Disney Genie announcement

***ETA: I got my answers! thanks so much! And for anyone wondering--the answers are right below this post. :) ***

Sorry, I did not got through all 73 pages of this thread, not all of the other dozen or more threads about the new Genie+ either. It's just so much!

So I hope if someone knows the answer to any of these questions off-hand, they will forgive me and answer despite my lack of putting in hours of reading. 😉 😍

I know you CAN buy Genie+ ahead of time for every day of your trip, just like Hoppers.

BUT, can you also opt to only buy it for a few days, and if so, can it also be for just a few people in your group? AND can you opt in to buy it the day of? So at 6:30am we're in our Disney resort, and we want to buy Genie+ for that single day, for just 2 of our group of 4. Would that be possible?

Last edited:
Sorry, I did not got through all 73 pages of this thread, not all of the other dozen or more threads about the new Genie+ either. It's just so much!

So I hope if someone knows the answer to any of these questions off-hand, they will forgive me and answer despite my lack of putting in hours of reading. 😉 😍

I know you CAN buy Genie+ ahead of time for every day of your trip, just like Hoppers.

BUT, can you also opt to only buy it for a few days, and if so, can it also be for just a few people in your group? AND can you opt in to buy it the day of? So at 6:30am we're in our Disney resort, and we want to buy Genie+ for that single day, for just 2 of our group of 4. Would that be possible?
Yes it seems like you can buy same day and on a per ticket basis.

If you book a package and want to include Genie+, then it would be for everyone on the package for the length of your ticket.

If you already purchased your tickets, you can add Genie+ beginning at midnight of the day you are visiting a park. You will not have to buy it for every day on your ticket or for everyone in your group.

I still don’t think I saw this answer. Do you have to physically be on site to purchase the LL? Or could we get one at 7am on our arrival/check in day even before we leave home?

Is there a list anywhere of what the IAS attractions in each park will be? Or even how many there'll be in each park? Or is this currently unknown?
No full list yet. Some like Rise, Remmy and SDMT have been confirmed. Others are just educated guesses.
It will be 2 per park.

I just read the DFB explanation and they made it very clear.
DFB Genie +

Thanks for this !! The only thing (well.... not the only thing..) that I am trying to understand better is the number of days you have to purchase Genie+ for--- its seems that unless you purchase the day of, you have to pay each day for the entire length of your trip-

So, if we are going for 11 days in December, but only going to the parks 7 days, I have to purchase G+ for all 11 days? Unless I purchase each day we are going to the parks?

An what bout PPL that have already purchased their package (or tickets) ? I already of the deposit down for our trip (11 days with 7-day park pass)

So, I guess once G+ goes live I MIGHT be able to purchase, but would have to be for the 11 days ?

Thanks for this !! The only thing (well.... not the only thing..) that I am trying to understand better is the number of days you have to purchase Genie+ for--- its seems that unless you purchase the day of, you have to pay each day for the entire length of your trip-

So, if we are going for 11 days in December, but only going to the parks 7 days, I have to purchase G+ for all 11 days? Unless I purchase each day we are going to the parks?

An what bout PPL that have already purchased their package (or tickets) ? I already of the deposit down for our trip (11 days with 7-day park pass)

So, I guess once G+ goes live I MIGHT be able to purchase, but would have to be for the 11 days ?
The way I read it is if you want Genie+ in advance of your stay you have to purchase it for the length of your stay? Otherwise go to the park and purchase it for that day.

Do I have to use Genie+ for every day of my trip?

Important update: Disney has clarified that when Genie+ is purchased with your ticket or vacation package ahead of your visit, Disney Genie+ must be purchased for the entire length of your stay (all of the days in a multi-day visit).

If, however, you choose to simply buy it on the day of a visit, you’ll be able to purchase it for a single day. So, our understanding is that if you only want to use it a few days during your trip (rather than the entire length of your stay), you’ll have to buy it on the day you visit the park(s) you want to use Genie+ for (rather than getting it in advance).

The way I read it is if you want Genie+ in advance of your stay you have to purchase it for the length of your stay? Otherwise go to the park and purchase it for that day.

Yea... thanks... I read the same way--- which sounds like a little bit of a pain, but in the grand scheme of G+... not the worst thing its doing !!

Yes it seems like you can buy same day and on a per ticket basis.
If you book a package and want to include Genie+, then it would be for everyone on the package for the length of your ticket.

If you already purchased your tickets, you can add Genie+ beginning at midnight of the day you are visiting a park. You will not have to buy it for every day on your ticket or for everyone in your group.

Thanks to both of you! For me, the ability to buy them only on certain days and for certain guests definitely increases the chance of anyone in my group opting to purchase them. :)

Do you actually have to purchase genie+ at the park? I thought you could do it at midnight that day and make your first selection at 7 am from your room?

So the LL is said to be limited availability, so for example being able to purchase the LL for 7DMT will run out at some point.

What about Genie + itself? Are the number of those available for a given day limited? I'm thinking what a gamble it is to know if it will be worth it. If no one buys it and you can just roll one ride after another it would be one thing. But what if its Christmas and everyone buys it and you do your first ride and can't get another one available until 4 hours later? That makes the "value" of your $15 much much less. And the problem is, you'll never know ahead of time.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I would not be surprised to see the NO DEAL deal after the launch of Genie. Similar to free dining, get people to try it, like it, and have to have it for their next trips. Free with 5 day park hopper, full rack rate, deluxe non standard view?

So the LL is said to be limited availability, so for example being able to purchase the LL for 7DMT will run out at some point.

What about Genie + itself? Are the number of those available for a given day limited? I'm thinking what a gamble it is to know if it will be worth it. If no one buys it and you can just roll one ride after another it would be one thing. But what if its Christmas and everyone buys it and you do your first ride and can't get another one available until 4 hours later? That makes the "value" of your $15 much much less. And the problem is, you'll never know ahead of time.
The more people who pay for Genie+, the less valuable it will be. But the more people who pay for Genie+, the more $$$ Disney makes. Expect no changes.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I would not be surprised to see the NO DEAL deal after the launch of Genie. Similar to free dining, get people to try it, like it, and have to have it for their next trips. Free with 5 day park hopper, full rack rate, deluxe non standard view?
Not likely. They will offer other things for free before that happens.

Canceled a 2 day pool view at Poly and 2-day park hoppers I booked as a little fun before our family's Fantasy cruise next year. Replaced it with a one day points rental at AKL with no park tickets. The $90 that Genie would have cost isn't a huge deal on its own, but it is the straw that broke the back and saved me about $2500 on my little indulgence.

I hope you weren’t offended by my comment since you are child free. I mean no ill will to childless people. I just think Disney identifies single and child free people as bigger spenders. And I think they are courting this demographic. I do things like pack snacks and make dinner in my villa. That kind of thing must drive them nuts.
I remember our child free days. Original prints. Signed prints. Thankfully wdcc ended right before kids. Lol but yes we deff spent waaaay more then. Now it has to be something really special or rare for us to jump on it.

Disney doesn’t want us multiple year after year trippers. We don’t buy T-shirt’s every trip. We don’t come home with bags of stuff we will never use again. I have said that for 10 plus years now. We have zero effect on the Disney outcomes whether we go or not. If every simple multi trip family stopped going in theentire world it would have zero effect at the end of the day. Zero. Disney needs the magic in the now not after the trip ends.

I cant wait to see all the tech issues.
1. I paid forcthe genie pass for today and and I couldn’t book anything. Disney: here are some paper fast passes.
2. I paid for the 2 lightening passes and I couldn’t book them. Disney: have some stale yesterday’s popcorn.

I’m sorry I’m trying to be positive about all this but it’s really hard when you still need to book a freaking park day when capacity is pretty much back to normal. I think I’m more ticked off about that vs paying for rides now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter