Disney Genie announcement

5 minutes might be too short, but some of those LL queues are long walks, plus you have the wait after merge. I'd anticipate another 5-10 minutes between entering LL and getting on the ride.

I wonder how long it would take to visit everything in DHS with LL, assuming a 5-10 minute wait for your LL return time, no wait before merge, but that the queue is full past merge, which Disney considers a 10 minute wait.

Some time on touring plans plus the Disney website says - 12 attractions, so that's 2 hours of waiting in the LL/lining up before the show. Plus 1-2 hours waiting for return times. An hour of walking time (from touring plans, assuming average walking speed) . About an hour of rides and 3 hours of shows.

That's 8-9 hours. You'll want lunch in there, and some stops for drinks/snacks, maybe dinner or some character greetings. That's a pretty full day to get your money's worth by using all the return times.

I really do think Disney is trying to create an experience worth purchasing. I don't think my touring style will be a good fit for Genie+, but it might make a lot of casual visitors less frustrated than they were by FP+.
I think your math is more detailed then anything I’ve done. My cynicism just says if they won’t even pay for tram to come back then they didn’t spend this money developing genie to give guests better experience it’s because they feel they can even monetize the free version in some way. The limit of one LL per ride with genie+ makes me think they can’t have this designed where you can ride back to back or it would cut down time in park too much. I think the lines once you get LL will go fast but they want you out of ride lines and in stores shopping between LL is my thought and that doesn’t happen if genie plus has “return now” rides.

It is quite annoying how they named things. The Lightening Lane is the old Fast Pass queue, just renamed. To get access to the LL on the top two rides in each park, you have to pay per person per ride. This is called something like Individual Lightening Lane Selection. So, abbreviated ILLS, then you swap out the S for an $ to get ILL$$$. You do not need to purchase G+for this, and you select your times. With G+ you pay $15 for the day and you select from the next available times on the G+ rides.
When you buy G+ is there a limit to how many LL rides you can ride?

It looks like there was a Super Fastpass and Ultimate Fastpass bundling rides at Disneyland Paris. Maybe we will soon get a Super Genie+ and Ultimate Genie+

https://attractionsmagazine.com/disneyland-paris-paid-fastpass-range/

I would happily pay for the ultimate pass for 2-3 days over my vacation despite the price. That being said, my budget is not unlimited so I would look at staying at a nice resort off site instead of the monorail loop where we normally stay. My biggest problem would be my husband who wants to stay in the bubble. I fear it would become an impasse for my family and we would actually vacation elsewhere.

Maybe as the start day approaches it’s time for a new thread to discuss how Genie, Genie +, and IALL work and what actual experiences people are having with it.

There can be a separate thread for those who want to discuss why all of these things show that Disney is only interested in making more money and not in guests having a positive experience.

Maybe as the start day approaches it’s time for a new thread to discuss how Genie, Genie +, and IALL work and what actual experiences people are having with it.

There can be a separate thread for those who want to discuss why all of these things show that Disney is only interested in making more money and not in guests having a positive experience.
It can be called Disney Genie/Genie+/LLIA details/procedure

or

maybe we can have the first post with details (like ROTR)
There’s a thread like that, started when Genie was announced. https://www.disboards.com/threads/genie-questions-and-answers-with-no-commentary.3849436/. The Mods moved it to the Community forum. Maybe they’ll move it back - or start a new one under Mod supervision.

Thank you. Yes, we will be creating this and sticking it to the top of the first page. It will be a work in progress just like we the Everything Early park Entry thread is. It’s too early to start it until it’s active and we have actual information to share.

I am so sorry, I am very confused.. and it appears I am in good company. So is this correct? You purchase G+ to get the basic fast pass feature that was for free in the past? So I assume you will get a "fast pass" for say haunted Mansion and will be told to enter at 1PM. Then you proceed to the ride and get in the LL line? or is there 3 lines? a standby and G+ and a LL?

Now LL is like the virtual q correct? you are given a time and can walk right on? But once again... is there 3 lines? or is stand by now now existent?

Thank you very much in advance, we are planning a trip in May so hopefully by then I will figure it out LOL

I am so sorry, I am very confused.. and it appears I am in good company. So is this correct? You purchase G+ to get the basic fast pass feature that was for free in the past? So I assume you will get a "fast pass" for say haunted Mansion and will be told to enter at 1PM. Then you proceed to the ride and get in the LL line? or is there 3 lines? a standby and G+ and a LL?

Now LL is like the virtual q correct? you are given a time and can walk right on? But once again... is there 3 lines? or is stand by now now existent?

Thank you very much in advance, we are planning a trip in May so hopefully by then I will figure it out LOL
There are only two lines: standby and Lightning Lane. The Lightning Lane is for both Genie+ and the Individual Lightning Lane Selections.

Genie+ you can book the next available time. If you purchase the Individual Lightning Lane Selections, I believe you can select your arrival window much like the old FP+.

There are two lines, the lightning lane and the standby line. G+ allows you access to the LL of most attractions. When making your selection you will a list of rides and their next available return times. You pick the one that works best for you. Two attractions at each park are not part of G+ and priced individually. If you purchase that, you go through that rides Lightning Lane. If you do not want to purchase that, you can choose to ride standby (or try for a boarding group in the case or Remy).

There are two lines, the lightning lane and the standby line. G+ allows you access to the LL of most attractions. When making your selection you will a list of rides and their next available return times. You pick the one that works best for you. Two attractions at each park are not part of G+ and priced individually. If you purchase that, you go through that rides Lightning Lane. If you do not want to purchase that, you can choose to ride standby (or try for a boarding group in the case or Remy).
Nice clear explanation of the process. Thanks!

No, but you can only ride each G+ attraction once that day.
Can you point me to that information? That's the first time I've heard that part. I was assuming it would be like MaxPass was at DL, where you could get a fastpass/lightning lane for the same ride as many times as you wanted, as long as one was available and it was your time to book a new one. I will be sad if it's a one and done each day.

Can you point me to that information? That's the first time I've heard that part. I was assuming it would be like MaxPass was at DL, where you could get a fastpass/lightning lane for the same ride as many times as you wanted, as long as one was available and it was your time to book a new one. I will be sad if it's a one and done each day.
What they meant is you can only enter the LL with G+ once for each attraction covered by G+. Same for ILL$, you can only buy two a day, one ride per attraction chosen. In other words, no multiple paid rides, which is unlike old FP/MaxPass, which allowed multiple passes for rides.

You can ride the same rides via standby lines all you want.

As with many of the details it hasn't been publicized by Disney but a number of vloggers, popular Disney websites, etc were given a test run of the system last week along with some travel agents and the consistent message from all is that a Genie + ride can only be ridden once a day in the LL line, after that it's standby line.

That came out of all the media previews and is being reported widely. We've been discussing it on this thread for days. Not sure if Disney actually has put it in writing, but it has been confirmed by multiple sources who have been at the previews and through the Genie training. Disney indicated this to be the case "at launch" so maybe they will allow repeat rides in the future. I guess it all depends on how popular G+ is. Since there are only 9 G+ attractions at Epcot and 8 at Animal Kingdom, I don't see them selling a lot of these at those two locations. Maybe that will trigger a change on Disney's part.

Honestly, because there are 3 parks without enough attractions, I see no way they make it unlimited like MaxPass. People would clog up the Lightning Lane for those few attractions way too quickly. Disneyland has enough attractions to handle unlimited. So does MK but I'm sure they need to make it consistent.

As with many of the details it hasn't been publicized by Disney but a number of vloggers, popular Disney websites, etc were given a test run of the system last week along with some travel agents and the consistent message from all is that a Genie + ride can only be ridden once a day in the LL line, after that it's standby line.
That came out of all the media previews and is being reported widely. We've been discussing it on this thread for days. Not sure if Disney actually has put it in writing, but it has been confirmed by multiple sources who have been at the previews and through the Genie training. Disney indicated this to be the case "at launch" so maybe they will allow repeat rides in the future. I guess it all depends on how popular G+ is. Since there are only 9 G+ attractions at Epcot and 8 at Animal Kingdom, I don't see them selling a lot of these at those two locations. Maybe that will trigger a change on Disney's part.
Thanks! I haven't seen that specific piece of info in the things I've read, but I also haven't seen any of the reports after the test run. I didn't even realize that had happened! I'll have to look for those reports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter