I did the math, and for our trip in November, if we had decided on Very Merry and Genie+, the cost the park portion of our trip would go from $2500 to $4000.

I am not. I will see how it plays out, but yet another charge to enjoy the parks—and even more planning—has me seriously rethinking future vacations.

me too, I feel like I am already paying way more than enough for my trip in April. this has me rethinking the whole thing and going someplace else.
I love Disney but lately disenchanted with less perks and more money

I just returned from Disney on July 24th and I got the email. I don’t think those of you who have trips planned should read anything into it. I was one of those people who was able to efficiently use FP. We went on pretty much any ride we wanted, and multiple times. Not happy with the changes and will definitely not be going back in the foreseeable future. We had gone pretty much yearly and are huge Disney people. This really feels like a screw job. Time to explore other places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter