• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Genie announcement

No, I was just curious what price it was today. That and FOP are really the only two I'd consider paying for in advance.

But don't kid yourself, variable pricing, within the day, has always been a part of this plan.
RotR was reported at $15.
I just looked at the app and FoP is $11 right now.

Lol....thats not how it works or will work

Its first come, first serve........earlier times sell out and then you get next available
it can work but nowhere near as easily with FP+. And from completely unscientific sample today - earlier didn’t pop up nearly as frequently.

I just tried to add Genie plus for our November trip to our military tickets. It apparently can’t be done online. The message I got was that I need to call my reservation provider or DIsney Reservation center to add. Huge bummer since we get in so late the night before our first park day, we’ll never be able to get the tickets activated before Guest services closes. So our first day we’ll be basically shut out of the 7 am booking period for passes.
🙁

I watched a blogger refresh several times for LL to get Peter Pan from 1:30pm to 11:00am (unless you were referring to the paid options).
Thats only a function of people cancelling an earlier time, you cannot continually do that and get earlier times, meaning that WDW releases chronologically and they sell out in order of earliest to latest.....

Ok......But it doesnt
But it did. Whether or not it will continue to do so is to be seen.

I was messing with it all morning and saw on a few different occasions earlier times did indeed pop up. Not many. May have been a fluke or something. But YES it did happen.

I did purchase them from Shades of Green and they were mailed to me. Our travel agent said that the Disney CM said that Genie + was not available as a pre-ticket inclusion on discounted tix. But, that does not seem to be the case if you were able to add it. I guess since I cannot actually do anything with it until we are there, I can chill out. But, I do not want to have to rush there to activate anything.
I’m in the same boat. Wouldn’t be a problem if we got in a little earlier the night before, but we’ll never make it to Guest Services because we get in so late.

Thats only a function of people cancelling an earlier time, you cannot continually do that and get earlier times, meaning that WDW releases chronologically and they sell out in order of earliest to latest.....
That's exactly how refreshing for FP worked (I guess I better state FP+ because someone will say you couldn't refresh for tickets even though we all know what is meant). It relied on others dropping their FP's as well. Rides would be out of FP's 60 days in advance and yet you could get them day of because people dropped them. That's why people would refresh, to find those earlier times or rides that had previously been sold out.

Although I admit that I haven't read every single post from today, I haven't seen this question addressed:

If you're purchasing ILL$ for 2 or more people, does each person get individually charged for this or is everything charged to the person who does the booking?

And on the subject of paying--do G+ and ILL$ just do the same thing mobile ordering does, which I believe is charging everything to the credit card on file?

TIA to anyone who might know the answers to these Very Pressing Issues!

I'm in the same situation of 3 groups of adult couples but we want to ride everything together. You can load up to 6 credit cards on file and then select them when checking out like a drop down. So, for LL I intend before 7am, check out each group with their credit card. After that for ILL$ rides, we are going to go into a gift shop the day before and buy a gift card together. We can all chip in to pay our part there. You can pay for ILL$ using a gift card then. No one gets screwed that way. It's the only idea we've come up with so far for our scenerio. Obviously they could be linked and log in themselves but they aren't tech savvy and prefer I 'take the wheel'.

Let me know if anyone thinks of a better method, haha.

They may mesure it vs the standby line also, so if standby is short they open up more spots for the genie.

I'm in the same situation of 3 groups of adult couples but we want to ride everything together. You can load up to 6 credit cards on file and then select them when checking out like a drop down. So, for LL I intend before 7am, check out each group with their credit card. After that for ILL$ rides, we are going to go into a gift shop the day before and buy a gift card together. We can all chip in to pay our part there. You can pay for ILL$ using a gift card then. No one gets screwed that way. It's the only idea we've come up with so far for our scenerio. Obviously they could be linked and log in themselves but they aren't tech savvy and prefer I 'take the wheel'.

Let me know if anyone thinks of a better method, haha.
Love your gift card idea! All I’ve got was Venmo, haha.

Anyone have an answer on return times once a LL is booked? An hour? 30 minutes?

I might have missed it.

I just went to switch an ADR time on MDE and when I cancelled the search because there wasn't anything else available, I literally was signed into someone else's MDE account. It actually took me into their profile! Yikes! Now I'm really concerned about my own and someone getting access to my account. I'm honest but someone else maybe not so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter