Disney Genie announcement

I posted this earlier in the thread, but here it is again. I'm a D23 member so I received the invitation to try Genie+ for free on 10/19. Here is the wording from the fine print. It specifically mentions only being allowed one Genie+ LL pass per ride - I highlighted it in bold:

*Attractions with Lightning Lane entrances that are Disney Genie+ and individual purchases are limited in availability, subject to change or closure, may vary by date, and are not guaranteed.

To enter a theme park, both a valid admission and theme park reservation for the same park and same date are required.

Park reservations are limited, subject to availability, and are not guaranteed for any specific dates or park. Price, terms and entitlements are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice.

About Disney Genie and Disney Genie+ Service
Built right into the My Disney Experience app, Disney Genie service will help you create your best Disney day inspired by your interests and activities. It includes a personalized itinerary feature that saves you time by seamlessly and smartly mapping out your special day with updates that continue from morning to night.

With the purchase of Disney Genie+ service, you can save time waiting in line. This new service, at more than 40 attractions and experiences throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks, lets you select the next available arrival window for our new Lightning Lane entrances. You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day. You may not select the same experience more than once per day, and experience and arrival window selections are limited and subject to availability.

With Disney Genie+ service, you’ll also enjoy new audio tales that let you discover the Parks in cool new ways. Plus, access to exclusive Disney PhotoPass Lenses for your mobile device—allowing you to explore magical new augmented reality effects

I'm trying to keep up, but a little behind. We are back at the parks on the 21st... has there been any news about how you can purchase Genie+? I still don't see it anywhere on my disney app.

Today was the first park day of our trip. We were at HS. I was SO frustrated with the MDE app today. So many times it was glitchy and not working. I am SO dreading what the absolute mess will be, come Tuesday. We have Epcot planned and I am thinking trying for a REMY boarding pass at 7 AM will be a waste of time and I am better just sleeping a little later!

I really, really wish this Genie stuff was starting next Saturday or later after I was on a plane home!

I'm not psychic or anything but I wouldn't be surprised if Disney decides to put Genie into MDE today (Monday) instead of tomorrow but it can't be used till tomorrow. I seriously doubt they will do that cause it would cause confusion. But at the same time, confusion has been a Disney mantra for years in certain aspects. LOL.

I'm not psychic or anything but I wouldn't be surprised if Disney decides to put Genie into MDE today (Monday) instead of tomorrow but it can't be used till tomorrow. I seriously doubt they will do that cause it would cause confusion. But at the same time, confusion has been a Disney mantra for years in certain aspects. LOL.

Depends on how the app works internally. It could already be there, but just not be visible until a date. It could also be that the app is really just a window into their website, in which case the app doesn't need to be updated.

Depends on how the app works internally. It could already be there, but just not be visible until a date. It could also be that the app is really just a window into their website, in which case the app doesn't need to be updated.
You could be correct, I'm just going based on historical major changes to the app. My version is currently 6.22 and personally I'm guessing we'll see version 7 out within the next 24 hours. But, just my guess.

You could be correct, I'm just going based on historical major changes to the app. My version is currently 6.22 and personally I'm guessing we'll see version 7 out within the next 24 hours. But, just my guess.

I'm tech-challenged. Does this mean I need to go to the app store to install an app update or will the app update push automatically? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter