Disney Genie announcement

Wow, ROTR times are all over the place. I saw as early as 11:00 and as late at 7:20.

It's encouraging that there is still availability for off-site guests. We'll have to see if/when ILL sells out.
I’m thinking it’s trying to work around your plans and not send everyone to one attraction-spread passes across the day.

I think we are all thinking of next available like fastpass+, this is not that

I figured it out - have to go to the day you are planning, scroll to the bottom and click
But that's what I'm saying for ROTR etc will the slots not go before off-site people even get a chance?

If that's the case, that is now one of the perks of being a resort guest (almost like a paid extra-hours).

question: if i only want one day of my trip for disney genie plus for next week i'm coming on vacation but not all the four days of my visit, i can't prepurchase it online or in the app, it will only allow me to buy all four days to upgrade my ticket, not one individual day , correct?

Yes, if you pre-purchase you have to buy for all days of your ticket package. So we plan to just purchase individual days while we are there this/next week, each morning we want to use it. :)

Yes, confused me too. I thought the poster was asking about ILLs not Genie +

Hopefully we can all just refer to LL and G+ and stop calling it LL with G+ because I think thats confusing people asking questions and people answering them
Agreed we need a standard acronym for each!
I personally don't like using just "LL" because that actually applies to both., since "Lightning Lane" is just the name of the queue. The way you access that queue is either through Genie + (G+) or an Individual Lightning Lane Selection (ILL$). So my preference would be G+ and ILL$....but I'm not in charge here 🤪

View attachment 614534
8 am and it is already showing 12:40 as next available for TT

uggg we r usually out of the parks by then. We like to go in at rope drop. Do a few things. Do our 2-3 fast passes and blow out till after diner.

I can’t wait to see how this all pans out over next few months. Today it doesn’t even bother to read cause everything will be all over the place and wonky. I’m sure Disney’s IT dept is hard at working logging issues to push fixes through.

lol

For whatever it's worth, looks like they are selling ILL$ timeslots up to different times vs applicable park closing. Rise until 8PM, but MRR until 8:30 (9 PM close). FOP until 6:30, but Everest until 6:20 (7 PM close). Haven't seen anything yet that gets closer than 30 min before park closing. I'm assuming G+ LL options will run to those same points before stopping for the day?

I’m thinking it’s trying to work around your plans and not send everyone to one attraction-spread passes across the day.

I think we are all thinking of next available like fastpass+, this is not that
Disney's release said it was like FP+ in that you got to choose your return time during its release

With the inventory being refreshed at 9am, what is the advantage to being onsite and able to book at 7am?

at 9am, Disney dropped new inventory and ROTR other IAS rides had 9am availability

Why would i wake up at 7am and see SDMT is now 4pm return and then at 9am they drop new inventory and 10am is available?

No resort benefit
I definitely think there is a benefit to having your ILLs done and booked at 7am and not having to worry about it while trying to rope drop a park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter