Disney Genie announcement

I'm indifferent about it at this point. I arrive 10/25 for 12 days. If it's going to drop, I definitely want it to drop before I arrive. Would really like to know if G+ is truly one reservation at a time or not. As I've stated before, that's make it or break it for me. In other words, I'd welcome it for my trip if stacking where allowed. Definitely wouldn't want it if that isn't how G+ will work.

You definitely won’t be able to stack. The announcement from Disney says Genie+ allows you to “make one selection at a time, throughout the day.”

You definitely won’t be able to stack. The announcement from Disney says Genie+ allows you to “make one selection at a time, throughout the day.”

I wouldn't say "definitely won't be able to stack." That statement that you quoted could be taken in different ways. You can't make more than one selection at a time, but if you say open the app an hour later that is a "different time" so you aren't making two selections at one time, but have two selections made in the app. It's up for interpretation. We are all hoping it's not "make one selection and have to use that selection before making another. "

It is also being reported on another blog today that the release will be the 3rd wee of Oct at the earliest. Looks like they are running into issues.
Really hoping it rolls out after we leave. If it rolls out the 3rd week, we will be in the middle of it. While it could work well, given their track record, I foresee lots of problems with rollout. And worry what other things in MDE (mobile order) could get messed up with this as well.

I wouldn't say "definitely won't be able to stack." That statement that you quoted could be taken in different ways. You can't make more than one selection at a time, but if you say open the app an hour later that is a "different time" so you aren't making two selections at one time, but have two selections made in the app. It's up for interpretation. We are all hoping it's not "make one selection and have to use that selection before making another. "
I expect that part to work like FP+ did after you used your 1st 3. You could only hold 1 active pass at a time. As soon as you tapped in, you could get another one. I don't expect to be able to hold 2 unused passes at one time.

I expect that part to work like FP+ did after you used your 1st 3. You could only hold 1 active pass at a time. As soon as you tapped in, you could get another one. I don't expect to be able to hold 2 unused passes at one time.

That is definitely what it seems like, but from what people said about max pass they gave you the option after a certain time period to get another, so I am hoping that is how it will work, but it probably will be the way you state. I just want to hold on to hope 🤣

This is from the official announcement,

I interpret that as you will only be able to hold one selection at a time. My guess is that, similar to FP+, once you have tapped into that attraction, you are free to select the next one.

The one exception to this that I can see happening is if the 'next available time' for an attraction is hours out, after a set amount of time I'm guessing I can secure another G+ reservation that occurs between the two.

e.g. If at 10AM the next G+ for RotR is at 6PM, if I select that one I can see being allowed to select another one at 12PM. But again, this is purely a guess on my part based on how FP+ worked and we really don't know how similar/different they will be.

I'm indifferent about it at this point. I arrive 10/25 for 12 days. If it's going to drop, I definitely want it to drop before I arrive. Would really like to know if G+ is truly one reservation at a time or not. As I've stated before, that's make it or break it for me. In other words, I'd welcome it for my trip if stacking where allowed. Definitely wouldn't want it if that isn't how G+ will work.

Several CMs who have gone through training have stated that you CAN in fact stack. It will work the same as paper fast pass. You will be able to select another LL after 2 hours if your first selection time still has not come up.

Technically, I could make ONE selection at 10am, make ONE selection at 10:15am, make ONE selection at 10:30am ,etc. etc. and I am still "making one selection at a time, throughout the day."

Now if Disney wording said "hold one selection at a time, throughout the day" or "HAVE one selection at a time, throughout the day" I would take it the way everyone else is taking it, but the "make" is giving me pause.

I guess I am just interpreting it differently than anyone else. But like I said ... it's me holding out hope for the best possible outcome ( and just FYI my theory in this comment is exaggerated just to show how wording can be taken. I know this is NOT how it is going to be.)

Several CMs who have gone through training have stated that you CAN in fact stack. It will work the same as paper fast pass. You will be able to select another LL after 2 hours if your first selection time still has not come up.

This I think would be great and really all I would want to make genie+ work as long as I don't have to wait until the afternoon and come through my day paying 15$ for one or two rides.

I arrive 10/30... I remember being there when they started FP+, a few weeks in. And honestly I didn't mind being the guinea pig because it seemed to be the case that only a handful of people knew about it, so it worked pretty decent. If this is the same case (where it's not widely known in the early stages) then maybe I wouldn't mind being the guinea pig.

That's encouraging to hear. I would be willing to purchase G+ at MK and HS if that is the case. If not, I've been to WDW enough times to have ridden all of the G+ (non IA$) rides enough where it wouldn't be worth the cost. I doubt I'm alone where this is concerned. Now if there was no IA$, then things might be different. Getting on the tier 1 rides using LL would be worth a $15 upcharge IMO and any tier 2 rides would be icing on the cake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter