Disney Genie announcement

Any information on Annual pass holders with resort reservations? Will I be able to add for the length of stay before arriving at the resort?

We are only a party of two, so might try this at Animal Kingdom (even some of the shows are lightening lane attractions, poor move Disney) and Hollywood Studios. Now, I plan to take advantage of the Deluxe guest after hours for Epcot and MK, but would want to purchase to ride Remy, because that is not on the after hours attraction list. I feel for families and bigger groups, because this will be cost prohibitive, the VIP tour with a large group is starting to seem like a bargain.

Of course, my trip starts on October 20th -- looking forward to testing it out and reporting back the benefits, challenges, and failures.

Good luck to everyone.

I was hoping this wouldn't start until after my trip Oct 25 - 31. I will be watching closely when it starts to see if we will need to use it

My son's favourite ride is Space... having to pay for that will be really annoying.

We arrive on the 19th...
I was thinking about maybe getting the Genie+, but after reading about it, I am now more confused than ever and I am not about to throw money at something that I do not understand. For my daughter and I to get it for our 5-day stay, that's $150 and I think we can stand in a few lines and save $150.

I am more concerned about the app crashing on our arrival day...actually, ALL our arrival days, since we have a multi-split stay and have 3 different resort stays over 6 nights. Disney's wi-fi is never going to be able to support all of the increased usage unless it has received a MAJOR upgrade that we don't know about.

Congratulations to all of those who have been ‘volunteered‘ by Disney to be beta testers for their new system. Please report back, both those who pay for the privilege of being Genie-pigs & those who learn in real time how this impacts SB lines. I’m sure all will be smooth sailing, after all what could go wrong w/ an IT based system given Disney’s IT track record.
More like "volun-told"!!! Good luck all

Well sorry to my neighbors for the giant F&&&&&&&R%%$%^%%!!!! that was just screamed. We're going 10/16-10/23. At least we have an HS & MK day before it starts and are at Ecot for launch day. I just anticipate the whole IT glitchy nightmare (which you know they'll have!) will resonate throughout the whole park whether you purchase or not.

Not a chance in heck I would ever pay the premium pricing for individual rides. I love Disney but I am not insane enough to indulge in that. I might consider the LL but I want to see how it plays out before hitting purchase. I don't want to get up at 7 AM and be on my phone, we don't like rope drop, and I'll be darned if I am paying that kind of money x's 4 to get there and find out I can't even book a single ride until he evening for they're all booked or something. I am NOT happy to be a genie-pig!

I used to try an explain my love of going to Disneyworld by saying yes, it may be expensive but at least it's an all-in-one price, unlike other carnivals or theme parks that nickel and dime you. Those days are dead I guess!

I saw them. That would be a big fat NO for us. No way are we spending $25-30 for the 3 of us to ride Space Mountain, or $45 to get on Rise, or any of the other pay-to-ride options. If standby lines are long, we may never see some of those attractions again which I find incredibly sad. Hopefully Everest will at least keep the single rider line.

Disney is really working hard to make the parks less and less appealing.
Can I just say..... it makes me nervous that people are going to actively start trying to abuse the DAS system. Like, I can see the Youtube video titles now "HOW TO RIDE IN THE LIGHTNING LANE... FOR FREE!!!!!!"

Is there anything official about only being able to book 1 per day each ride?

I can't find anything
I can't find where I read that, but I've read that in multiple places that at roll out, you can use LL for each attraction only once. Maybe that will change later.

That will be our 3rd day, don't think it will be pretty. Will it crash before or after my time to get a VQ time?

Our first day. Hope the app will be available soon. Would like to review and download it before we get to the park. We will buy Genie+ and definitely for FOP, ROTR and Remy.

I didn't see anything that Indicated you could only use LL once per ride, as it's been rumored. I hope that we can repeat rides.

We are there 23-31. I guess I will need to decide if I'm buying this.

Any mention on park hopping? For example, can I make LL request for MK in the morning and then at Epcot in the evening (after I use my MK LL of course)

With Disney Genie+, you can select Lightning Lane arrival windows across multiple theme parks for those who have the Park Hopper option.

I read that above on the Disney parks post. You can only pick the next available time so I have to see how this would work. Do I wait until I’m the park. Do I check periodically while I’m in my first park.

I am sorry for those of you who are arriving this year after Genie + will be implemented. This pricing is seriously making me seriously think about our year of Disney plan.

I didn't see anything that Indicated you could only use LL once per ride, as it's been rumored. I hope that we can repeat rides.

We are there 23-31. I guess I will need to decide if I'm buying this.
Disney Food Blog was on e site that reported this a few days ago. I've seen it on other site as well.
Have not seen it officially posted on Disney, but that information was part of a media day.

You got to be kidding?
You could get a fastpass for many shows. Now you'll be able to use Genie+ for those shows. I haven't checked the lists side-by-side, but imagine you'll be able to use either Genie+ or ILL$ for everything for which you could have used a fastpass (excepting, of course, attractions that haven't yet reopened).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter