Disney Genie announcement

I'm sure I missed this--having trouble keeping up with the thread today! For ILL$, has it been confirmed that you can only book ONE of your two attractions at 7am? Or can you book both right away?
You can book both. That has been confirmed.

But can you do that for your friends/family all at once?

Although I admit that I haven't read every single post from today, I haven't seen this question addressed:

If you're purchasing ILL$ for 2 or more people, does each person get individually charged for this or is everything charged to the person who does the booking?

And on the subject of paying--do G+ and ILL$ just do the same thing mobile ordering does, which I believe is charging everything to the credit card on file?

TIA to anyone who might know the answers to these Very Pressing Issues!

I'm still hoping for confirmation that the person booking the group can do all of them at the same time? Has that been confirmed?

I'm in the same situation of 3 groups of adult couples but we want to ride everything together. You can load up to 6 credit cards on file and then select them when checking out like a drop down. So, for LL I intend before 7am, check out each group with their credit card. After that for ILL$ rides, we are going to go into a gift shop the day before and buy a gift card together. We can all chip in to pay our part there. You can pay for ILL$ using a gift card then. No one gets screwed that way. It's the only idea we've come up with so far for our scenerio. Obviously they could be linked and log in themselves but they aren't tech savvy and prefer I 'take the wheel'.

Let me know if anyone thinks of a better method, haha.

Wow -- lot of thought into this! Except I still can't follow, lol. If everyone is planning to G+, can't you do that ahead of time and have it just bill to the CC on file?

And can you confirm that one person can book the IL$ rides for the whole group? My issue isn't the splitting the cost (we're bringing adult kids and footing the bill), but rather how to book everyone at once. It doesn't seem like they'd let you bill people in your F&F group (even though in this case we will have our card on file for all 3 rooms/bookings). Or is the thinking that whomever selects the IL$ is paying the bill?

Because you have to drop your time to get the other one and you risk the earlier one being taken and now you have none
You simply don’t book the LL until you are happy with the LL return time. Refresh now happens before you actually book it, rather than booking it and then modifying it to a new time. I like the old way with FP+ better , I agree, but at least this gives you the ability to still look for earlier times than what may originally show up in MDE. Refresh until you are happy enough, then book it.

Dan

You simply don’t book the LL until you are happy with the LL return time. Refresh now happens before you actually book it, rather than booking it and then modifying it to a new time. I like the old way with FP+ better , I agree, but at least this gives you the ability to still look for earlier times than what may originally show up in MDE. Refresh until you are happy enough, then book it.

Dan
Yah I don't see how this is a whole lot different than the refresh hunt for the 4th FP+ was. If anything it's a bit easier IMO.

What’s the fastest way to refresh now? I’m not at the parks but have an AP so have been playing around today. Is it just pulling down on the screen and then scrolling through? I just tried it and I saw a Smugglers for 810 but then refreshed and it says no availability for rest of day
I'm not certain yet because my G+ isn't working properly. One way that I seem to be able to refresh quickly is when you click on Explore Options Now for booking LL entry. First it goes to the ILLs but then it goes to regular LL. Going back and forth between those pages seems to refresh quickly and in the matter of less than a minute I was able to go from the earliest available BTM being 4:20 down to 3:55 (this was at 3:35) as an example.

ETA, I was able to get Peter Pan from 5:00 down to 3:50 at 3:41.

Disney rewards redemption and gift card can be used to purchase genie+ and IALL
Imagine having a FP+ booked for Splash Mountain for 4pm and you tried the refresh method. At 2pm you saw one available at 2:20. Then, you had to cancel your FP+ and rebook it. How many times do you think they FP+ would still be there?

You can't (currently) change the time of your G+ reservation just because you see an earlier come come available
you can keep going back and forth and not book until you see an acceptable time

Last edited:
Actually 6...... for a 9am park opening, by 3pm you could have the following:

7am - book initial Genie+ for SDD
9am - park opens
11am - book 2nd Genie+ for MFSR
1pm - book 3rd Genie+ for ToT
3pm - book 4th Genie+ for TSMM

Plus your 2 IAS purchases

so technically the max you could have is 6 by 3pm (based on availability) and paying max prices so maybe people that have done that today can confirm?
Problem is the rides you’re booking at 7 and 11 AM and 1 PM are likely to only have returned times an hour to two hours later unless it’s peak season. So you’re not truly stacking up passes to use later in the evening in a short time. You’ll have needed to have ridden several of those by 3 PM.

Has anyone confirmed whether you can get a Boarding Group for Remy and then also purchase an ILL$ for it? Or, alternatively, could you purchase an ILL$ for Remy at 7:00 and then try for a Boarding Group at 1:00?

I looked at genie plus. Says slinky dog stand by line is 65 mins and lightning not available. Does that mean the genie plus lightning lane is filled for the day?
If so I guess the big rides have to be picked first and ridden early.

I feel like that makes sense. I imagine if it was still the old school paper, that would be a ride that runs out quickly.

Has anyone confirmed whether you can get a Boarding Group for Remy and then also purchase an ILL$ for it? Or, alternatively, could you purchase an ILL$ for Remy at 7:00 and then try for a Boarding Group at 1:00?
Yes. I think those are mutually exclusive

So overall we were happy today - left BCV at 8am with ROTR and TSMM prebooked. Rode MMRR standby, did TSMM twice, rode star tours, and left park after ROTR. Stopped for lunch and snacks/cocktails, shopped, and got some fun photo passes. Currently poolside, hunting for a jungle cruise LL around 730 or 745 as we are heading to poly for snacks and drinks then boo bash. We really miss FP+ and sleeping in but honestly this was not the train wreck I was expecting.

edited to add: our biggest issue was frankly the zombie guests who were staring at the phones while walking and not paying attention. I almost got taken out multiple times.

Last edited:
The "you can book another pass after two hours" loophole really contributes to this imo. Savvy guests will take those afternoon slots, knowing that they don't actually have to wait until the end of the day to book another pass. Otherwise they'd have to really think about whether that 4PM pass is worth it. Overall availability is worse, and savvy guests lose out.

Basically, I get why that rule exists, and I'm sure that as a savvy visitor I would use it to full advantage if I ever buy G+, but I still hate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter