Disney Genie announcement

It will be really interesting to see how this works during a busy time and not a low crowd day like today. We go right after Thanksgiving so I am sure 20 minute wait times will not be the norm. Will LL still be easy to get?

On the refresh topic..

You cannot cancel your current selection and change it if a better time pops up.

YOU CAN refresh before you book to look for an extra time.
Does this apply to both the free genie & the paid LL?

Unless you drop your time and look for another, which has risks. (I think?)

ETA: referring to G+, not to individually purchased rides, those seem to be locked in
We need this confirmed still. mixed info. can you cancel a genie + or not?

The moment you use your lightning lane you can make another. The two hour rule is only for if your return time is more than 2 hours away you can make another selection after 2 hours. The only real hard cap of lightning lane selections is the amount of rides there are since you can only do each ride once a day.

I just watched Kyle Pallo's vlog and he had trouble getting another Lightning Lane. He got a message that he would need to wait an hour before he can get another Lightning Lane. But after multiple tries, he was able to get another Lightning Lane a half hour after he rode Barnstormer, it was a glitch. Here's the link to Kyle's vlog....

Last edited:
I just watched Kyle Pallo's vlog and he wasn't able to make another Lightning Lane until an hour after he used a Lightning Lane for barnstormer. I don't know if its a glitch or not but I wanted to let people know, just in case. Here's the link to Kyle's vlog....
I didn't watch but did he have another one booked?

Has anyone been stacking LL's to use them all in the evening? Seems there were enough times available later in the day to that?

I am thinking you could get up at 7:00am and buy your 2 LA$ rides, then book one at 11:00am, 1:00pm, and 3:00pm. If it worked out you could have 5 lined up for an evening.

Has anyone been stacking LL's to use them all in the evening? Seems there were enough times available later in the day to that?

I am thinking you could get up at 7:00am and buy your 2 LA$ rides, then book one at 11:00am, 1:00pm, and 3:00pm. If it worked out you could have 5 lined up for an evening.

Actually 6...... for a 9am park opening, by 3pm you could have the following:

7am - book initial Genie+ for SDD
9am - park opens
11am - book 2nd Genie+ for MFSR
1pm - book 3rd Genie+ for ToT
3pm - book 4th Genie+ for TSMM

Plus your 2 IAS purchases

so technically the max you could have is 6 by 3pm (based on availability) and paying max prices so maybe people that have done that today can confirm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter