• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Genie announcement

Y'all.

realize some may not agree with me and that's fine. But I'm not even in the park today and I'm enjoying this looking at fastpasses and strategy and talking about it. It feels like the before times. Idk. It's not a perfect system but so far I am a general fan..

I agree. Feels a lot like the old paper FP days but without running all over the park. I'll be curious to read more about how it works on busier days.

Have we heard how long the LL lines are taking? 5 minutes? 15 minutes? Just curious.

Y'all.

realize some may not agree with me and that's fine. But I'm not even in the park today and I'm enjoying this looking at fastpasses and strategy and talking about it. It feels like the before times. Idk. It's not a perfect system but so far I am a general fan..

Um...ditto!! I am having so much fun following this, tweaking plans, and coming up with a gazillion different scenarios for future trips!

Because at some point the return time for a popular ride will be several hours away from actual time and likely the last time you could get it for a particular ride.........

Lets say you book SDD for 11am and then your next one you got Smugglers run at 1:30pm....then you go to book ur nexst and its either ToT or RnR, both are the last window of the day..............Do you book one of those or do you book Star Tours, Indian Jones, Toy Story Mania?

If you do the lesser rides then the other 2 sell out before you can get your next ride
No, because you keep refreshing until you get earlier times....just like with FP.

Disney definitely wants you spending time (and more importantly $$) when you're not doing G+ or ILL cause that's where they make the most profit (i.e. Snacks, foods, drinks, shopping).

I get the somewhat cynical viewpoint that Disney would rather have guests out spending money than standing in line, but I know that I would rather be strolling around or sitting on a bench for an hour than standing in line for anhour, and I often do not spend a dime while doing that.

I am also willing to spend to spend a few dollars to avoid participating in the stampedes to some of the most popular attractions in the morning.

FP+ let me do that and, used properly, I think this system can too.

Last edited:

I won’t be doing genie plus until tomorrow but have to report, genie itself is a disaster. Once you set what you want to do it plans out from there, the. It never changes again. Even though I planned it while getting on the bus to animal kingdom it suggested expedition Everest a few minutes later. After we arrived to the park it left it on the recommended list. Ironically yesterday the fop line was so fast we never even stopped prior to getting to the end of ll, yet today it says “estimated wait: Low” and says 95min haha.

Android user here;

Tip Board won't load, can't make ILL$ selections and, strangely, the images on the park maps will not load (thought the wait time indicators are still there).

I do have a park pass for today...but not at the parks.

Any suggestions (I reinstalled twice).

Argh!!!!!!!!! Not what i wanted to hear!!!

We have to activate them when we arrive which means we'll miss all the 7am drops!!
I have the exact same concern about military tickets. We get in late on Monday night, around 830 pm. Our first day is Magic KIngdom, where just activating the tickets takes forever. Add trying to get a bus from BOardwalk that morning, and it’ll be way past 7 am before we can buy Genie+ at all. I’m hoping there’s a workaround to this! We do have an on-site reservation and the tickets in MDE, they’re just not activated yet.

Did you get your tickets from Shades of Green or from a Travel & Tourism Office on Post? I received tickets from Shades of Green so they are already activated through Disney and was able to add the Genie+. Tickets from ITT Offices aren't activated until you go to a Disney Ticket Booth.
I did purchase them from Shades of Green and they were mailed to me. Our travel agent said that the Disney CM said that Genie + was not available as a pre-ticket inclusion on discounted tix. But, that does not seem to be the case if you were able to add it. I guess since I cannot actually do anything with it until we are there, I can chill out. But, I do not want to have to rush there to activate anything.

So the overreacting 1 day sample size super mega strategy for Genie+ is:

MK: 7 AM - Jungle Cruise, then Peter Pan, then Splash then Haunted Mansion and then any of Big Thunder, Winnie or Pirates.

Epcot - Skip Buying it. Maybe spend 9$ on Remi if I don't get the boarding, but it seems like I will be able to get it at 1pm. If you buy order should be Test Track, Soarin, Mission Space and then move to another park.

DHS - 7 AM - SLINKY, then Millennium Falcon, then RnR Coaster, Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror and Aliens.

AK - Skip it. If you must 7AM Navi. Safari I guess but currently is 10 minutes.

If I buy the Genie+ for Epcot and AK its because I'm planning on Hopping to DHS or MK.

I’ve always used Touring Plans wait times and found them to be much more accurate that Disney’s inflated posted wait times. I was hoping Disney might dial these in so they are more accurate but that does not appear to be the case. Example- Splash Mtn has a posted Disney time of 45 min verses TP actual time of 23 minutes. This makes a difference if I’m doing standby or LL and having to flip back and forth between the apps to determine the correct wait time verses when I can grab a LL for it is a pain. Disney has got to do better with these posted wait times.
They inflate times so people like us who do a rider switch or DAS are stuck at a 60 min ride for 2 hours.

No, because you keep refreshing until you get earlier times....just like with FP.
Lol....thats not how it works or will work

Its first come, first serve........earlier times sell out and then you get next available

Although I admit that I haven't read every single post from today, I haven't seen this question addressed:

If you're purchasing ILL$ for 2 or more people, does each person get individually charged for this or is everything charged to the person who does the booking?

And on the subject of paying--do G+ and ILL$ just do the same thing mobile ordering does, which I believe is charging everything to the credit card on file?

TIA to anyone who might know the answers to these Very Pressing Issues!

I'm sure it's here somewhere, but there are so many new posts today.

What did ROTR price out at today before it sold out?
Are you suggesting variable pricing per hour. Let’s not put any more greedy ideas into Genie’s tricks bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter