Disney Genie Is Now Live Post Your Hints and Tips

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
Genie, Genie+ and Individual Attraction Lightning Lane Passes are now live on The Disneyland California App. You will need to update your App, from the previous version updated on December 3 to the new update version 7.0 December 8

After the update, when you open the App, this is what you will see

Disneyland Genie Info Part 1.jpg
Disneyland Genie Info Part 2.jpg

Disneyland Genie Info Part 3.jpg

Disneyland Genie Info Part 4.jpg

Once you click DONE, the introduction message is gone and the App opens.

If you have a park ticket linked to the App and had made park reservations and restaurant reservations before December 8 , they will be automatically loaded into the new Genie system.

Disneyland Genie Plans Automatically Loaded.jpg

Last edited:

It looks like if you want to book a lightning lane you have to scroll through a long list of attractions and entertainment that don't offer lightning lane on the My Tips page. That will be really frustrating if it's the case. I'm really hoping there's another place to book them or a way to filter the list!

I have a ticket and reservation for 12/11, and I can't get any Genie options. It says Not quite ready to craft your day. Says I'll need a reservation. The app shows my tickets and reservation but this part of it seems blind to it. Any ideas what to do?

It looks like if you want to book a lightning lane you have to scroll through a long list of attractions and entertainment that don't offer lightning lane on the My Tips page. That will be really frustrating if it's the case. I'm really hoping there's another place to book them or a way to filter the list!
In the Tip Board, under the chosen park, there is the Edit Selection. Go into it and select the rides with LL offered. Save. Then those top picks of yours will be listed first. This worked when i toggled between the parks (not sure if there’s another way to refresh).

ETA: you can pull down the screen to refresh. Looks like the top picks will be listed in alphabetical order regardless of the order they were selected.

Last edited:

As an analyst who works on user interfaces for systems, my first reaction to this was OMG SO MANY WORDS. For a company that accommodates international tourists and people with a variety of reading and retention skills it floors me that they would go with a wall of text to share such important information. That choice, by itself, is going to result in confused and angry people in the parks who did not really understand what they bought.

In the Tip Board, under the chosen park, there is the Edit Selection. Go into it and select the rides with LL offered. Save. Then those top picks of yours will be listed first. This worked when i toggled between the parks (not sure if there’s another way to refresh).

ETA: you can pull down the screen to refresh. Looks like the top picks will be listed in alphabetical order regardless of the order they were selected.

I don't have an Edit Selection. Only a Change Park option. Do you need an active reservation to see the Edit options?

I have a ticket and reservation for 12/11, and I can't get any Genie options. It says Not quite ready to craft your day. Says I'll need a reservation. The app shows my tickets and reservation but this part of it seems blind to it. Any ideas what to do?
Same. Seems like you can’t do anything ahead of time, at least at the moment. In the Genie area it’s only showing info for today. There is a “change day” tab in the Genie area but only today is selectable.

Ugh, all of my dining reservations are gone! Hoping this is just a first day glitch! Anyone else seeing this??

At 8:20 I’m seeing most LL return times are immediate except Indy which is at 10:05.

Rise $LL return is 9:25, which is great, but that’s expected since standby is only 60 minutes and $LL is 20 dollars!

Gonna keep an eye on Indy!

You can use the my day planning feature to choose priority rides and it will bring them to the top of the tip page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter