Disney Genie announcement

Would largely depend how many people buy ILLs. Every person let through that line would slow down standby so the more than purchase it, the longer wait times will be.
Which is honestly what scares me. At both Disney and Universal on our trip last month, standby if it was listed at 25 minutes it was more like 10. There are only like two rides I would lightning lane. Everything else is rather just wait.

I will say I like the concept of the Genie and how it can help you out. And everywhere else has pay to play so I understand that. But after experiencing no fastpass, I’m just anxious about this.

wow. 8:50AM on a Tuesday morning and the next available time for SDD is 5:30PM already , MFSM 3:!0PM. So much for "nobody is going to buy it" :rotfl2:

ETA: in the time it took me to type this the NAT for SDD jumped to 6:20PM at this rate SDD will be sold out before park opens. Weekends and holidays are going to crazy
Remember D23 Gold members got it for free today so not sure it's a fair comparison quite yet. But I do think this is going to be wildly popular and I think SDD is going to be the hottest non-ILL ride to snag.

I was watching Rise times right as it hit 9:00 EST.... what previously was only 7PM+ availability immediately opened a bunch of other spots. Since I was MK reservation, had multiple time slots available from 2PM onwards, and the Tip Board was showing items as early as noon. Interesting that they apparently are dumping fresh time slots for the off-site start window.

I was watching Rise times right as it hit 9:00 EST.... what previously was only 7PM+ availability immediately opened a bunch of other spots. Since I was MK reservation, had multiple time slots available from 2PM onwards, and the Tip Board was showing items as early as noon. Interesting that they apparently are dumping fresh time slots for the off-site start window.
Lol. So basically they’re forcing onsite people to wake up at 7 am to help manage website/app load but there’s no real benefit to staying onsite?

Remember D23 Gold members got it for free today so not sure it's a fair comparison quite yet. But I do think this is going to be wildly popular and I think SDD is going to be the hottest non-ILL ride to snag.

Good point, but I agree with you I think it is going to sell.

A lot of people seem confused about "free" FP+. FP+ was only free in the sense that gmail is free. FP+ was a transitional program, WDW gave us "free" FP+ so they could collect data with the primary goal always being paid FP. With 8+years of data they know exactly what people want and how much to charge for it.

I think that’s why they held back some ADRs and kept changing park hours. Would be interesting to see if Genie can get you into CRT or Oga’s

You click on the attraction then you are given a bunch of times to choose from. Then when you select a time you purchase it.

Have her click on Rise, the available times will then show.

I heard back from my friend currently at HS ... she confirmed that after selecting RotR she was given a choice of return windows to purchase. I think they were for later in the day, but there was a choice

But the standby is at 45 which is shocking! Usually never seen it below 60
I’m interested if the wait time is actually lower or estimate just more accurate. Anyone who can report on posted vs actual wait time today would be interesting.

edit to add this also could be result if genie+ actually manages crowds as expected and lower because people who normally rope drop it are on another ride via LL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter